At MI6 headquarters...

imranbecksimranbecks SingaporePosts: 139MI6 Agent
I never got around to sharing photos I took when I was at the MI6 HQ over at Vauxhall whilst vacationing in London last January with my wife. Well, with Spectre coming up, I thought its about time I share the photos I took at MI6. Its definitely the one place in London many Bond fans would go to when they are there! A very impressive looking building that looks like a fortress. And nice to see M's office is still standing strong... Try harder Silva :s

22074329668_a6a3bc98eb_b.jpg
22075250399_94578e868d_b.jpg
22074371278_526a7ce279_b.jpg
21641135163_c15fc75afb_b.jpg
21641124163_9d1276ba43_b.jpg
22272753001_b29c64c775_b.jpg
22074549568_cfb011b95c_b.jpg
22272795111_3451ac398a_b.jpg
22075488549_f1c7c53a43_b.jpg
22235965486_145572cc7f_b.jpg
21641327753_3dbd7fa592_b.jpg
22249149442_56da806c60_b.jpg

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Very nice mate.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Yes, very cool -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Great pictures -{
    YNWA 97
  • RyfallRyfall Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    I plan to get some similar photos on my trip to London! Great work.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,170MI6 Agent
    Great pics. And nice watch! {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • imranbecksimranbecks SingaporePosts: 139MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Great photos! Of course you realise that you were probably under observation yourself whilst taking them! There will be lots of tourists taking such photographs yet as SOP the area around the HQ will be under constant surveillance in order to separate the innocent tourist from those with perhaps a darker intent.

It is quite likely that your mugshot is sitting on a hard drive somewhere in MI6 records just in case anything untoward happens in the future!

LOL.. I was actually trying to be discreet when taking photos there. Then again, I've got nothing to hide.. I will happily take pics over there again if I come back.
    As long as you are on public property, you can photograph anything, You
    Don't have to hand over memory cards or equipment etc, infact you don't
    Even have to show your photos to a police officer ( on the camera screen) ;)
    These are your rights as a British Citizen. :D
    Although, If I was asked I'd show him/ her all my photos on the camera, as
    I don't want to spend a night in the cells, getting a body cavity search. :))
    ( well, not without dinner and dancing first !) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Great photos, it's nice to see different angles of the building because in the films we only ever get the riverside shot
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
    I know nothing about the Police, but my Information comes from a handout
    Given to all freelance and press photographers and videographers. Infact there
    Are a few YouTube videos showing them out on the streets confronting both police
    And private security, to point out. That we're not living in a police state ( give it time) ;)
    Surprisingly many police don't seem to understand many of the freedoms people
    Have, they're just not used to being pulled on them.
    As I also said, If asked, I not only tell the Police what I was doing, I'd happily
    Show my photos to them. In fact I'd be looking for their views on my composition
    use of light and if I'd applied the rule of thirds in an artistic and pleasing way. ;)
    While Mr sneaky terrorist bloke with a hidden camera in his sun glasses, directly
    Uploads his images to a cloud based library, for immediate private or public viewing.

Please don't feel, I'm in any way arguing with you Stag, I accept all that you say.
    You are much more knowledgeable than I on these matters, but technology moves
    on so while PC plod stops some tourist who wants to get up on the same lamppost
    Lazenby did. Old Johnny terrorist, is happily wandering around capturing everthing. :D

During the many wars with the French, I wonder did we stop any artists from painting
    or sketching. The Palace of Westminster, or 10 Downing street ? :))

So yes, I'd go ahead and take the photos, I'm sure they're used to Bond Nuts, wandering
    around. :))
    I'm glad to hear it. {[] :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    It always made me laugh,every time I went to work in Cheltenham ,there was single decker buses (public) that had as their destination on the front in big bold letters GCHQ , "ah Ivan now vee are in zur town of zur Cheltenham ,vee need to find zur Tommies secret spy base ""I know Illea ,vee could always catch the 473 bus" :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?