I'm a little confused......

What is confusing me a little is about the Double - O's, Is it the Double - O Programme or as in previous movies is it The Double - O Section, that has intrigued and confused me since SPECTRE s to which it is?

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure either, but you should change the title so that people will know what they clicking on.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Is and always has been the Double O section, the Spectre writers need to stop smoking whatever it was they were using writing that script.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Yup double o section.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    Cheers chappies, I've always believed it was Double - O Section, calling it The Double - O Programme makes it sound like a College/ University sort of Course for Employees of Universal Exports(Secret Service Agents).
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Again, they were probably trying to (unecessarily) give it a Bourne feel, as in the Blackbriar and Treadstone programmes.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I don't like it being referenced as a "programme" myself, but there is this definition:

Programme - a planned, coordinated group of activities, procedures, etc., often for a specific purpose, or a facility offering such a series of activities: a drug rehabilitation program; a graduate program in linguistics.

I suppose in a broad term when dealing with the overall funtions of SIS, the function of the 00 Section could be referred to as a programme in the sense that is has a specific, planned purpose - selective covert spying operations that may require an assassination. However, it anyone is speaking about the Section itself and not it's purpose I think it should be referred to as the 00 Section.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,937MI6 Agent
    who calls it a "program"? if it's C, maybe that's just to demonstrate how little he knows about what he's trying to shut down
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    Is and always has been the Double O section, the Spectre writers need to stop smoking whatever it was they were using writing that script.

I think they might have been on skunk at the time. It might also explain step-brothergate! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    One other thing, M was always the head of MI6 right? So why has he been demoted to head of the 00-programme in between Skyfall and SPECTRE? Does this mean that Q and Monneypenny only work for the 00's?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,937MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    the Spectre writers need to stop smoking whatever it was they were using writing that script.
    I think they might have been on skunk at the time. It might also explain step-brothergate! :D
    maybe if they were in Vancouver, but this story takes place in Morocco, that's hashish territory ... suggesting another possible "out" to unexplain events in SPECTRE ... Bond after all did spend some time in Morocco prior to discovering the crater HQ then listening to Blofeld's mindgames, maybe he'd been fume-ing un peu de chocalat?
    Peppermill wrote:
    One other thing, M was always the head of MI6 right? So why has he been demoted to head of the 00-programme in between Skyfall and SPECTRE? Does this mean that Q and Moneypenny only work for the 00's?
    I thought there was already some reorganisation going on in the previous film. When we first see Fiennes, he is a threat to M's job. Then at the end of the film he has her job, but a different office. Obviously during the course of the film, he proves he's really on their side, but there was some sort of interdepartmental rivalry going on at the start. Maybe he absorbed some of her staff (Bond, Moneypenny, Q, Tanner) but other groups got reassigned to other managers?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    who calls it a "program"? if it's C, maybe that's just to demonstrate how little he knows about what he's trying to shut down

At the start of the film, M, C and Tanner all refer to the "OO Programme" - but at the end, M is back to referring to it as the "OO Section", once C is dead and he's on Westminster bridge.

So that's either the scriptwriters, the skunk or the c-effect... :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."