Skyfall nitpicking video

jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
I actually started out looking for a vid/trailer to jog my memory so I wouldn't watch Skyfall whilst trying to chose a Bond to watch but after seeing this, I feel a bit protective of the slagging poor old Skyfall gets :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmoIDKqfY44

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, it's been posted a few times before :# , I think it comes down to
    If you don't like it, you'll find faults all over but if you like it you won't see
    Any faults, of if you do you'll forgive them all. :D it's just like being in love. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I forgive everything.....except this video!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Yes, it's been posted a few times before :# , I think it comes down to
    If you don't like it, you'll find faults all over but if you like it you won't see
    Any faults, of if you do you'll forgive them all. :D it's just like being in love. :))

I do not fully agree with this. I like Skyfall, it is not my favourite Bond movie, not by a long shot, but I do enjoy it. However, quite a few of the things mentioned in this video are spot on. So like all movies (and they review a lot of movies in this fashion), Skyfall has it's flaws and agreeing with the video does not mean that you hate the movie.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    That Youtube User does this for a lot of Films.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I'm happy with partial agreement Peppermill {[] it's like
    Partial nudity, not as good as full, but still nice ! ;) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    edited September 2014
    :)) O and one more thing to note is that he's able to do it in 4 minutes, so there isn't a lot wrong with Skyfall. Most movies he reviews take much longer (like GoldenEye http://youtu.be/ToWUx1cfDgU !)
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I never get past the first ten seconds of that video, where Moneypenny says, "He's in the black Audi" and they call it shameless product placement. What was she supposed to say? He's in the black German luxury car that's not a Mercedes or BMW?

Now the Rolex/Omega discussion in CR, that was shameless product placement.
    I wonder would Roger Moore's line in TMWTGG " A green Rolls Royce "
    Be considered product placement, today ? :))
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Haha, a lot of what this guy says is true. This rant on imdb has even more: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/board/nest/233872258?ref_=tt_bd_1.
    To be honest, I think if you put your mind to it you could
    Pull apart any film even some of the best like FRWL, but
    Only if you wanted to ! :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I find these videos hilarious! :))
    I fully agree with the remark of showering with Solange after hearing that she's been raped and sold with the age of 12.
    I found that pretty creepy when I saw SF in the cinema for the first time.

If he made those with the Dalton movies, each one would run 30 minutes with a lot of tears :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    If he made those with the Dalton movies, each one would run 30 minutes with a lot of tears :)) :)) :))
    Robin Masters need to slap you.
    :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    He needs to spend more time with Zeus & Apollo. ;)
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Everything Wrong With is a popular youtube series that gives dozens of popular films the same treatment. The only other Bond film they have critiqued is Goldeneye.

I watched quite a few of them last night: Gravity, Crimson Tide, Toy Story, Frozen, The Dark Knight, TMNT, Die Hard ...
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Then again there is the old saying .....
    " Those that can. Do. Those that have Teach. Those that Can't, Criticise ! " :))
    I'm sure if any of us made a movie, there'd be plenty pointing out all our mistakes :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I'm sure if any of us made a movie, there'd be plenty pointing out all our mistakes :))
    I have, and yes, mistakes got pointed on, but I knew them already.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    This video is a mix of legitimate points and some silly jokes just to up the number count of "sins".

Skyfall has more holes in it than swiss cheese, but who cares when you're dealing with a movie that's so cinematic and rousing.
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I find these videos hilarious! :))
    I fully agree with the remark of showering with Solange after hearing that she's been raped and sold with the age of 12.
    I found that pretty creepy when I saw SF in the cinema for the first time.

You did mean Sévérine, rather than Solange -{ :007)
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde