Blofeld Trilogy

bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
After seeing SP again:

My fiancé (not a super big Bond fan) likes the Craig films but really likes QOS (just one more reason to love her, lol), and feels SP is a great followup to QOS and that SF is an unnecessary film: ignores the mystery organization CR and QOS introduces, has a lame villain plot, and Craig is too dour in it.

CR, QOS, and SP do make a pretty neat Blofeld trilogy, IMHO. Kind of reverses Fleming's trilogy storyline in that QOS becomes the revenge story YOLT is, and SP becomes the OHMSS but without the sad ending to the romance. Not a perfect reflection but still cool, thank you EON.

Thoughts?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Your fiance' is most perceptive. Keep her. :D
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Thanks, plan to. :007)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited December 2015
    I like the theory, except it's hard to accept a Blofeld trilogy that ends with ESB alive and imprisoned. Perhaps CR, QoS and SF are a prequel trilogy...and we've just started another :p :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Wise blueman.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The phantom Ernst
    Attack of the spectres
    Revenge of the Blofeld ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The phantom Ernst
    Attack of the spectres
    Wow, that's actually apropos... :))
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Spectre, The Property Of A Lady, The Garden Of Death. That should be the Blofeld trilogy
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:
    Spectre, The Property Of A Lady, The Garden Of Death. That should be the Blofeld trilogy

{[]
    Jarvio wrote:

{[]

My OCD really wants them to use up the remaining Fleming titles (Well, except for 007 In New York).

And The Garden Of Death, well that just intrigues me, and I think it would make a great title! I can't see that happening though, but I'm sure they will use the concept in a film.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

Jarvio wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

{[]

My OCD really wants them to use up the remaining Fleming titles (Well, except for 007 In New York).

And The Garden Of Death, well that just intrigues me, and I think it would make a great title! I can't see that happening though, but I'm sure they will use the concept in a film.

I think The Death Collector is an excellent alternative to Garden...but as long as they finally tell that story -{
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    A loose adaptation of John Gardner's No One Lives Forever wouldn't be a bad idea either. The basic plot - SPECTRE places a price on Bond's head - would seem to present a logical progression from the events of Spectre. It would also be in keeping with the newer villains' more small scale plots and schemes and allow for another more "personal" adventure, something else the filmmakers seem to like lately.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

{[]

Based on the safe house in Spectre, I don't think they're planning on using "The Hildebrand Rarity".
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Jarvio wrote:

{[]

I think The Death Collector is an excellent alternative to Garden...but as long as they finally tell that story -{
    I'd be down for that trilogy too. -{
    Matt S wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

{[]

Based on the safe house in Spectre, I don't think they're planning on using "The Hildebrand Rarity".

I suppose not. I do hope they'll use it one day though.

Have they ever used a bond title from a non-fleming novel? I don't think they have. Will it ever happen?

Jarvio wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

I suppose not. I do hope they'll use it one day though.

Have they ever used a bond title from a non-fleming novel? I don't think they have. Will it ever happen?

They have not. Wouldn't EoN need to purchase the rights to those? There were some really great titles.
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    The Bloefeld trilogy is TB, OHMSS and YOLT. Unfortunately they shot them in the wrong order.

After the reboot, CR, QoS and SF pave the way for SP, so my take on this would be that CR and QoS are the new DN and FRWL in the new universe. SF would be the new TB, so not superfluous at all, SP is OHMSS and the revenge story is yet to come. We'll see what happens with Blofeld and Madeleine.
    Ah, the Craig films as EON's first films. I guess I'd think of SF as Craig's GF, both films ignore the Spectre frame.
    On the subject of Blofeld, I noticed tonight that Rob Brydon has the same
    Phraseology and delivery as Christoph Waltz :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    Ah, the Craig films as EON's first films. I guess I'd think of SF as Craig's GF, both films ignore the Spectre frame.

No, just GF. Silva worked for Blofeld.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    The phantom Ernst
    Attack of the spectres

A New Bond
    Blofeld Strikes Back
    Return of the 00 Section

Spectre Awakens
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    :)) nicely done " The Farce is strong with you " -{
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    blueman wrote:

No, just GF. Silva worked for Blofeld.

Yes, but that was retrospectively done; no mention in the actual film of Silva being linked to Spectre.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    am I the only one who thinks that DC's first three movies resemble the first three of SC? :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    am I the only one who thinks that DC's first three movies resemble the first three of SC? :)

Sorry, not at all. I thought they were some of the furthest Bond films from any of Connery's films. On the other hand, I though Spectre was Connery-like.
    not from style or acting wise, but I thought:
    •CR-the beginning of Bond, first mission, everything's being set up -> like DN
    •QoS-the prequel; just like FRWL is DN's follow-up
    •then SF, the standalone mission (until SP); just like GF
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    not from style or acting wise, but I thought:
    •CR-the beginning of Bond, first mission, everything's being set up -> like DN
    •QoS-the prequel; just like FRWL is DN's follow-up
    •then SF, the standalone mission (until SP); just like GF

DN is not the beginning of Bond, it's just the first Bond film.
    yes, but you know cinematic birth. we don't know what Bond's been up to, but it's his first adventure for us viewers
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    yes, but you know cinematic birth. we don't know what Bond's been up to, but it's his first adventure for us viewers

I can see that parallel; DN as being the original birth of cinematic Bond and CR being a rebirth for 21st century. I don't get QoS parallel with From Russia with Love as QoS is a direct follow-on from the events of CR.
    Lady Ice wrote:

I can see that parallel; DN as being the original birth of cinematic Bond and CR being a rebirth for 21st century. I don't get QoS parallel with From Russia with Love as QoS is a direct follow-on from the events of CR.
    my parallel was that FRWL is sort of a 'direct' sequel to DN at least in regard of Sylvia Trench returning and Spectre is now behind dr.no like Quantum/Spectre was behind Le Chiffre
    Lady Ice wrote:

Actually, SPECTRE wants revenge for the death of Dr. No in FRWL, so that makes FRWL the closest thing to a direct sequel of all Bond films until QoS.