Re: Bond 25 Theme: Artist

Yes, it's more about the writing of the song than what should be the obvious quality of Beyonce as an artist. Personally I could do without an attempt to copy the 60's themes - which is why I'm not keen on Licence to Kill or Goldeneye's themes - or a Quantum of Solace-style shoutfest.

Barbel wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Why?

Because we don't want another Austin Powers "Goldmember" rip off.

Yup that's number one,  number 2 is the possible involvement of her husband and I could just lines with Aston Martin and omega name drops in there. Number 3 is we've been down that road with Alicia Keys.  Number 4 is for me she doesn't have the right vocal qualities. 
I'd prefer Rag n bone man or Lourdes or Muse

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I think she has the voice for it. I don't think Jay Z should be involved,  David Arnold would be a better composer for a Bond theme song.
I'm not sure what you mean by having been down that road with Alicia Keys.  Beyoncé has a different voice from Keys and I can't picture Beyonce singing like Keys did in "Another way to die".

Last edited by Number24 (22nd Jul 2017 13:47)

Number24 wrote:

I think she has the voice for it. I don't think Jay Z should be involved,  David Arnold would be a better composer for a Bond theme song.
I'm not sure what you mean by having been down that road with Alicia Keys.  Beyoncé has a different voice from Keys and I can't picture Beyonce singing like Keys did in "Another way to die".

They share a similar style and both have a tendency to go a bit shouty and within their genre there are far better vocalists,  if we are going down the pop/ r and b diva route I'd rather someone like Emile Sandi or even Lady Gaga did it.

I think Bastille could do an interesting Bond theme. I imagine it could be like a modern day Duran Duran "A View To A Kill," which I think might be pretty cool!

You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us

Barbel wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Why?

You are forgetting the traitor in the room, Madonna.
She'd done The Spy Who Shagged Me and Die Another Day, one being considerably better than the other.

a reasonable rate of return

Dirty Punker wrote:
Barbel wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Why?

You are forgetting the traitor in the room, Madonna.
She'd done The Spy Who Shagged Me and Die Another Day, one being considerably better than the other.

No they were both crap
Like listening to the Beatles without ear muffs

For Bond 25 They should go for a legendary British act.  Dame Shirley, Sir Tom ?  ajb007/martini

Thunderpussy wrote:

For Bond 25 They should go for a legendary British act.  Dame Shirley, Sir Tom ?  ajb007/martini

I'd rather they looked forward and not backwards.Something fresh and 21st century would be my preference.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

In that case, Zaphod99, one of us is bound to end up gravely disappointed.  ajb007/wink

Thought you guys might enjoy this.  I had some cool new plugins to play around with, so we recorded our own Bond 25 song, with the title "Shatterhand."  Just a fun side project, but I think it captures the Craig-era vibe pretty well.  Check it out and let me know if you like it or hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfPG98V … e=youtu.be

monitorblown wrote:

Thought you guys might enjoy this.  I had some cool new plugins to play around with, so we recorded our own Bond 25 song, with the title "Shatterhand."  Just a fun side project, but I think it captures the Craig-era vibe pretty well.  Check it out and let me know if you like it or hate it.

I like it a lot,  great fun  ajb007/martini

Chriscoop wrote:
monitorblown wrote:

I like it a lot,  great fun  ajb007/martini

Thanks so much!

Thunderpussy wrote:

In that case, Zaphod99, one of us is bound to end up gravely disappointed.  ajb007/wink

I don't see why Shirley bassey couldn't do another theme.  After all she did "no good about goodbye"  with David Arnold not that long ago, and that would have been an excellent qos theme,  Arnold even uses qos cues in it.

Before every movie comes out I hope for Shirley Bassey. I'll even take her just doing an end credits song.

For a more realistic choice - Jessie J

Chriscoop wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

I don't see why Shirley bassey couldn't do another theme.  After all she did "no good about goodbye"  with David Arnold not that long ago, and that would have been an excellent qos theme,  Arnold even uses qos cues in it.

I always wished they at least used her song in the end credits.  It fit way better with the score than "Another Way to Die."

Great job Monitor Blown, loved it.

Marketto007 wrote:

Great job Monitor Blown, loved it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Thunderpussy wrote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that it may well be me. Don't get me wrong, love the Miss Bassey, made the Pilgrimage many times...it would certainly not be the end of my world, just not my preference that's all.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

I hate to blow my own trumpet, but I have the voice AND the song, dont believe me?

London Gramma, Florence Welch or Susanne Sundfør would be contenders for me.

Michael Bublé would be the most suitable vocalist for the next JB theme.

monitorblown wrote:

Wow! Consider me impressed. Well done Sir.  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

Yes...considerably...

https://youtu.be/-lI8hlx0hXc

'Standing Tall'

Hope you like it guys.

John

Thunderpussy wrote:

Matt Monro?