ROYALE Filmwear Quantum Cardigan 2017

SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
Hi Guys,

I know I've left a few people hanging on what the next ROYALE project will be... Frankly, I still wasn't sure if we could do it... but I have always wanted this piece for myself, so I had to give it a shot. After a considerable amount of time, I'm very pleased to share with you the initial sample. I'm still looking at improving a couple of the details, but I have just received these images from my manufacturer, so now I know we're almost there, it's time to show you gentlemen what's in the pipeline.

I never thought I'd be a cardigan man, but ever since I bought a couple of similar style shawl collar cardigans, it has certainly become a winter style I gravitate towards.

This sample is in Merino wool and should be about my size, so once received I'll post some pics of how it wears...

This project is planned to follow the upcoming Haiti jacket... which is running a little behind schedule. I expect the Haiti to be back in early March and the cardigan to be around May.

To express interest in the cardigan and if you are not already on the ROYALE notification list please email subscribe@royalefilmwear.com to automatically join the list and ensure you're emailed as soon as it becomes available.

Pricing.... Early days, but it has come in more than I was hoping, so I won't be able to produce quite as many of these as I was intending too. At this stage with the complexity of assembly in the limited quantity, I expect it will be a hair over $200usd... Probably $219 the same as the pea coat, but I will know more once we finalise production numbers after the Haiti jacket.

We were very fortunate to be able to work directly from the original in this case, so as you would expect it is very close I believe, but a small design compromise has been made here or there, due to the complexity of the original assembly. I absolutely have taken my hat off to my manufacturer on this one, I think he's really brought it to life straight out of the gate...

Really looking forward to your feedback!!!

Edit: This sample doesn't have the ROYALE label yet, which will be a smaller/slim label on the collar seam at the back of the neck.

All the best,

-{

Dan.

FRONT.jpg

BACK.jpg
sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
https://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com
https://www.facebook.com/royalefilmwear
https://instagram.com/royale_filmwear

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Very nice Dan! Glad you were able to pull the project off! I'll definitely be picking one up to add to my Royale collection -{
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Very nice. Well done Dan. Canoe2 will be beside himself when he sees this.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Looks fantastic can't wait to order one
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Very cool to see you nailed the "chainmail" (thats what I call it) pattern that complements the ribbed pattern

Looks easily the best cardigan replica yet!

If you want constructive criticism it is difficult as it looks like the cardigan is a little out of shape from possibly being posted!? The pockets look a little out of shape maybe due to this!

Top job!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Very nice. Well done Dan. Canoe2 will be beside himself when he sees this.

Took the words right out of my mouth. :))
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Dan actually told me about his plans a while ago. And yes, when I first heard about it I flipped out a little. :s :D

Now that I've seen the prototype, I have to say: Dan, you and your team really nailed it!

Believe it or not, I do think a man can have too many black cardigans. For me, 7 is starting to push the limit ;) So before I pick up this one, I'll need to make some room in my closet ...
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I was hoping this was going to be the announcement! I can;t wait to buy one
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    Awesome. I was thinking about buying another TF Shawl, but now I will wait for this. -{

Best,
    Stefan
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Sign me up! Looks great.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Bought so many alternatives...and couldn't find anything close...
    Price is very reasonable !
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    sorry but should the OP have a picture of sample?
    if it does it doesn't show for me?
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    jon_1uk wrote:
    sorry but should the OP have a picture of sample?
    if it does it doesn't show for me?

There are pictures of the sample in the first post.
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    This is great - I definitely want one. Any idea as to when they will be available?
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    This is great - I definitely want one. Any idea as to when they will be available?

Around May according to Dan's post
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Can't wait for this. Thanks Dan!!!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    nice one dan , I'll hang on now too
    your stuff is the bomb ! :007)
    007 reporting for duty
    JTM wrote:

Around May according to Dan's post

Yeah- Should've read it more thoroughly.... Thanks
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Very interested in this piece. I have a John Partridge cardigan which comes as close as it gets, however it is in thick lambswool so I rarely get a chance to wear it because it is too warm in spring/summer and at the same time too bulky to fit under a winter coat.
    As someone who has never had a chance to see the original in real life, how thick is the material going to be? The shawl collar also looks quite narrow compared to pictures of the TF one, is this one of the aforementioned design compromises or something that will be fixed before the final production?

Thanks a lot for your work!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,325MI6 Agent
    Exciting project, Dan! Alterations on this are going to be impossible, so I hope you'll consider an XS for us short fellas.
    edited February 2017
    David Zaritzky needs to do a review- I wear the same size as him so his videos are essential for me!
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    edited February 2017
    David Zaritzky needs to do a review- I wear the same size as him do his videos are essential for me!

Hah, same here. Hope the review comes early ;)
  • SilverFingerSilverFinger Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 280MI6 Agent
    Very interested in this piece. I have a John Partridge cardigan which comes as close as it gets, however it is in thick lambswool so I rarely get a chance to wear it because it is too warm in spring/summer and at the same time too bulky to fit under a winter coat.
    As someone who has never had a chance to see the original in real life, how thick is the material going to be? The shawl collar also looks quite narrow compared to pictures of the TF one, is this one of the aforementioned design compromises or something that will be fixed before the final production?

Thanks a lot for your work!

Thank you everyone for the feedback and wonderful response, I thought this one may be popular...

Thanks Jacob for bringing this up, the width of the shawl collar was one of the first things I noticed. At this stage I can't be sure, if the top button were left undone (aka 'The Bond') it may sit a bit wider but that's one of the things I'll be comparing with the original once I receive the sample. As mentioned I do have the original, so anything that jumps out at me will be addressed and changed (if possible) before production. The wide shawl collar is certainly on my list...

In regards to sizing... it will be impossible to tailor so it's important to get it right as much as possible. I will email David and see if he would like to do a review on this one asap to try and help anyone out who may be on the fence in that regard. We will offer XS - XXL on this one the same as the last few, but usually I determine the final label size of the sample and work out from there. This sample should be about my size so I should have some more pics next week.

I have said May for this one, that is approximate, but although complicated, I have a feeling these won't take too long to produce once I have paid for production and we have the go ahead.

Thank you gents, do keep the feedback coming!!

-{

Dan.
    sales@royalefilmwear.com / subscribe@royalefilmwear.com (To join the notification list and be advised of new releases)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Looking forward to doing the review! And I agree, the earlier the better...
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Dan I have on original TF size 50 if you need any reference measurements. It's the original version not the new McQueen slimmer one.

Not sure what size your original is.
    kadd wrote:
    Dan I have on original TF size 50 if you need any reference measurements. It's the original version not the new McQueen slimmer one.

Not sure what size your original is.
    Thank you Kadd, that's very kind of you. My original is in a larger size, so I requested the sample be made about a size smaller, which should be close to my sizing for pics... David and I have been back and forth on this one and we both think it's best to do a review before it goes up for sale. We both think that's the best way to go, to get most people in the right size without too many sizing issues. Very few people knew this one was on it's way, so although it will be a limited quantity (manufacturing cost) and chances are they will go pretty quickly (I know it will be great :)) ), but anyone on the the ROYALE notification list will still be advised the very moment they become available.

Haiti jacket early(ish) March....

-{

Dan.
  • Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Looking forward to this one and the review! Thanks Daniel for your continued awesome work for the fans!
    And it's good news!!!!

Received the sample today, much faster than expected...

Now... First things first, personally I've lost a bit of weight recently down from 96kg to 89kg(and change) That's important, because I've been an XL in all the recent jackets, but I'm more like my true size atm which is a size large.

The sample was reproduced from the original cardigan, the original used was a XXL in the hallowed TF, consequently it has ended up being about a XXL in ROYALE sizing... And I'd say about two sizes too big for me atm (having lost weight)

Now, that being said, there are a couple of small issues with the sample, the basic design is right on the money, but a couple of small things I will address.

The shawl collar needs to be about 4cm wider... It's the first thing I checked and I can confirm we'll be widening that for production.

Also, the shawl collar weight... Personally, I think it needs to be thicker. Compared to the original it isn't far off but another 50% weight in the single thickness of the shawl collar would bulk it up nicely. (Just trust me on the importance of this one)

The weight in general is very good, but I'll be requesting another 20% which will aide in a tighter weave and a more substantial feel on the whole.

The final issue is button quality, they look a perfect match to the original, but up close they aren't as premium as the TF, I'll be doing my best to upgrade them for production.

On the whole, I'm blown away with what my guys have done... Sometimes I'm not sure how they do these things...

Witchcraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A small tweak here and there, and it's a winner... Here's the pics, bear in mind this sample is probably two sizes too big for me, but I'm sure you'll get the vibe.

All the best gentlemen!!!

-{

Dan.
    front_1.jpg
    Side.jpg
    chair.jpg
    Back.jpg
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    great job again - can't wait - thanks
    And it's good news!!!!

Received the sample today, much faster than expected...

Now... First things first, personally I've lost a bit of weight recently down from 96kg to 89kg(and change) That's important, because I've been an XL in all the recent jackets, but I'm more like my true size atm which is a size large.

The sample was reproduced from the original cardigan, the original used was a XXL in the hallowed TF, consequently it has ended up being about a XXL in ROYALE sizing... And I'd say about two sizes too big for me atm (having lost weight)

Now, that being said, there are a couple of small issues with the sample, the basic design is right on the money, but a couple of small things I will address.

The shawl collar needs to be about 4cm wider... It's the first thing I checked and I can confirm we'll be widening that for production.

Also, the shawl collar weight... Personally, I think it needs to be thicker. Compared to the original it isn't far off but another 50% weight in the single thickness of the shawl collar would bulk it up nicely. (Just trust me on the importance of this one)

The weight in general is very good, but I'll be requesting another 20% which will aide in a tighter weave and a more substantial feel on the whole.

The final issue is button quality, they look a perfect match to the original, but up close they aren't as premium as the TF, I'll be doing my best to upgrade them for production.

On the whole, I'm blown away with what my guys have done... Sometimes I'm not sure how they do these things...

Witchcraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A small tweak here and there, and it's a winner... Here's the pics, bear in mind this sample is probably two sizes too big for me, but I'm sure you'll get the vibe.

All the best gentlemen!!!

-{

Dan.
    front_1.jpg
    Side.jpg
    chair.jpg
    Back.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    love it Dan , looks bang on
    once you've perfected it , it will look even better
    I'm ready to order :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Length looks great! I have seen many replicas that look too long and thus slouchy on the person. When you see Bond wear his it hits just below the waist, not like a sweater dress.... :007)