Goldfinger chase recreation using Gilbert Slot car set from 1965

I've had this Gilbert Road Race slot car set for a long time and finally spent some time getting it to work. It runs better than I thought it would, so I decided to make a video. This is my recreation of the Goldfinger Alpine drive and chase from the movie. This is my first attempt at a project like this, so feedback would be helpful.

Here is the Utube link-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9K01iisqak

Comments

• _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    bmt216 wrote:
    I've had this Gilbert Road Race slot car set for a long time and finally spent some time getting it to work. It runs better than I thought it would, so I decided to make a video. This is my recreation of the Goldfinger Alpine drive and chase from the movie. This is my first attempt at a project like this, so feedback would be helpful.

Here is the Utube link-

Tons of fun! Very creative, you should be the nominated "slot car scene recreator" for the forum. So good.
    Murder | Employment.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wow that must have taken some time to film, excellent video! Watch out with using that Bond music though, YouTube might mute/remove the video due to copyright.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Very nice, love the stunts and special effects and none of it was CGI (or I couldn't tell :)) )
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :) very good -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Even before watching the video, the subject line was the coolest I've seen in weeks! Nice work, OO7!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • bmt216bmt216 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    I would like to thank everyone for your comments. I had a lot of fun making the video.
    Thanks again
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    What was your source for music used in the movie clip compilation? Clearly not the original soundtrack but better than the average "Silva Screen" rendition.
  • bmt216bmt216 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    The film portion of video is Goldfinger by Mantovani, slot car drive portion is from Goldfinger soundtrack and the car chase is from From Russia With Love soundtrack
  • LooeyLooey AustraliaPosts: 6MI6 Agent
    That's great! It's the first time I've seen the Gilbert set in action.
    I'm glad you were able to resist the temptation to set the villain car on fire as it plunged over the cliff!
    I'm hoping to do something similar with my Scalextric No Time To Die Micro slot car layout.
    -I'm just waiting on delivery of a micro HD camera, that I can fasten onto the front of the chase car...

bmt216 wrote:

Here is the Utube link-