New Bond figure collectibles from Big Chief Studios

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/collecting-big-chief-studios-annoucement?id=04149

http://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/

This is good news, their Dr Who figures are legendary. I really hope the sculpts are good and we don't go down the same path as FE. Can't wait

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Absolutely - great news! Just one thing...I'm running out of house room!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    I thought I had the answer to that problem but was soon told that a divorce was out of the question and that if I wanted more space then use the loft ........ I've just returned from the Really Useful Box Company :#
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent
    Wasn't Big Chief part of Factory Entertainment?
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    edited September 2016
    Now that's what I thought, but I thought FE was a subsiduary of BC, will do some digging.........

I think that they may just be licenced distributors of each others products. Can't find any other link between the two. If there were a link then that would open up the whole question of whether FE still have an EON licence for new products or only to clear the old stock.

Hopefully these will be either large size (ala Sidewshow) or 1:18 to match the diecast vehicles, certainly no smaller than 1:18.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Now that's what I thought, but I thought FE was a subsiduary of BC, will do some digging.........

I think that they may just be licenced distributors of each others products. Can't find any other link between the two. If there were a link then that would open up the whole question of whether FE still have an EON licence for new products or only to clear the old stock.

Hopefully these will be either large size (ala Sidewshow) or 1:18 to match the diecast vehicles, certainly no smaller than 1:18.

Wow! ...and oh, no! I'm considering getting rid of the TV so I can put shelves in its place! Googled them and saw that they make traditionally clothed and jointed 12" figures as well as vinyl 9" statues.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Wasn't Big Chief part of Factory Entertainment?

Big Cheif were something to do with Factory Entertainment in the first place, from what I remember BC acquired the licence but that then turned into FE/BC.

I also think that BC took all of the reference, like hands on with the GG and Jaws teeth.
    Proof is in the pudding :D
    IMG_3205_zpslvjf3ltn.jpg
    IMG_3206_zps4k9rkszn.jpg
    IMG_3207_zpsl1tievol.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Pfft, men dolls 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think the below is a leaked shot of the Skyfall edition....

jb_doll.jpg
    Higgins wrote:
    Pfft, men dolls 8-)

We don't want to know what you get up to when you aint trying on trainers :v :p ;%
    The Mantis wrote:

jb_doll.jpg

Was that you on the red carpet for SF Dave :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Pfft, men dolls 8-)

We don't want to know what you get up to when you aint trying on trainers :v :p ;%

Post of the day :)) :)) :))
    YNWA 97
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    In the flesh! Or the yarn....
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

jb_doll.jpg

Was that you on the red carpet for SF Dave :D
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    As 1/6 companies go.. Shame they were the ones who landed the license.. Based out of the UK it makes sense.. But their quality is seriously lacking compared to other major 1/6 brands, yet their prices are higher.. Will assuredly be a better product than Sideshow offered however..
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Their customer service is beyond bad.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    I really hope that Daniel Craig as James Bond action figure is one of the first figures that they offer. I have wanted one for a long time. I was going make a custom version with the head from a Golden Compass Lord Asriel action figure but that plan is currently on the back burner. Looking forward to seeing some pictures soon.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I hate announcements but then long delays till actually seeing or hearing details. I know everyone wants Bond in a suit. But I would like a Connery Bond when he is sneaking around in the beginning of Goldfinger or Thunderball at Largo's home.
    "Better late than never."
  • jbukjbuk Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Well here they are thoughts?
    FB_IMG_1482505994048.jpg

FB_IMG_1482505982223.jpg

FB_IMG_1482505970346.jpg
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    jbuk wrote:
    Well here they are thoughts?
    FB_IMG_1482505994048.jpg

FB_IMG_1482505982223.jpg

FB_IMG_1482505970346.jpg
    Wow! Looks great. I wonder how much they will cost.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Hmm - not completely bowled over if I'm honest...

For one thing Bond looks to have a bit of an 8 o clock shadow going on, hadn't he just had a "close shave" on the flight to Kentucky?

Also isn't the quote on the Oddjob picture wrongly attributed? That was Bond not Goldfinger who said that wasn't it?

Minor grumbling and I'm sure my obsession will mean I pick these up at some point...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Goldfinger's and Oddjob's sculpts are strong and their clothing is lovely. But I usually think of Goldfinger as jovial, above-it-all and confident, rather than scowling.

But these collectibles look sharp!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    I kinda like the scowling Goldfinger... His character was such an obnoxious arrogant ass... Sculpt fits the part.. Like he just lost a round of golf :) Oddjob isn't a huge step forward from the sideshow release.. So will pass on it.. But the suited Connery figure is a must... (Ive been a huge 1/6 collector for close to 20 years.. So these are a given for my movie room :) )
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Hmm - not completely bowled over if I'm honest...

For one thing Bond looks to have a bit of an 8 o clock shadow going on, hadn't he just had a "close shave" on the flight to Kentucky?

Also isn't the quote on the Oddjob picture wrongly attributed? That was Bond not Goldfinger who said that wasn't it?

Have to agree. It's the first commercial take we've seen by anyone on Goldfinger so no comparisons available but the other two are certainly disappointing.

Yes, the quote does belong to Bond but isn't this the sort of sloppiness we've more or less now accepted by toy companies looking at the potential returns on a franchise as opposed to satisfying its fans?

And Connery actually does look a bit ragged in the cell block scene on which the shot is clearly based so ...
    MFisher wrote:
    Oddjob isn't a huge step forward from the sideshow release.. So will pass on it.. But the suited Connery figure is a must... (Ive been a huge 1/6 collector for close to 20 years.. So these are a given for my movie room :) )

Agree. In fact, at first glance, I thought they had just gone ahead and used the SideShow for their prototype!

The Connery might be okay; obviously seeing only the side here. But the fabric is totally wrong; there have been some home-grown examples on eBay which are much, much more accurate.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if they're doing a Daniel Craig and if so when and how much thanks
    Anthony
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if they're doing a Daniel Craig and if so when and how much thanks

The GF figures are all they've announced so far. My guess is they're going to stick with "classic" titles and characters to start.
    Given their release schedule to date, if there were a Craig figure in the works, it would be years out ...
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Fingers crossed that a Daniel Craig action figure is planned for the future. I am still disappointed that Corgi had to cancel that planned action figure line in 2008.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    Fingers crossed that a Daniel Craig action figure is planned for the future. I am still disappointed that Corgi had to cancel that planned action figure line in 2008.
    I think you can still find this one on eBay.
    http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIBBT-9002A
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:

Thank you for posting....Bond, Constipated Bond! It also looks like Auric is also trying to squeeze one out! :o
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Connery looks a bit like he has been botoxed :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!