76

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Aidan Turner not masculine enough ?

NOT according to my wife !  ajb007/lol

77

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I could see Craig coming back if Nolan is the director; otherwise, not.

78

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I must be missing something that others see in Hiddleston and Turner. Neither of them hold much appeal for me as Bond. I like Hiddleston (Turner I don't know very well) and I'm more than willing to keep an open mind. But personally, I would just prefer Eon surprise us again with someone out of left field. I feel like a Hiddleston Bond would just carry too much "Loki" weight for me.

79

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

canoe2 wrote:

I must be missing something that others see in Hiddleston and Turner. Neither of them hold much appeal for me as Bond. I like Hiddleston (Turner I don't know very well) and I'm more than willing to keep an open mind. But personally, I would just prefer Eon surprise us again with someone out of left field. I feel like a Hiddleston Bond would just carry too much "Loki" weight for me.

The Loki identification doesn't bother me at all. To me, Hiddleston looks significantly different in the Loki make-up and I actually think an injection of the Loki cruel dark humor and sadistic streak into Bond would be a good thing as a counterpoint to Hiddleston's natural charm and polish.

80

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

If Hiddleston gets the part he will be the biggest movie star to get the part.  Moore was a big (perhaps the biggest?) TV star when he got the part. How big was Remington Steele internationally?

81

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Remington Steele was a big hit in the USA, not sure about internationally. IMO, Hiddleston is not a huge star in the US but he still would be considered a star primarily through his supporting role as Loki in the Marvel films. In the Kong film he was definitely the leading man but still part of an ensemble cast. I would still say that Moore was still the biggest star at the time who was cast as Bond due to his high visibility as the Saint on TV and Maverick.

82

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Have you seen King Kong?  If Hiddleston didn't have top billing on the poster I wouldn't be sure who was the lead actor.  It was an ensemble movie IMO. I don't think people in Norway knew who Brosnan was before GE.  We had seen Ms Doubtfire and perhaps the Lawmower Man on video,  but we didn't know his name.

83

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Hiddleston is not a household name here in the States or a name above the title that can carry a film. He does have a recognition factor well beyond what Craig had in the USA prior to the Bond films. My guess is the typical response from the non-hardcore Bond fans if Hiddleston was announced as the next Bond would be "Hiddleston?.....oh the guy who plays Loki; yeah that makes sense for Bond". I do believe that his casting as Bond would get hyped up on the 'net on the Marvel fan sites and other film sites like Cinema Blend, Slash, etc so people would get to know who he is quickly.

84

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

HowardB wrote:

Hiddleston is not a household name here in the States or a name above the title that can carry a film. He does have a recognition factor well beyond what Craig had in the USA prior to the Bond films. My guess is the typical response from the non-hardcore Bond fans if Hiddleston was announced as the next Bond would be "Hiddleston?.....oh the guy who plays Loki; yeah that makes sense for Bond". I do believe that his casting as Bond would get hyped up on the 'net on the Marvel fan sites and other film sites like Cinema Blend, Slash, etc so people would get to know who he is quickly.

I agree that Hiddleston is not a household name, but he does have a fervent following among the comic-con types. I believe his casting would have the potential to bring a new demographic into the fold that Bond films have not captured in the past.

85

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Miles Messervy wrote:

I agree that Hiddleston is not a household name, but he does have a fervent following among the comic-con types. I believe his casting would have the potential to bring a new demographic into the fold that Bond films have not captured in the past.

Good point. I could see Hiddleston appearing at a Comic-Con to show an exclusive first look at Bond 25. Hiddleston would have instant credibility as Bond with that crowd.

86

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

having now seen him in HighRise and The Night Manager, I see there is something sinister and ambiguous in that boyish smile he keeps doing at key moments, and this is of course well suited to Loki the Trickster God
a sinister ambiguous Bond could be a nice new twist after the more brutish Craig interpretation, could make for more complex spy stories

problem is I read some stories about Barbara Brocolli, dated early April, saying she's now decided he's too smug (he does seem smug) and not nearly tough enough ... have there been any updates since then saying she's changed her mind?

87

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

caractacus potts wrote:

having now seen him in HighRise and The Night Manager, I see there is something sinister and ambiguous in that boyish smile he keeps doing at key moments, and this is of course well suited to Loki the Trickster God
a sinister ambiguous Bond could be a nice new twist after the more brutish Craig interpretation, could make for more complex spy stories

problem is I read some stories about Barbara Brocolli, dated early April, saying she's now decided he's too smug (he does seem smug) and not nearly tough enough ... have there been any updates since then saying she's changed her mind?

Those "reports" were nothing more than tabloid trash.

88

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Serious question: I've seen a lot of statements here by seemingly knowledgable sources that Hiddleston was offered the job. If so, what's the hold up announcing the deal? How does it possibly benefit EON to drag this out, especially if preproduction has already begun?

89

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

I won't comment on Hiddleston, because I don't know.  But I have a theory that EON is sick and tired of leaks. I suspect they want to make sure they publishing the information when they want to.  They want to to publish information such as director,  main cast and premiere date at the same time,  so they wait until they know everything.

90

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Cheverian wrote:

Serious question: I've seen a lot of statements here by seemingly knowledgable sources that Hiddleston was offered the job. If so, what's the hold up announcing the deal? How does it possibly benefit EON to drag this out, especially if preproduction has already begun?

Eon need to get a distribution deal in place also...that can take time depending upon what both sides want from it...preproduction isn't dependent on that deal...the longer it takes, the more things can change...

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

91

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Daniel Craig. If he's unavailable, Pierce Brosnan.

"No for me."
"You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
"I never miss..."
"Time to face gravity!"

92

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

BruceMurdock wrote:

Daniel Craig. If he's unavailable, Pierce Brosnan.


ajb007/lol  but hey, have a  ajb007/martini on me because Brosnan still could do it easily  ajb007/bond

Dalton Rulez™

93

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

BondJasonBond006 wrote:

ajb007/lol  but hey, have a  ajb007/martini on me because Brosnan still could do it easily  ajb007/bond

Example, The November Man from 2014. 60 year old Brosnan still kills it in the spy genre!

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh596/JordanMcGregor/November%20Man%20Brosnan%201_zpszs2amzkr.jpg

94

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

and how I love that film!! @JTM

Dalton Rulez™

95

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Aidan Turner

96

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

JTM wrote:
BondJasonBond006 wrote:

ajb007/lol  but hey, have a  ajb007/martini on me because Brosnan still could do it easily  ajb007/bond

Example, The November Man from 2014. 60 year old Brosnan still kills it in the spy genre!

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh596/JordanMcGregor/November%20Man%20Brosnan%201_zpszs2amzkr.jpg

As you can probably guess, I'll third that!... ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

97

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Rupert Friend for B26.

"Bond, James Bond"

98

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

[oooops...wrong thread!]

Last edited by Ferinstal (6th Sep 2017 10:39)

Yes. Considerably.

99

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Did BB met Jamie Bell last year?

"Bond, James Bond"

100

Re: Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

When I became old enough to have an opinion on the matter, I was certainly in Brosnan's corner when I first saw him in Remington Steele. I have to admit, while I like Fassbender or Tom Hardy as possibilities, I'm surprised no one in this thread seems to have suggested these chaps:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/althistory/images/e/ed/Bruce_Wayne_Christian_Bale.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20161124050855
(Christian Bale) He's not Batman begins anymore. Now the right age at 43-44. Only thing for the rest of the cast and crew to work with a difficult actor ajb007/frown

https://storage.googleapis.com/pubzapuscentral/watchprosite/bulgari/8/scaled/bulgari_image.3309108.jpg
(Eric Bana) Voted favourite Star Trek villain in one review of the reboot. That must be good for some degree of menace..

http://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/files/styles/1140x640/public/2017/08/Chiwetel-Ejiofor-in-Salt.jpg?itok=TZKkpP1H
With all of the talk of Idris Elba as a suitable Bond, surprised no mention of Chiwetel Ejifor. Anyone who has seen his performance as 'The Operative' in Serenity might agree. He's even from London. Does it get any better..? I read somewhere he wants to be a Bond villain. I say if so, he should be a most dangerous one, another 00 like Alec Trevelyan.

Last edited by Tranceporter (13th Jan 2018 06:26)

Rule Number 1: "Don't change the deal."
Rule Number 2: "No names", and
Rule Number 3: "Never open the package."