Bond shopping

chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
Hi Guys , Having a birthday weekend shop in London this weekend. Friday and Sat
Visiting the main ones Npeal , crockett and Jones , TF , sunspel and OB.
Is their ones that are simply a must and people to say hello too including any from the above list.

Considering attending the Peter Lamont night on Friday , is it worth it ? don't recognise the venue.
Any other places to try ?

Cheers
007 reporting for duty

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Happy birthday Chris, it's very fashionable to have a birthday in November, all the best people do you know ( mines the 3rd) many happy returns, why not have lunch at blades?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I agree with Blades. Or Rules. The clothes can be ordered online but the attractions can only be experienced while there, you know?
    I meant Rules 8-) though there is a nice hotel named blades in pimlico though I don't think there is a bond connection.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    I agree on Rules. Also, go check out the Bond In Motion exhibit. Awesome seeing cars/vehicles from all the films.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I meant Rules 8-) though there is a nice hotel named blades in pimlico though I don't think there is a bond connection.

No, you DID mean Blades too! ;)

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/blades-hush-mayfair-london
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Bond in Motion is a no brainer if you hve not been. £15 odd is peanuts to see all the cars, bikes, jetlack etc :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday! I'm in the Capital on the weekend but only a quick visit after attending to some business on Friday.

Rules is a great experience as I found out myself a few months ago, definitely recommended.

What and where is the Peter Lamont event? If it's in London on the Friday night I may be available to go.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Chriscoop wrote:

No, you DID mean Blades too! ;)

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/blades-hush-mayfair-london
    Ah very good, forgot about that -{
    I did mean rules as in sp, as blades re moonraker novel is fictitious... Until now. :D
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    I'm heading to see Peter Lamont on Friday! Never been to that museum but always a first time.

Maybe I'll see some AJB members there...

http://www.cinemamuseum.org.uk/2016/an-evening-with-peter-lamont/
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    If you go to Rules make sure you ask for table #9 I think it was, which was the table M sits at. As soon as you enter you'll see that's its straight at the back.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bond in Motion is a no brainer if you hve not been. £15 odd is peanuts to see all the cars, bikes, jetlack etc :))

+1, 100% agree, cars, watches,few clothes and more, I'm going back for a second time soon
    kadd wrote:
    I'm heading to see Peter Lamont on Friday! Never been to that museum but always a first time.

Maybe I'll see some AJB members there...

http://www.cinemamuseum.org.uk/2016/an-evening-with-peter-lamont/

Thanks Kadd, without looking I think the Cindma Museum is on the South Bank. Yes, if I can get away from my business I might try and check this out, though I got the book at Pinewood a month or so back...
    Just checked, it's not the venue I was thinking of sorry - not on the South Bank! As such not been here either before...
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I was back in the UK in June and spent some time in London - i did the following in no particular order

Shopping (spent far too much!)

[list=*]
    [*]OB
    NPeal
    Sunspel
    TF
    JCrew
    American Apparel
    Levis[/*]
    [/list]

Other

[list=*]
    [*]Bond in Motion (been before but £15 to see the DB10 was worth it)
    Rules for dinner (excellent food and very reasonable prices for London)
    National Gallery for Skyfall Q scene - pictures are not actually in the same positions as shown on SF, but same room
    MI5 building
    Library building used for internal scenes for CNC building
    The real Hildebrand Safehouse location that i identified the location of in this threadhttp://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47358/location-of-the-hildebrand-safe-house/
    Bonds SP flat[/*]
    [/list]

There was more I'm sure, but can't remember including walking around 'The City' on a sunday morning when it is an absolute ghost town, rather like the final drive off scene at the end of SP
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday Chris. Perhaps Dukes for a Vesper?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    I'm actually in central London right now - managed a few stores this evening...will hammer a few more tomorrow -{ :D
    YNWA 97
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys , Having a birthday weekend shop in London this weekend. Friday and Sat
    Visiting the main ones Npeal , crockett and Jones , TF , sunspel and OB.
    Is their ones that are simply a must and people to say hello too including any from the above list.

Considering attending the Peter Lamont night on Friday , is it worth it ? don't recognise the venue.
    Any other places to try ?

Cheers

No one seems to have noted Turnbull & Asser; I've never really found any must-haves there but did pick-up a Brosnan tie just for fun (actually it just caught my eye; wasn't aware of the Bond connection 'til I got to the till).

If you're a Fleming purist there's also Floris; it's a cool looking shop even if you don't actually go in.

Possibly a reach to check-out filming locales and do the shops but there are quite a number. Somerset House (has appeared in several films) hasn't been mentioned yet. The Hildebrand safe house has already been suggested but in terms of multiple locations, it's convenient as it's steps from Universal Exports in TLD (the street terminates at the front door), the final rooftop shot in Skyfall, the aforementioned National Gallery, Trafalgar Square (CR'67), and walking distance to Convent Garden for Rules and Bond in Motion.

I attended the BondStars salute to Lamont. They aren't involved in this even but I suspect a good portion of the content and guests will be the same. As such it should emphatically be worth it. Yes, if you're a serious fan you'll already know most of the stories but still fun to hear them live from the man himself. If you're lucky they'll be offering signed copies of his new book as well.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    I was back in the UK in June and spent some time in London - i did the following in no particular order

Did you mean the Lord Mayor's office? It was used for the circular walkways. I presume anything else was a set.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:

Did you mean the Lord Mayor's office? It was used for the circular walkways. I presume anything else was a set.

Yes, a combination of a brain fart and auto correct gave me 'library' ... go figure!?
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Happy birthday to to those born in November!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    same day as mine :) -{
    have a good one
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Happy birthday Chris, it's very fashionable to have a birthday in November, all the best people do you know ( mines the 3rd) many happy returns, why not have lunch at blades?
    007 reporting for duty
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:

I thank you :)
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    Dryden wrote:
    Commandant wrote:

I thank you :)

It’s the time of the hear again and another birthday rolls around. As it’s the big one the other half and kids pushed the boat out a little (as much as lockdown allowed):

9-E03804-B-1536-40-A8-AC45-598-A7-A752918.jpg

BBCBEB96-B318-484-F-8-CF1-C15-E10-C8-D29-C.jpg

F7-DABDA3-A300-4181-8-F36-3-DF9-FFE5275-B.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    That's a great family you have there Dryden—Happy Birthday {[]
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Happy Birthday Dryden. Hope you enjoyed your day! {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"