Love Bond Arts? Love Robert McGinnis?

texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
9c29f9b1e8ec5ba5603f04be6c60a367_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1492987829&auto=format&q=92&s=35de1a3f7ca66b7acdf829885cda2922
Fellow ajb-ers

I need your help to make this a reality - this is truly a great project and a historical one.

Please see here - Sessions with Robert McGinnis
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802974208/sessions-with-robert-McGinnis

In the Sessions film you’ll see almost an hour and a half of virtually uncut footage of McGinnis’ entire painting process filmed over a two day period. You’ll be able to see McGinnis demonstrate his legendary egg tempera and powered paint process in detail. Beginning with his photo session of a model to his creation of the final painting. McGinnis explains the process as he creates the painting to completion.

This blu-ray project of McGinnis Sessions was filmed over the course of two days in the artist’s studio in 1996. Funding for this Kickstarter project will be used to assemble all of the raw video together just as it happened and re-master the original SD video camera footage into a cleaner, sharper video presentation, and pay for additional post production, music and blu-ray mastering costs. We will post weekly updates with photos and video teaser clips and shout outs to our wonderful backers! This project is truly a labor of love as I believe all fans of great illustration art will learn and enjoy seeing this remarkable artist create art! The blu-ray will also include our first film “Robert McGinnis Painting The Last Rose of Summer” re-mastered in HD from our original standard def video of the 1997. Updates will be posted on our Popmedia Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pauljilbert.popmediafilms We were recently interviewed about our previous McGinnis documentary in the April 2017 issue of Vanity Fair magazine which can be found here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/04/robert-mcginnis-movie-posters-illustrations

The blu-ray extras will include an interview with Iron Man 3 director Shane Black that was filmed on the set of Black’s directorial debut movie, Kiss, Kiss Bang Bang. McGinnis created the original poster art for Black’s film as well as original paperback artwork for several prop books read by one of the film’s characters. Extras will also include new 1080 HD interviews to be filmed with Bond documentary producer John Cork discussing McGinnis’ iconic James Bond art from the 1960’s and a couple more surprises!

5f66f36d9f6b67b0bfbd65149037d4af_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1493252306&auto=format&q=92&s=79ec4a4730c6f36f5d28568f396e8dcf

Please support this project - thank you!

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    $200 pledged - I love McGinnis and I seem to be the last backer (5th) who gets the DAF McGinnis print! Wahey! Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention Texas!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
    $200 pledged - I love McGinnis and I seem to be the last backer (5th) who gets the DAF McGinnis print! Wahey! Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention Texas!

Thank you for your help!!!
    -{
    A pleasure! ;)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Fans of McGinnis and gin should go forth and buy Daffy's, he did the artwork, Simon knows the owner of Daffy's and will be able to expand on this and the history behind the art. It's pretty cool.

Aug15-DaffysGin.jpg

daffys-gin-age-gate.jpg

daffys4-1.jpg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Lovely - I sent Simon an email -{
    daffys4-1.jpg
    Yes I saw a bottle of this in Harrods and thought the artwork was unmistakably McGinnis.
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Is the signed/numbered DAF prints limited to the first 5 only? If so, we've missed out and count me out. If it goes to all 24, then count me in.
    Yes it's a bit difficult to follow but I think it's limited to the first 5 backers -it just so happens though that there are 24 limited prints and 24 backers for that $200 pledge so even now I'm confused by this :s
    The number of DAF signed prints has been raised from 5 to 24
    please see update #4
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/802974208/sessions-with-robert-mcginnis/posts/1868938?ref=backer_project_update

thank you
    AuH2Ofan wrote:
    Is the signed/numbered DAF prints limited to the first 5 only? If so, we've missed out and count me out. If it goes to all 24, then count me in.

You are in - please submit your pledge - thank you!!!
    -{
  • AufingerFanAufingerFan USAPosts: 51MI6 Agent
    Then I'm in! Pledge being made momentarily. Thanks, Kan!

John
    texas007 wrote:
    AuH2Ofan wrote:

-{
    Thank you very much John for your support.
    K
    AuH2Ofan wrote:
    Then I'm in! Pledge being made momentarily. Thanks, Kan!

John
    texas007 wrote:
    AuH2Ofan wrote:

-{
    Giving this a little "bump", though not without any purpose. I've e-mailed Paul (Jilbert - who's behind this initiative) and he's doubtful of reaching his goal if he doesn't get half the backing by the end of this week. As such it's crunch time, please pass the word or donate what you can!
    Giving this a little "bump", though not without any purpose. I've e-mailed Paul (Jilbert - who's behind this initiative) and he's doubtful of reaching his goal if he doesn't get half the backing by the end of this week. As such it's crunch time, please pass the word or donate what you can!

Yes please - thank you!
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the news of this Kickstarter and the Daffy's bottle. I'll pick up a few of those bottles and contribute to the project after reading it over.

I haven't checked Bond sites recently but you would think the news of this project would be on front pages. The amount collected seems to be low so far. Or maybe the contribution amounts are set too high for some?

Perhaps people that know the Bond sites or just fans can email about this project. I usually check MI6-HQ, James Bond Lifestyle, and that Bond Illustration blog monthly.
    "Better late than never."
    Not good news ...

Per Paul Jilbert (4 hrs ago)
    Unfortunately The contributions for the McGinnis project are far short and we have passed the fail safe point to making the goal. We would need to be getting at least $1,000 a day in pledges as of May 1st and we have only raised 10% and only 26 days left I've decided to withdraw the project by this Friday May 5th. My plan is to bring it over to Go Fund Me and I will cutting out the original music score budget. and try for a lower amount. Just wanted to thank you all who have pledged. You guys are the best! thanks Paul J

.....hope this project return one more time (the third) and that we make it then ....thank you all -{
    Cheers Kan, saw this coming regrettably. Still, onwards and upwards - Paul can count on my support for the next initiative!