Re: Bond 25 Director

Boyle film crew are back for 'pick up' shots. They will be back in July for the final stint (a Beach gig with 5000 extras)
I'll do my best to speak with him again but I doubt if I will find out much more. My objective will be to continue lobbying (less of that, more of this, no to Helicopters, yes to Tradecraft, no more snow, no back story or personal angle of any kind...)

With luck I may get a proper introduction this time rather than almost knocking the poor chap over.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

What could possibly be wrong with snow in a Bond movie?  ajb007/confused  ajb007/confused  ajb007/confused

Number24 wrote:

What could possibly be wrong with snow in a Bond movie?  ajb007/confused  ajb007/confused  ajb007/confused

Enough already (for a while at least)

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

One short scene in fifty en years, without a ski in sight and even in the wrong country?
How is that enough????    ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad

(I'm only pretending to be angry   ajb007/smile.  )

It's only 16 years, N24, you're exaggerating!

https://s7.postimg.cc/3mx3f10tz/AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

https://s7.postimg.cc/8mujmroef/aa_old_man_4.jpg

Number24 wrote:

One short scene in fifty en years, without a ski in sight and even in the wrong country?
How is that enough????    ajb007/mad  ajb007/mad

(I'm only pretending to be angry   ajb007/smile.  )

I don't really care about snow, quite like the stuff. Pretty sure it's more than one scene in 50 years (must do the math sometime) The other stuff I'm dead serious about. Although never say never and all that as it all depends on how things are done. I'm compiling a list. ajb007/bond

I'd give my right arm for another SnowJob !  ajb007/wink I'd even wait 127 hours for it

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

Snowjob (courtesy of John Barry):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9& … JGk5m89e90

The only time Craig's Bond has been seen in the snow is briefly in Kazan and of course Austria. I wouldn't mind having the character in snow again for Bond 25 if it was a great location. I just hope they don't go back to Italy for awhile.

@deanwdunlevy

Once again I blame Autocorrect. It was origionally "fifteen years". The last ski scene was back in TWINE, and the last  good one (in spite of the pretend Beach Boys) was back in AVTAK. That's hardy enough.

The snow scenes in Spectre were good, but nothing beats OHMSS, imo. Now if we had a scenes to rival those at Plz Gloria...  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

The snow scenes in SPECTRE were good, but I wrote "ski scenes".
I agree the ski scenes in OHMSS are the gold standard  ajb007/bond

Number24 wrote:

They are indeed the benchmark. I think a lot depends upon whether the actor can Ski or not. Not to championship standard of course but one of the things that let TWINE down was that Brozzer could barely stand up on them so those funny little devices were used and a lot of stunt doubles. I think we now since Cruise and Craig we have grown used to the actor at least being plausible. Lazenby was I belive a competent Skier and I think it was a contributory factor, that and superb cinematography and amazing stunt skiers. I think films can get away this this for some things, for example it did not detract from the fantastic dive in GE that I knew it was not Pierce. The difference may be that there was no need for reaction shots.

zaphod99 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

They are indeed the benchmark. I think a lot depends upon whether the actor can Ski or not. Not to championship standard of course but one of the things that let TWINE down was that Brozzer could barely stand up on them so those funny little devices were used and a lot of stunt doubles. I think we now since Cruise and Craig we have grown used to the actor at least being plausible. Lazenby was I belive a competent Skier and I think it was a contributory factor, that and superb cinematography and amazing stunt skiers. I think films can get away this this for some things, for example it did not detract from the fantastic dive in GE that I knew it was not Pierce. The difference may be that there was no need for reaction shots.

Your point is well taken-I believe Laz might have even skiied competitively before becoming Bond, although I’m still not sure much of what we see is actually him. I don’t believe Daniel is a skier and I think that factored into why we didn’t see him skiing in Spectre despite the fact that the location and Bond history clearly called for it. That scene with the plane was a disappointment in every regard.

I think the scene in SPECTRE was originally intended to be a ski scene, but Craig didn't want to ski so it was changed. That's what I think I read, anyway.
A friend of mine actually saw the filming of the ski scene in TWINE, or at least a part of it. I understand he watched from a distance, so it might be stunt double he saw.

I believe Roger Moore wasn't a skier when he started out as Bond, but because of Bond he learnt it and started enjoying it. A bit like Connery and golf. I think Moore's skiing instructor was Norwegian (?) and he became a competent skier.of course Moore spent a lot of time in Switzerland and was able to ski on hus free time.

Miles Messervy wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Your point is well taken-I believe Laz might have even skiied competitively before becoming Bond, although I’m still not sure much of what we see is actually him. I don’t believe Daniel is a skier and I think that factored into why we didn’t see him skiing in Spectre despite the fact that the location and Bond history clearly called for it. That scene with the plane was a disappointment in every regard.

It was and is a large part of why I am in no rush to see another. Daniel is a canny actor and I wonder if this played into his not wanting to do a ski scene? His Bond is built upon credibility.

Number24 wrote:

I think the scene in SPECTRE was originally intended to be a ski scene, but Craig didn't want to ski so it was changed. That's what I think I read, anyway.

It was described as "parkour on skis", which could have been a lot of fun:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNYgzBsmXE

And from the looks of pre-pro art it was a lot more elaborate (or at least physical).

https://s31.postimg.cc/jdsmd5rnb/Ct5eq_Hr_WYAAHd4_I.jpg

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
Number24 wrote:

It was described as "parkour on skis", which could have been a lot of fun:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgNYgzBsmXE

And from the looks of pre-pro art it was a lot more elaborate (or at least physical).

https://s31.postimg.cc/jdsmd5rnb/Ct5eq_Hr_WYAAHd4_I.jpg

Wow! That would have been incredible.Finding myself eating my own words and wishing he had agreed to it. Let's hope the next chap is a Skier and it can be included.

Extreme skiing hasn't been featured in any action movie I have ever seen. Bond should be first.

Extreme skiing would look fantastic, some of the stuff on youtube is amazing.

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

zaphod99 wrote:

Boyle film crew are back for 'pick up' shots. They will be back in July for the final stint (a Beach gig with 5000 extras)
I'll do my best to speak with him again but I doubt if I will find out much more. My objective will be to continue lobbying (less of that, more of this, no to Helicopters, yes to Tradecraft, no more snow, no back story or personal angle of any kind...)

With luck I may get a proper introduction this time rather than almost knocking the poor chap over.

Tell him we need Shirley Bassey to do the theme tune.

Look at this video for Extreme skiing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbhZRKxp7M

Number24 wrote:

Look at this video for Extreme skiing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbhZRKxp7M

Looks great!... I'd welcome some of this in '25' esp. as a contrast to some hotter/exotic locations [although cold can be exotic too  ajb007/wink ]  The more locations the better as far as I'm concerned..... I'm hoping to see Devon feature as well, as I live there... I mean the English Riviera and all that is the perfect location!... he could even indulge in a Cream Tea or two  ajb007/lol

Someone wrote:
zaphod99 wrote:

Tell him we need Shirley Bassey to do the theme tune.

Love ms. Bassy,  made the Pilgrimage many times, but no, not right for now in my view,  Bond should be forward facing.