126

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Number24 wrote:

An exelent post. Couldn't have seid it better myself  ajb007/bond

Spot on. Not often we get a broad consensus (which is one of the things that keep it interesting) but generally most of us seem  to be on that page. I want him to be truly tested, and to have to 'dig deep' but very much in that context. Oh and some cool stuff, have I mentioned the Velcro blackout from TLD? I think I have...doesn't have to be that, but something similar and unexpected would be nice. Oh and tradecraft, can we have some Tradecraft? ajb007/bond

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

127

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Cheverian wrote:

"we know who he is, just get on with it."


This... and I want Hinx back please: pretty please.


Thank you  ajb007/lol


Edit: And as for Bond v the other 'spy' films... Bond has an atmosphere that none of the others can touch, much as I like them too.  There can certainly be some cross-pollination, but they will never have Bond's charm, charisma, distinct character and atmosphere.... NEVER!...

Still, I can't wait for MI Fallout... it looks great!...

Last edited by MarkOOMark (17th Jul 2018 17:48)

128

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

MarkOOMark wrote:

Edit: And as for Bond v the other 'spy' films... Bond has an atmosphere that none of the others can touch, much as I like them too.  There can certainly be some cross-pollination, but they will never have Bond's charm, charisma, distinct character and atmosphere.... NEVER!...

Still, I can't wait for MI Fallout... it looks great!...

The MI series has had these traits more than any Bond film since Brosnan. When Craig's Bond films moved away from what the Bond films were known for, it gave MI a chance to fill that gap.

129

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Matt S wrote:

The MI series has had these traits more than any Bond film since Brosnan.

What? the 'charm, charisma, distinct character and atmosphere' ?... they are good films, but they all feel a tad cold to me, lacking most of the above.  Bond has, at times, become too silly, but it's central core has always remained intact and that includes the DC era.

130

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

What I would dearly love for 25 is a subtle homage to Sir Rog, something along the lines of DC wearing a modern take on the safarie shirt  ajb007/martini

131

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

superdaddy wrote:

What I would dearly love for 25 is a subtle homage to Sir Rog, something along the lines of DC wearing a modern take on the safarie shirt  ajb007/martini

I would like to see this too, provided Bond leaves Europe and goes to the jungle. Safari jackets have been very trendy again. It was a missed opportunity in Madagascar in Casino Royale to wear a classic safari shirt instead of the hideous print they put him in.

132

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Matt S wrote:
superdaddy wrote:

What I would dearly love for 25 is a subtle homage to Sir Rog, something along the lines of DC wearing a modern take on the safarie shirt  ajb007/martini

I would like to see this too, provided Bond leaves Europe and goes to the jungle. Safari jackets have been very trendy again. It was a missed opportunity in Madagascar in Casino Royale to wear a classic safari shirt instead of the hideous print they put him in.

It truly was hideous.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

133

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Jack Wade would disagree   ajb007/wink

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

134

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Love a good print myself ajb007/lol

135

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Thunderpussy wrote:

Jack Wade would disagree   ajb007/wink

Style advice from Jack Wade. I'll think I'll pass if it's all the same to you.  ajb007/bond

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

136

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

superdaddy wrote:

What I would dearly love for 25 is a subtle homage to Sir Rog, something along the lines of DC wearing a modern take on the safarie shirt  ajb007/martini

Safari shirts have been rehabilitated to some extent and I think this would be a good look for DC. I was slightly disappointed that the iconic LALD look with the Tan holster only appeared in the poster for Spectre.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

137

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

zaphod99 wrote:
superdaddy wrote:

What I would dearly love for 25 is a subtle homage to Sir Rog, something along the lines of DC wearing a modern take on the safarie shirt  ajb007/martini

Safari shirts have been rehabilitated to some extent and I think this would be a good look for DC. I was slightly disappointed that the iconic LALD look with the Tan holster only appeared in the poster for Spectre.

It was in Spectre, but he wears a jacket over it. I don't think it would have been a good idea for Bond to walk around London with an exposed gun. Perhaps they should have used it somewhere else where Bond could have disposed of the jacket.

138

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

MarkOOMark wrote:
Matt S wrote:

The MI series has had these traits more than any Bond film since Brosnan.

What? the 'charm, charisma, distinct character and atmosphere' ?... they are good films, but they all feel a tad cold to me, lacking most of the above.  Bond has, at times, become too silly, but it's central core has always remained intact and that includes the DC era.

And let's not forget the MI films are team films. Cruise's Hunt is the star but the rest of the MI team are with him throughout each adventure. I'm in no rush to have future Bond films where Moneypenny, Q, and whoever else, tag along with Bond. James Bond is a lone operative. He's sent out in the field and uses his skills to complete his mission.  ajb007/smile

139

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

bonded123 wrote:
MarkOOMark wrote:
Matt S wrote:

The MI series has had these traits more than any Bond film since Brosnan.

What? the 'charm, charisma, distinct character and atmosphere' ?... they are good films, but they all feel a tad cold to me, lacking most of the above.  Bond has, at times, become too silly, but it's central core has always remained intact and that includes the DC era.

And let's not forget the MI films are team films. Cruise's Hunt is the star but the rest of the MI team are with him throughout each adventure. I'm in no rush to have future Bond films where Moneypenny, Q, and whoever else, tag along with Bond. James Bond is a lone operative. He's sent out in the field and uses his skills to complete his mission.  ajb007/smile

That would be nice to have again. He hasn't been sent out in the field in a long time, no has he been able to complete his mission (what mission?) on his own.

140

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Shock news!  Apparently  the Hawaiian  shirt is Back as a Fashion
Necessity  ajb007/wink  ( just watching an item on fashion trends for 2018 )

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

141

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Thunderpussy wrote:

Shock news!  Apparently  the Hawaiian  shirt is Back as a Fashion
Necessity  ajb007/wink  ( just watching an item on fashion trends for 2018 )

Bang on trend then as I'm wearing one now whilst in the garden with a significant G&T

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

142

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

superdaddy wrote:

Love a good print myself ajb007/lol

Me to, my point was that it was a bad one and a bad  fit.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

143

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Teamed with a pair of purple hot pants and lemon, suede pixie boots, basically TP's usual Saturday night attire ajb007/lol ( sorry mate  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini )

144

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol
Hey, don't knock it if you haven't tried it  ajb007/tongue

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

145

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

ajb007/lol oh I've tried it ajb007/lol  you are my style guru ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

146

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Putin says weapons in space will become "more acceptable, bit politically and militarilly" in the future.
Trump wants a Space Division in adition to the exiting branches in the military. In October last year the Russians launched a satelite that NASA says is behaving very strangely.
I'm not suggestion Craig should dress up like an astronaut and get the lader gun from Q branch, but space could become the topic of future Bond movie.

147

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

I'm not alone in wanting to see a raid again in a Bond movie, and of course seing Craig in uniform. One of the problems is that we see SWAT/special forces raids in a lot of movies and TV shows and it's getting difficult to tell them apart. One idea is using unusual equipment.
The SAS and other special forces are looking at the  Devtac Ronin Kevlar Level IIIA Tactical Ballistic Helmet. The helmet can stop a bullet from an Kalshninkov rifle, It also includes air-conditioning, sensors to detect other troops and GPS maps, sensors that pick up signals from other helmets to identify the enemy and  infa-red vision. It also looks very different:


http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/e_LjitbhzRQ/maxresdefault.jpg

https://southfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/2-17.jpg?x84725


https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ot-F_IcWe7c/hqdefault.jpg




This gun that can shoot around corners can also be used to make the raid look different:

http://2xkcvt35vyxycuy7x23e0em1a5g.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/corner-gun-431x300.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/da/76/75/da76751984e882b4cedd774fd788503c.jpg

Last edited by Number24 (6th Sep 2018 11:38)

148

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Some thoughts on what I'd like in Bond25

* As others have mentioned, a raid or base attack with Bond at the forefront and with the SAS or SBS alongside him. Eon could wait and use this in Bond26's pre title sequence and have a new actor unmasking scene I suppose.
* Hinx's return - I liked him in Spectre and would welcome him back.
* Blofeld's return and death at the hands of 007.
* a base along the lines of the garden of death, or at least an homage to it.
* Adele or Sia to sing the title song.
* David Arnold to score the film.
* Roger Deakins as cinematographer.
* Helena Bonham Carter to be Irma Bunt.
* no rogue 007
* no betrayals
* Bond to work alongside another 00 agent with genuine friendship and camaraderie between them
* a dove or where's fekesh style mercy-free villain dispatch by Bond
* an Aston with some memorable gadgets.
* a fight aboard a plane.

149

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

- No more of revealing Bond's childhood
- A plot not centered around hacking.
- Turkey, the Alps and Italy has been used enough in Craig's movies. Show us some inventive and unsusal locations!
- Craig's Bond hasn't skied or dived yet - show us!
- Bond in uniform
- Bond Girls not played by French actresses
- Makeit a thriller with a few standout action scenes
- The Garden of Death
- Cast  actors and actresses who are movie stars in their home market, but are unknown to the international cinema audience.
- Don't remake OHMSS with Madeleine instead of Thracy
- David Arnold to write the soundtrack and Lana del Rey sings the title song.

150

Re: Bond 25 wishlist

Number24 wrote:

- No more of revealing Bond's childhood
- A plot not centered around hacking.
- Turkey, the Alps and Italy has been used enough in Craig's movies. Show us some inventive and unsusal locations!
- Craig's Bond hasn't skied or dived yet - show us!
- Bond in uniform
- Bond Girls not played by French actresses
- Makeit a thriller with a few standout action scenes
- The Garden of Death
- Cast  actors and actresses who are movie stars in their home market, but are unknown to the international cinema audience.
- Don't remake OHMSS with Madeleine instead of Thracy
- David Arnold to write the soundtrack and Lana del Rey sings the title song.

I agree on every point  ajb007/cheers

"Blood & Ashes"...AVAILABLE on Amazon.co.uk: Get 'Jaded': Blood & Ashes: The Debut Oscar Jade Thriller
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM