Re: Bond 25 Theme: Artist

MilleniumForce wrote:

Personally, I would like Shirley Bassey to do one final theme, as her QoS theme is the best Bond song since YKMN. Any other ideas?

Agreed. Of all the artists that have done Bond themes, I think Bassey is by far the best; both Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever are iconic themes, and her voice just totally suits it.

For me, as far as Bond themes are concerned, there's no one better than Dame Shirley Bassey, and I'd love for her to be given the opportunity to make her fourth (and quite possibly final) Bond theme.

"Watch the birdie, you bastard!"

Favourite Bond films list

U2 would be my choice.  No more whiny singers please.

DEFIANT 74205 wrote:

For me, as far as Bond themes are concerned, there's no one better than Dame Shirley Bassey, and I'd love for her to be given the opportunity to make her fourth (and quite possibly final) Bond theme.

ajb007/cheers   Totally agree.

welshguy34 wrote:

U2 have always been my first choice, but unfortunately it won't happen now as they're just not seen as relevant anymore. They would have been most likely to do a bond song from, say, 1985-2002.

1 - Lald, 2 - Ltk, 3 - Avtak, 4 - Op, 5 - Dn, 6 - Fyeo, 7 - Tswlm, 8 - Daf, 9 - Sf, 10 - Ohmss, 11 - Yolt, 12 - Ge, 13 - Tld, 14 - Mr, 15 - Gf, 16 - Tb, 17 - Tmwtgg, 18 - Sp, 19 - Tnd, 20 - Dad, 21 - Twine, 22 - Frwl, 23 - Cr, 24 - Qos

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

I really think Florence + The Machine have a stellar chance this time around...they could produce something really special  ajb007/martini

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

I reckon The Veronicas perfect great voices and really good having 2 singers

Anthony

Jarvio wrote:
welshguy34 wrote:

U2 have always been my first choice, but unfortunately it won't happen now as they're just not seen as relevant anymore. They would have been most likely to do a bond song from, say, 1985-2002.

I wish U2 had done the theme song for LTK. Something along the lines of "With or without you" would have been great!

Caro Emerald still gets my vote.  If you're unsure, have a watch of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYNUg5j7tr0

Definitely Bondian

Loeffelholz wrote:

I wouldn't mind U2 being given a shot...their Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, from the largely dreadful "Batman Forever," proves that they're capable...and of course writing the song "GoldenEye."

But I imagine that the theme song and artist are further down the list of Eon's priorities; certainly below issues such as a workable script and agreeing upon a distribution deal.

I'm not a huge fan of U2 -- it's mostly because they're overplayed -- but I always thought "Discotheque" sounded like an audition for a Bond song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV18IRRe50c

It has the hooks and a 90s Bond quality.  David Arnold and Propellerheads both seemed to borrow elements of the beat and baseline for the Tomorrow Never Dies soundtrack, too.

In terms of songs for Bond 25, the Bond producers seem very interested in British pop singers.  Whoever leads the charts in the next year or so will likely be auditioned.

Gassy Man wrote:
Loeffelholz wrote:

I wouldn't mind U2 being given a shot...their Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, from the largely dreadful "Batman Forever," proves that they're capable...and of course writing the song "GoldenEye."

But I imagine that the theme song and artist are further down the list of Eon's priorities; certainly below issues such as a workable script and agreeing upon a distribution deal.

I'm not a huge fan of U2 -- it's mostly because they're overplayed -- but I always thought "Discotheque" sounded like an audition for a Bond song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV18IRRe50c

It has the hooks and a 90s Bond quality.  David Arnold and Propellerheads both seemed to borrow elements of the beat and baseline for the Tomorrow Never Dies soundtrack, too.

In terms of songs for Bond 25, the Bond producers seem very interested in British pop singers.  Whoever leads the charts in the next year or so will likely be auditioned.

I'm a U2 fan...but you're likely (sadly) right in your Brit 'pop artist of the moment' theory...one of many potential failures of imagination I'm currently fearing as Eon nears another crossroads. I rather hope to be wrong.

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Maybe a controversial choice but I think Michael Buble would do a cracking Bond song. Would be a good call back to the 60's ajb007/martini

DC1888 wrote:

Maybe a controversial choice but I think Michael Buble would do a cracking Bond song. Would be a good call back to the 60's ajb007/martini

+ 1  ajb007/cheers

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:
DC1888 wrote:

+ 1  ajb007/cheers

Can imagine him doing a song in the style of FRWL. For some reason in my head I can imagine him doing a theme tune called "Property Of A Lady" with a 60s-esque sound.  Which on a slightly related note would be my choice for a title for Bond 25.

DC1888 wrote:

Well, he wasn't born until 1975 so it would have been a very controversial choice  ajb007/biggrin

He could do a good theme tune now though  ajb007/martini

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

Sir Miles wrote:
DC1888 wrote:

Well, he wasn't born until 1975 so it would have been a very controversial choice  ajb007/biggrin

When I say a 60s song I mean a 60's sounding song not that he was born in the 1960s.

DC1888 wrote:
Sir Miles wrote:
DC1888 wrote:

When I say a 60s song I mean a 60's sounding song not that he was born in the 1960s.

Yes I understood - I was just having a bit of fun - hence the emoji at the end  ajb007/martini

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

My choice for the last Bond song was Paloma Faith and she remains my choice for the next one too. Sophie Ellis-Bextor would be another good choice. She has just in fact released a new album called Familia.

Writer/Director @ The Bondologist Blog (TBB)
On Twitter: @Dragonpol 
'Like' TBB on FB: TBB Update Page
"The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Paloma Faith would be a great choice. ajb007/martini

I'm still gutted Radiohead did not have their song used in SPECTRE, which I think is far-far better than Sam Smith's song [which I don't hate BTW] .... but, I am a huge Radiohead fan, and therefore maybe slightly biased  ajb007/embarrassed  .... I quite like Miss Faith and think she could deliver a great vocal for a Bond theme; but, I do wonder if her international profile is not big enough... not that it should matter, but it might to the producers. I must confess to being out of touch a little with current big names, so am struggling to think of many. London Grammar make some wonderfully atmospheric music, and could work, but they have been very quiet since their first LP.... and maybe too moody.

David Arnold should come back.

"Bond, James Bond"

David Arnold should definitely be back, as for theme song,  I quite like rob dougan at the moment, he is familiar with theme tunes and did a great job on the matrix whole score, his chateau track has many David Arnold style cues in it.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I wouldn't mind hearing Emeli Sandé giving it a crack.

The horn section in her new single "Hurts" has a bit of a Bondian feel to it.

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | LetterBoxd | YouTube

Always fancied Muse for a theme!

Hurts would be a great shout too  ajb007/martini

JG007 wrote:

Always fancied Muse for a theme!

Hurts would be a great shout too  ajb007/martini

+1 for Muse I've mentioned them before.  Supremacy already sounds like a bond song.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I SECOND THAT, with chocolate coating and doused in roasted desiccated coconut.

Paloma would be a brilliant choice, if the song itself was up to it.

Thunderpussy wrote:

Paloma Faith would be a great choice. ajb007/martini

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde