Skyfall vs. Home Alone

Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
The final third of Skyfall was iconically derived from the scenes in Home Alone where the 8 year old boy sets booby traps to guard the house against two robbers.

IMO, Skyfall did it better. As contrived as SF was, it never got to the crazy level of contrivance in Home Alone. The boy could've called 9/11 or told somebody a lot sooner. The booby traps didn't stop the robbers - it only annoyed them. And the last 15 minutes of the movie pretty much ignores that it even happened. In SF, however, a secret agent can't really call for help.

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Seriously? It is nothing like Home Alone. Thousands of films/TV programmes have had this same concept. Home Alone was a comedy about a kid with unrealistic comedy booby traps. You'd have been better off comparing it to McGyver.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thought we'd seen the end of the SF v Home Alone jokes. :#
    It may have been a funny comparison when the film came out but
    After three years ! Smacks of grasping at straws, at some way of
    Attacking the film.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Seriously? It is nothing like Home Alone. Thousands of films/TV programmes have had this same concept. Home Alone was a comedy about a kid with unrealistic comedy booby traps. You'd have been better off comparing it to McGyver.

Didn't you see the tarantula drop on Silvas head?????

Never really understood this comparison myself, defending any base / forte etc is now a Home Alone thing??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I only say what I see. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It's not being defensive, it's just a silly comparison. What next, Point Break v Die Another Day because they both featured surfing.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Are People still making this Comparison ?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    It has been used in so many movies, as a visual shorthand to show
    How abandoned the hero is. Next we'll have the usually DC is too
    Short, threads 8-) ..... Same Sh*t, different day. :# I'm sorry if this
    Sounds defensive, but it does get tiresome, after a while.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I agree :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    I only meant to praise Skyfall for taking a concept in another movie and going on the next level with it. That's all.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,612MI6 Agent
    I guess The Spy Who Loved Me novel was based on Home Alone too then on this analysis... 8-)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I only meant to praise Skyfall for taking a concept in another movie and going on the next level with it.

But it didn't. I doubt the scriptwriters had Home Alone in mind at all when writing SKYFALL anymore than they had Airwolf in mind.