Topic: SPECTRE Spoiler FREE Reviews

Keep this spoiler free guys!!!

Here are a few comments from tonights press screening on twitter

@Rob_Coppinger
Just saw @SonyPicturesUK preview screening #SPECTRE is better than #Skyfall, a 2h 28min movie that flies by with action and humour

@jamie_graham9
SPECTRE: old-school adventure & flamboyance, done with discretion & steel. Not a classic but strong

Instagram - bondclothes007

Re: SPECTRE Spoiler FREE Reviews

Cheers for the thread Welshie.

So far they seem pretty positive.  ajb007/martini

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

Uh oh guys. On rotten tomatoes there are 3 up, all 3/5.

Honestly I hope it gets at least an 85% on rotten tomatoes, but i was expecting it to get... well 95% or more... i was expecting it to be the best bond ever. I hope it is

Last edited by Shatterfang (21st Oct 2015 23:18)

So I took the chance of reading some headlines as well as reading two actual reviews and everything is looking good! It's interesting what seems to be the common point of contention in the movie...not what's missing...but what isn't needed rather. I'm SOOO excited but I hate that I have to wait till Nov. 5th here in the U.S.!!!!

ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

Yes...considerably...

MrBeech wrote:

So I took the chance of reading some headlines as well as reading two actual reviews and everything is looking good! It's interesting what seems to be the common point of contention in the movie...not what's missing...but what isn't needed rather. I'm SOOO excited but I hate that I have to wait till Nov. 5th here in the U.S.!!!!

I hate to give your hopes up a little bit more, but its Nov 6th  ajb007/crap

Shatterfang wrote:
MrBeech wrote:

I have pre-release tickets bought for Nov. 5th.  ajb007/bond

Yes...considerably...

Heres another

Vincent Dowd @dowdv  2h2 hours ago London, England
Back from first media screening of SPECTRE. A bit uneven and doesn't convince as SKYFALL did. A big hit nonetheless.

ajb007/biggrin Wait

MrBeech wrote:
Shatterfang wrote:
MrBeech wrote:

ajb007/biggrin Wait a minute, what time of showing is that?

Shatterfang wrote:

ajb007/biggrin Wait

MrBeech wrote:
Shatterfang wrote:

ajb007/biggrin Wait a minute, what time of showing is that?

8pm MST

Yes...considerably...

Some dude on mi6

This is more QOS than CR I'm afraid. A bit hit-and-miss

3/5

ITV Review (took snippets)

James Bond Spectre review: Exciting action and laugh out loud funny

At the end of the first Spectre press viewing tonight there were cheers and claps for a film that is Bond through and through,

Bond films are by now characterised by the all action opening sequence and I have to say this one tops the lot - it is quite simply spectacular!

The film is surprisingly funny, there are quite a few really laugh out loud moments, and Daniel Craig is great in the role again - he seemed to be enjoying himself though why he'd do another Bond film would be beyond me! I'd be surprised if he does.

But .... Is it as good as Skyfall? No, in my opinion, that was always going to be a tall order, fans will love it but I would be surprised if it smashes the box office in the way Skyfall did.

After this film, what on earth can the 007 team do with James Bond? It would be a very brave director indeed who takes up where Sam Mendes has left off. The franchise has been spectacularly rebooted - perhaps it's time for Bond to settle down?

welshboy78 wrote:

Some dude on mi6

This is more QOS than CR I'm afraid. A bit hit-and-miss

3/5

Yeah I saw a tweet that said: "Quantum of Solace 2: This Time It's Personal."

Without Marc Forster and his spastic editor, that's impossible  ajb007/tongue

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

I can't go on thursday i have write club  ajb007/crap

and another thing that worrie s me is... From skyfall i learned that American critics are a lot more complaining than english ones. I remember the tomato meter dropping from 99 to 92 once it hit america.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Early- … 89637.html

Alot of reactions here!

AND WE'RE STARTING OFF WITH A 92% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES, BASED ON 11/12 CERTIFIED FRESH REVIEWS !!! o yea

Hmmmmm.........from these reviews, I'm expecting a Connery/Moore style Bond similar to YOLT or TSWLM. And I am ok with that.

1.FYEO  2.AVTAK  3.OP  4.LTK  5.TND  6.LALD  7.GE  8.GF  9.TSWLM  10.SPECTRE  11.SF  12.MR 13.YOLT  14.TLD  15.CR (06)  16.TMWTGG  17.TB  18.FRWL  19.DAD  20.DAF  21.TWINE  22.QoS  23.NSNA  24.DN  25.OHMSS  26.CR (67)

I do believe I unconsciously smiled when I heard: 'it divides opinions.'  ajb007/lol

Rrrreeeeeaaaaallllyyyy.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller

Appears to be lot of humour in this film by the sound of the reviewers.  More so then any other DC film maybe?    Has DC finally cracked more obvious humour?

They've been on a very gradual curve with him ever since CR. I think it's a natural progression, really, and I don't have a problem with it. In a sense, it might well be part of the overall arc of Craig's iteration. That would not surprise me.

Reviews look positive but I feel like many of the people that get to see it early generally give it a higher rating.

It sucks that some are saying it falls short of Skyfall. I mean looking at this formula: Opening Gunbarrel+Best Opening JB Action Scene+Humor+Hot Bond Girls+Homage to Old Bond Films...I mean how can this fall short of Skyfall? Oh right... Writings on the Wall  ajb007/lol

bryno92 wrote:

It sucks that some are saying it falls short of Skyfall.

With the logic of this universe, that probably means that many SF detractors (and there are many of those, for the biggest film in British history!) will probably like it.

bryno92 wrote:

Reviews look positive but I feel like many of the people that get to see it early generally give it a higher rating.

It sucks that some are saying it falls short of Skyfall. I mean looking at this formula: Opening Gunbarrel+Best Opening JB Action Scene+Humor+Hot Bond Girls+Homage to Old Bond Films...I mean how can this fall short of Skyfall? Oh right... Writings on the Wall  ajb007/lol

I suppose it depends on highly they rate Skyfall. A lot of critics liked it but there are those Bond fans (me included) that dont rate it as a billion pound film. I have a feeling i am going to enjoy Spectre a lot more.

MrBeech wrote:

Don't worry, I am in England, and I can't get to see it until the 7th November due to work and other commitments that I just can't get out of...That is even worse!