Re: * SPOILER * Bond's bathrobe - SPECTRE

The stripe pattern on the arms is close with the kimono

IanT wrote:

I think the sleeves in the pic are too narrow for the kimono. Too thick too.

Arms are too short as well...

For some reason I think the material is thicker...however the stripes on the sleeves are a big clue...as it seems most striped gowns have them running lengthways.

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

My first thought was that it was a heavy dressing gown, but now I'm not so certain. Still not sure that it's as thin as a traditional kimono - and think it's probably more likely to be from some luxury-type men's suppliers in London - but it's hard to say. It definitely looks like a brown stripe to me and as Lexy says, the 'hooped' sleeves should help with a confirmed ID eventually.

I doubt it's a kimono. It looks like a conventional towelling robe. - which raises another possibility. It could be Mr Craig's own, or costume dept support wardrobe. Ie, in the scripted scene Bond is padding about in his pyjamas or shorts, so Mr Craig wears the robe between takes to keep comfortable.
    Same principle as the actors wearing big puffy ski coats between takes on location.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Thunderbird 2 wrote:

I doubt it's a kimono. It looks like a conventional towelling robe. - which raises another possibility. It could be Mr Craig's own, or costume dept support wardrobe. Ie, in the scripted scene Bond is padding about in his pyjamas or shorts, so Mr Craig wears the robe between takes to keep comfortable.
    Same principle as the actors wearing big puffy ski coats between takes on location.

....I think the pics that came with this, is of moneypenny walking on the street below...so I do think this is part of the film, and Craig is not between takes.

She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Agreed I think the sleeves are to thin for a conventional kimono
but the pattern on a kimono means the sleeves match the drop as a kimono is usually displayed on a unique hanger! I know this as I have two kimonos one silk and one cotton.
I think it's a designer take on a traditional kimono. Although I would be happy if someone could just I'D it!! As I too would love one for christmas! !

Last rat standing.

From the pictures the robe looks to be longer than normal, almost ankle length. Also I couldn't see any pockets. So this doesn't quite look like a normal robe/gown.

On Google I did find this Uzbekistan robe with hooped arms and no pockets. So maybe what we're looking for is more exotic...

http://s22.postimg.cc/dbnr45cct/image.jpg

Is there any possibility this could be a very large women's dressing gown? It wouldn't be the first time Bond wears a women's dressing gown.

Thunderbird 2 wrote:

No...it's a scene from the film...it's Bond's flat so it's his dressing gown...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Are you sure it's not DC auditioning fir a role in Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat?  ajb007/lol

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Anyone actually think they'll see this on the screen?????

Moneypenny visits JB after dark and so he puts on a robe? No way. If EON have a chance of Craig with his tits out for the gals scene they'll go for it; therefore, expect Craig in nothing more than jym-jam bottoms flexing away when Moneypenny pops in.

Craig-Bond is a robe when he could be exposing himself? You're joking.

ajb007/lol

David Schofield wrote:

Moneypenny visits JB after dark and so he puts on a robe? No way. If EON have a chance of Craig with his tits out for the gals scene they'll go for it; therefore, expect Craig in nothing more than jym-jam bottoms flexing away when Moneypenny pops in.

ajb007/lol

No doubt a 'topless' scene of DC will be in the script for 'artistic reasons'  ajb007/biggrin

I think we will see this in the final cut...it's called for in the 'script'...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Sir Miles wrote:
David Schofield wrote:

ajb007/lol

No doubt a 'topless' scene of DC will be in the script for 'artistic reasons'  ajb007/biggrin

I think we will see this in the final cut...it's called for in the 'script'...

Have you had a sneaky-peak at the hacked script, Sir Miles? You naughty, naughty boy. ajb007/amazed  ajb007/wink

You couldn't PM me with where to get it could you? ajb007/amazed  ajb007/lol

Judging by the pics of this scene and the placement of the cameras etc I think its fair to say this is def part of the film (unless the editors cut it like the SF jogging scene)

Instagram - bondclothes007

Please be more discreet with your subject headlines. This should have said "clothing". For the next year, I can't forget that we get to see Bond's flat, etc.

David Schofield wrote:

Have you had a sneaky-peak at the hacked script, Sir Miles? You naughty, naughty boy. ajb007/amazed  ajb007/wink

You couldn't PM me with where to get it could you? ajb007/amazed  ajb007/lol

I wish !  ajb007/lol

I can't find it - but I am looking  ajb007/biggrin

I've read bits and pieces that have been leaked...some regarding this scene...it's just a case of joining the dots...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:

Please be more discreet with your subject headlines. This should have said "clothing". For the next year, I can't forget that we get to see Bond's flat, etc.

It does say 'SPECTRE' & 'Spoiler' in the thread title...can't do anymore than that, I think...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Maybe you add "London" "Flat" "James Bond" "Notting Hill" "Before Morning Coffee" "Bad Hair Day!" "Daniel Craig" "United Kingdom" and "Green Trainers" to the title  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Higgins wrote:

Maybe you add "London" "Flat" "James Bond" "Notting Hill" "Before Morning Coffee" "Bad Hair Day!" "Daniel Craig" "United Kingdom" and "Green Trainers" to the title  ajb007/biggrin

I think 'green trainers' would keep EVERYONE away  ajb007/lol

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Sir Miles wrote:
Bond Collectors' Weekends wrote:

It does say 'SPECTRE' & 'Spoiler' in the thread title...can't do anymore than that, I think...

And the thread title doesn't say anything about Bond's flat...

Any one know where in London this Flat is?

Notting Hill.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

JBT0077 wrote:

At first i thought that it's from bown of london. But i contact them and it's not.

I still think it's a Bown one, the lighting is poor in the picture but their range fits the bill in terms of style and finesse, as well
As look
http://www.bownoflondon.co.uk/photo_12862151.html

Tennyson wrote:
JBT0077 wrote:

At first i thought that it's from bown of london. But i contact them and it's not.

I still think it's a Bown one, the lighting is poor in the picture but their range fits the bill in terms of style and finesse, as well
As look
http://www.bownoflondon.co.uk/photo_12862151.html

No it's not.
this is the answer of the company.

No this is not one of our gowns, it is similar to our Venezia in velour, but
this photo looks like a fleece or a very heavy terry, our gowns are in
"Mission Impossible 5" and Downton Abbey though. Thank you for your
interest.
regards john morphett

Did we ever figure out who makes Bond's robe?