A Bond film in 2010

RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
How would you do it.

Personally, I'd have Craig's Bond in his prime as a 00 agent. Bring back Quantum and Mr. White.
Continue the gritty style of CR and QOS.

Anyone?
-{
1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby

Comments

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    A bit too late don't you think?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    Only about seven years
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    This was a much needed film. Craig's Bond needed to be shown in his prime before Skyfall could happen. Yet somehow I don't think it ever was going to happen. Heroes in their prime is an outdated notion. You can show how a character got to be in their prime, but they can only spend a minute there before they become broken. But real life is like that too. We never get to be where we want to be. We may reach our goals, but when we get there we find out that the goal isn't good enough and there's more we didn't know. Nothing is ever finished, and that realistic idea is why Craig's Bond has never been finished with what he has to do. On the other hand, the writers also have taken this to mean that James Bond can never fully be James Bond, otherwise the character story would be over and hence the films' stories would be over too. Plot-driven stories like most of Fleming's are now considered outdated. Plot now comes second to the character development, and the writers have no idea how to link the two.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    To me, they made the last two films out of order. It should have been CR, QoS, SP, and then SF. After going through so much with the now tired personal issues, SF would have capped it. Then they could have made one or two more Craig films as standalones, with a resuscitated Bond now back on the non-personal missions.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    with a resuscitated Bond now back on the non-personal missions.

F**king finally.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    To me, they made the last two films out of order. It should have been CR, QoS, SP, and then SF. After going through so much with the now tired personal issues, SF would have capped it. Then they could have made one or two more Craig films as standalones, with a resuscitated Bond now back on the non-personal missions.

Never really thought about it but this would've worked very well! The whole Quantum is actually an offshoot of SPECTRE would've been a lot smoother, Mr White would've been a lot fresher in the casual viewer's minds and it also could've completely avoided that forced connection between Silva and SPECTRE/Blofeld that now makes Silva seem less of a brilliant lone wolf criminal mastermind and more just a pawn in Blofeld's hand.
    {[] Bond being so burnt out would have made more sense, too, as the toll of all the personal issues would have made him psychologically unbalanced. But with a different M and a chance to start over, Bond could have back to his familiar self in the final few films.
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    To me, they made the last two films out of order.  It should have been CR, QoS, SP, and then SF.

Totally. That would have made more sense.

When I saw Skyfall I was like, "Wait..he's already burnt out??"

Third time was a charm for both Roger and Sean as they were firing on all cylinders. Not even in their 7th go-round as Bond did they seem burnt out. Yet, Craig was already over it at film #3 hmph
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
    Firemass wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:
    To me, they made the last two films out of order.  It should have been CR, QoS, SP, and then SF.

Totally. That would have made more sense.

When I saw Skyfall I was like, "Wait..he's already burnt out??"

Third time was a charm for both Roger and Sean as they were firing on all cylinders. Not even in their 7th go-round as Bond did they seem burnt out. Yet, Craig was already over it at film #3 hmph
    Though I'm often in a minority on this subject, I think the series started strong with CR and then got weaker -- none of the follow up films, for instance, seemed to capitalize on the strengths of that first one. But the order of the films that followed may have had something to do with it. The various personal crises felt manufactured for the most part and without the natural flow CR offered. It's a shame given the quality of the actors and actresses they now have the scripts meandered.
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    bond_23_risico_by_shokxone_studios.jpg

Basically what I wanted.
    -{
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    If it was up to me, I would have taken a idea from what Warner Brothers did with Christopher Nolan's Batman series, where just prior to The Dark Knight's release in cinemas they released a direct to video animated movie, that lead into the Dark Knight's story. Granted I would make the film around two hours and have the actors from the live action films return to voice their respective characters. With an animated movie, it would save a lot of money versus filming live and cost less as well.