SD Studios Rarities

Right then people, this thing is listed on eBay. Question is - is it really worth that much? I was once told only 10 of these sets were ever made. It isn't my listing - I'm just curious as to whether that's a realistic value.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182266643776?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This leads me onto another question - the main reason for the topic being posted. I've seen some very, very limited edition SD products on here in the past - the P99, bowler hat, attache case etc - anybody have a "definitive" list of how many of each were actually produced before SD shut up shop?

Comments

• jbholstersjbholsters Posts: 179MI6 Agent
    Damn. That's a lot of coin. Someone put a post on a Facebook group that one of the replica FRWL briefcases sold for 20k recently.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    edited April 2017
    Anything from and including the 2nd Generation Golden Gun is un licensed, including this Matched Duelling set, The P99, The Bowler Hat,The Attache Case,The Broom Handle Mouser,The Throwing Knife on a Plaque. Im not saying that they are worthless, just saying that EON/Danjaq didn't know that SD had produced them and that he had his license withdrawn quite a while before hand.

As to how many were produced? Two P99's, no more than 25 Bowler Hats, but to be honest Ed would be the guy to ask, he is really the expert in this field {[]
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    edited April 2017
    This is Pete's idea of a new weapon from SD, The Broom Handle Mouser :D

IMG_0041_zpsokc0jahq.jpg
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately, Steve and I parted ways shortly after he partnered with Paul Lipshitz and 'Collectible Concepts' so I do not have a number to say this or that many were produced/sold. All I can tell you is that 100 attaché' cases were made and sold and 10 artist prop editions were also made.

I came up with the idea that Steve could make resin copies of my 1934 Beretta, make a suppressor and sell a few. Also suggested his buying the Denix Broomhandle Mausers (unlike the one shown above by Andy) and selling them on a plaque.

I think I also suggested a few of the Desktop series including the 'Radioactive lint' ( I know, shame on me...but he sold a few)( the lint, by the way, came right out of his home dryer so it could contain some of Steve's DNA in case someone wants to clone him someday)

What I would be interested in knowing is...if you have a SD Attache case....what NUMBER do you have. I have collected a few but not all. It would also be interesting to see how many people out there have # 007......-Ed
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    That's frankly an absurd amount of money. You get readily obtain both guns and a much better display for far less.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    What I would be interested in knowing is...if you have a SD Attache case....what NUMBER do you have. I have collected a few but not all. It would also be interesting to see how many people out there have # 007......-Ed

Having sold the one I obtained directly from SDS, I currently own #53.