I'd love to have a female Bond counter part in the next movie.

IndyRSIndyRS Posts: 17MI6 Agent
Kinda like Paula in Thunderball.
Bond and her had great chemistry.
So maybe in the first half of the film, Bond, can work along side a female agent. Have great chemistry and witty scenes together. Then she can die or leave or whatever when the Bond Girl shows up, or have her be the Bond Girl.

Vesper was a great character to Bond, but she wasn't a field agent.
Jinx was ehh.

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Like Moneypenny in the SF PTS?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Like Wai Lin in TND?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Jinx too, albeit a very bad one

Edit: Oh I see you mentioned Jinx
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

Yes like that.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,595MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

Yes like that.

She was hardly Bond's counterpart. Simply being another agent doesn't make anyone Bond's counterpart. Paula wasn't either. Like Rosie Carver, Goodnight and Agent Fields, she's a low-level agent without anywhere close to Bond's skills. Camille is the most recent female Bond counterpart, but she's not a Bond girl. Aki, Kissy, Anya Amasova and Holly Goodhead are classic Bond girls who were also Bond's counterpart. Pam Bouvier, Wai Lin and Jinx are others I'd put in the same category.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,672MI6 Agent
    I would like to see Bond work with one of the other 00-agents, perhaps a woman, for parts of a movie.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,104MI6 Agent
    Bond's equal never really does it for me. E.g Wai Lin and Jinx. I prefer Bond to be the only one wearing the trousers. These are not partner movies.

I would like to see another 00 agent make an appearance in the next film but would prefer it to be a man I'm afraid. Call me a sexist mysiogynist dinosaur.. {:)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • IndyRSIndyRS Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Bond's equal never really does it for me. E.g Wai Lin and Jinx. I prefer Bond to be the only one wearing the trousers. These are not partner movies.

I would like to see another 00 agent make an appearance in the next film but would prefer it to be a man I'm afraid. Call me a sexist mysiogynist dinosaur.. {:)

I kept it in mind that Bond doesn't need a partner.
    Would just be nice to see him working along side another agent for a bit of the film. Not heavily focused though.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,881Chief of Staff
    Don't we get the same song with every new Bond film? "She's not just another Bond girl--she's Bond's equal!" Zzzzzz. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I'm really tried of actresses saying "What is new in this movie is that my character is more of Bond's equality." They seem to say it for every movie. Wait Lin, agent XXX and some others might be said to be that, but I prefer The Bond Girls who are complex and interesting, no matter if they can fire a gun or not.
    But what we haven't seen (other than the PTS OF GE) is Bond spending time with an other 00-agent.
    The agent could be female, but he/she shouldn't get too much screentime. It's a James Bond movie not a 00-branch movie.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

Doesn't bother me a bit. Bond is certainly a strong enough character to work along side a female counterpart for a while, as long as it's clear that Bond is the main focus of the film. I think Jinx is too much (as well as being a poorly written and badly acted character), while Wai Lin strikes me as being just right.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I agree with Blackleiter. If introducing a female agent (any agent, actually) is done in the service of a good story, then I'd have no problem with it. Throughout the films Bond has worked, to varying degrees, with many other spies, male and female. When done right it's a good dynamic.
  • Daniel BondDaniel Bond Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    I can already see the next stage of wussyfication of Bond coming in which a woman with supposedly equal abilities will appear just to spread feminist propaganda that women were equal which they are not !
    Wussification? Please explain. How is Craig's Bond less masculine and though than say RM or Brosnan?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,316MI6 Agent
    I can already see the next stage of wussyfication of Bond coming in which a woman with supposedly equal abilities will appear just to spread feminist propaganda that women were equal which they are not !

Well that's certainly a point of view. You gonna be okay?
    Oh, you mean like agent XXX in TSWLM? :v
    Or Wai Lin in TND, or Pam inn LTK?
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    If there was a PTS scene with Bond and another 00 (woman) on a mission to assassinate someone, similar to the beginning of MI-1 would be great.

Best,
    Stefan
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    This has to be a troll... Right :# ???
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Craig definitely needs "The Spy Who Loved Me" treatment, meaning a Bond girl that is working for some agency or intelligence of a foreign country.

Vesper, Camille, Madeleine. It's a travesty SF's main Bond girl is M. Mooooommmmmmyyy!

Overall the weakest ever era Bond girl wise. Even Lazenby beats four Craig films with only one.
    Dalton Rulez™
    I kind of am hoping for the opposite. I feel like much of DC movies have revolved around love, whether it be familial or sexual. I would like the focus to shift from interpersonal relationships and be more action driven.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,595MI6 Agent
    I kind of am hoping for the opposite. I feel like much of DC movies have revolved around love, whether it be familial or sexual. I would like the focus to shift from interpersonal relationships and be more action driven.

QOS was exactly that. There was one brief sexual relationship, but no love and no family. It was all about the action.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Yep. I was the only person who dug it :D
    I would like to see more Bond movies that are mission-centred thrillers.
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    I've been wanting to see Bond team up with another double-oh for a long time. Would be even better if that double-oh were a woman.
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

I regard it as the major misstep of the DC era (with SP hot on its heels) but undeniably it has a strong fanbase here so you are not entirely alone. Each and every entry has its advocates and it's detractors, so nobody is ever in a gang of one here (consensus would be dull)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    zaphod99 wrote:

I regard it as the major misstep of the DC era (with SP hot on its heels) but undeniably it has a strong fanbase here so you are not entirely alone. Each and every entry has its advocates and it's detractors, so nobody is ever in a gang of one here (consensus would be dull)
    I 100% agree. Normally I can only talk about Bond with my Dad and Husband. Both are rather dull to banter with. An excerpt with my Dad:
    Vesper: "So Dad what did you think of CR?"
    Pops Vesper: "It was a two hour card game."
    I think I've mentioned I was in a Norwegian James Bond fan forum for a few months before I joined AJB. The moderator in the Norwegian site thought that everything and everyone involved with Bond is fantastic and beyond critics. Everyone in the forum should think so.

It was unbelievably dull.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I must have a Norwegian relative ........he sounds a very sensible chap. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I think I've mentioned I was in a Norwegian James Bond fan forum for a few months before I joined AJB. The moderator in the Norwegian site thought that everything and everyone involved with Bond is fantastic and beyond critics. Everyone in the forum should think so.

It was unbelievably dull.
    No b*tching about slitting ones rists?
    No whining about Craig being too old and thinking that SPECTRE sucked?

Even if most of you know where I stand, it must've been hell there :v :v.
    a reasonable rate of return
    It was supposed to be "beyond critisism". Darn autocorrect!
    Well, the moderator seemed to feel it would as ok to critizise some things done after 2006, so he may be a Norwegian relative of BJB006.