Re: Can we ban anyone who's starting another ranking or pros and cons

For what it's worth I think that the Bond rankings should have it's own sub forum. I think it would actually be quite popular. I can find some of the ranking lists from fellow Bond fans quite interesting (although some of the ranking threads are ridiculous) but I can appreciate that they are not everybody's cup of tea.  ajb007/martini

1.ohmss  2.cr  3.frwl  4.ltk  5.gf  6.tswlm  7.sf  8.op  9.tld  10.dn  11.lald  12.tb  13.fyeo  14.ge  15.mr  16.yolt  17.tnd  18.avtak  19.sp  20.twine  21.qos  22.tmwtgg  23.daf  24.dad

I don't really get the whole ranking thing but each to their own so live and let rank or rank another day. Any how I think the trivia forum is a sound idea. A good home for your rank only

It was either that.....or the priesthood

We haven't had a new ranking thread since

6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Days!

Seems hat the mods did a bloodbath among the w... Rankers  ajb007/biggrin

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Chriscoop wrote:

I don't really get the whole ranking thing but each to their own so live and let rank or rank another day. Any how I think the trivia forum is a sound idea. A good home for your rank only

Ha ha, well played sir!! ajb007/lol

Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool. Craig is too.
#1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.QOS 4.DN 5.GF/GE 6.SP 7.FRWL 8.TB/TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT

chrisisall wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Ha ha, well played sir!! ajb007/lol

Thank you my American cousin, I think its best to keep these threads from becoming too serious or an outright witch hunt or even ranker hunt!  Moonranker anyone?

It was either that.....or the priesthood

It would probably be a good idea to make a separate ranking forum for those who want to do it so that the people who don't like it aren't bothered by it.

Very true, and it's been the subject of discussion earlier in this thread, but it would take our administrator SiCo to set that up and he isn't here much these days.

Could Mods move any threads concerning ranking to the trivia section ?
as a temporary  solution ?

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

It's under discussion right now, TP!  ajb007/smile

That's a great idea.  It would stimulate discussion in the least popular forum.

Oh, it's far from the least popular forum!

The triva section gets a lot of action !  ajb007/wink  that's where the big boys hang out.  ajb007/biggrin

I'll add my name to those members saying the ranking threads should go in the trivia sub-section (or other suitable place) though I know the final decision is down to our admin SiCo.  ajb007/martini

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

So here is the bigger question:

Do rankers suffer Asperger Syndrome??

Just came across with an episode of "Big Bang Theory" where Sheldon Cooper mentions that Halle Berry is only his 4th favourite catwoman!
And then he starts rating the XMen favourites  ajb007/biggrin

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Higgins wrote:

So here is the bigger question:

Do rankers suffer Asperger Syndrome??

Just came across with an episode of "Big Bang Theory" where Sheldon Cooper mentions that Halle Berry is only his 4th favourite catwoman!
And then he starts rating the XMen favourites  ajb007/biggrin

I have aspergers and I am a fellow ranker. Can't speak for others. (I also have OCD though).

1 - Lald, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Avtak, 4 - Op, 5 - Dn, 6 - Fyeo, 7 - Tswlm, 8 - Daf, 9 - Sf, 10 - Ohmss, 11 - Yolt, 12 - Ge, 13 - Tld, 14 - Mr, 15 - Gf, 16 - Tb, 17 - Tmwtgg, 18 - Sp, 19 - Tnd, 20 - Dad, 21 - Twine, 22 - Frwl, 23 - Cr, 24 - Qos

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Silhouette Man wrote:

I'll add my name to those members saying the ranking threads should go in the trivia sub-section (or other suitable place) though I know the final decision is down to our admin SiCo.  ajb007/martini

Well, we've taken it to committee and you can expect an announcement soon.

Edit: And here it is http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47301/ple … g-threads/

Still think it should be renamed the Funhouse Forum - that way, it deals with all of rankings, games, and trivia.

1 - Lald, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Avtak, 4 - Op, 5 - Dn, 6 - Fyeo, 7 - Tswlm, 8 - Daf, 9 - Sf, 10 - Ohmss, 11 - Yolt, 12 - Ge, 13 - Tld, 14 - Mr, 15 - Gf, 16 - Tb, 17 - Tmwtgg, 18 - Sp, 19 - Tnd, 20 - Dad, 21 - Twine, 22 - Frwl, 23 - Cr, 24 - Qos

Beyond our remit, I'm afraid. That's a SiCo job.

Jarvio wrote:

I have aspergers and I am a fellow ranker. Can't speak for others. (I also have OCD though).

Hello Jarvio,

if you don't mind my further question:
I understand the need to put things into a logical order - what I don't get is the need to go public with all these rankings and to compare to a degree that we've recently seen.

For me, my preferences are a pretty personal thing and I don't see much of a reason to show them to such a degree of detail in public and to compare with others. It's not that relevant to me.

And this is a serious question, I really want to learn and understand the motives  ajb007/cheers

Higgins wrote:
Jarvio wrote:

Hello Jarvio,

if you don't mind my further question:
I understand the need to put things into a logical order - what I don't get is the need to go public with all these rankings and to compare to a degree that we've recently seen.

For me, my preferences are a pretty personal thing and I don't see much of a reason to show them to such a degree of detail in public and to compare with others. It's not that relevant to me.

And this is a serious question, I really want to learn and understand the motives  ajb007/cheers

Well, for me at least, I just find it interesting to see other people's lists. And I also find it interesting for other people to analyse my list/make comments on it. I dunno really, nothing more than that for me I suppose. I'm not sure if it's my aspergers talking, or my OCD, or possibly a combination of both lol. But other fellow rankers might have something different to say.

For the record, I'd like to think I am nothing like Sheldon Cooper - I hate that guy! lol

ajb007/biggrin  Did not want to offend you by mentioning Sheldon.

Is he the main reason why I like the show? Yes!
Would I like to live with him in one appartment or have him as my friend? Certainly not!  ajb007/wink

Higgins wrote:

ajb007/biggrin  Did not want to offend you by mentioning Sheldon.

Is he the main reason why I like the show? Yes!
Would I like to live with him in one appartment or have him as my friend? Certainly not!  ajb007/wink

When I first got into the show, I liked him and found him a funny/interesting character.

But as time went on..... ajb007/biggrin

Small doses I guess. But yes, to know him in real life would be a nightmare!

I love Sheldon as a character, I find many similarities with myself.
Mainly the belief that I'm right and everyone else is wrong !  ajb007/biggrin

I've been told I'm like Sheldon but I've never seen the show. It's probably not a compliment!  ajb007/lol

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).