Blofeld's base similarities in SPECTRE and Diamonds Are Forever

solarflaresolarflare Sturgeon BayPosts: 3MI6 Agent
The desert laboratory and oil rig in Diamonds Are Forever reminds me of Blofeld's observatory in SPECTRE and the other film also features Blofeld.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The Crater base in Spectre I think was a nod to the fantastic Ken Adam "Volcano" base from
    YOLT. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    The Crater base in Spectre I think was a nod to the fantastic Ken Adam "Volcano" base from

I'd agree here. I think the desert feel was definitely an homage to DAF though.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Agent Kino wrote:

The writers of Spectre said there are a lot of things that are similar to old Bond films that weren't inspired by them. If we're going to compare deserts to past Bond films, TSWLM has the most desert. But really, it's a much different desert in SP and it's used in a different way. Practically every single thing in SP can be compared to something from a previous Bond film. It's not because the writers in SP are trying to make everything an homage or that they're out of ideas. It's just that when you have a series with 23 previous films all in the same genre, things will naturally be repeated.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Agent Kino wrote:

The writers of Spectre said there are a lot of things that are similar to old Bond films that weren't inspired by them. If we're going to compare deserts to past Bond films, TSWLM has the most desert. But really, it's a much different desert in SP and it's used in a different way. Practically every single thing in SP can be compared to something from a previous Bond film. It's not because the writers in SP are trying to make everything an homage or that they're out of ideas. It's just that when you have a series with 23 previous films all in the same genre, things will naturally be repeated.

Well of course! However, as avid Bond fans I think we just automatically believe everything to be an homage. TSWLM definitely had the most desert, you are correct there. I just thought that, for me and it's only my humble opinion, I thought of DAF as that scene was playing through.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    solarflare wrote:
    The desert laboratory and oil rig in Diamonds Are Forever reminds me of Blofeld's observatory in SPECTRE and the other film also features Blofeld.

I thought more of YOLT's volcano lair and the constant "Open the crater".

And I think the most desert has been in QOS. Quantum/SPECTRE really like operating in Italy and in the desert.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery