The Foreigner ,Pierce Brosnan

sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
Now we know why Brosnan was looking like a certain Northern Irish politician who was never a terrorist ;)
New movie The Foreigner starring Jackie Chan and directed by Martin Campbell . Based on Stephen Leathers book The Chinaman about a restaurant owner whose daughter is killed in an explosion (based on the Harrods bombing) by the IRA who then using his former military skills goes hunting the killers.
I read the book several years ago and never thought it would be filmed, I can see the Shinners up in outrage as they were at Patriot Games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om9YCk7ufHs

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Looks great -{ I do love how everyone does the same N.Ireland accent in movies.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,709MI6 Agent
    I read that book back in the 90's and I really liked it!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    That looks fantastic! A mixture of movies like Law Abiding Citizen, Taken, Get Carter, Patriot Games and John Wick. Great to see Jackie Chan's still got it -{
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,709MI6 Agent
    In the novel Jackie Chan's character was a former explosives expert in the Vietcong. Is that the case in the movie too?
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Just watched the trailer today, looking forward to seeing the movie. I have followed Jackie Chan's work for years, the Police Story series and Rumble In The Bronx are among my favorites in his filmography. Also I am a big fan of writer Stephen Leather's books. His style is very detail oriented and he writes the characters so well. In fact, his writing reminds me of Ian Fleming work on the James Bond novels, minus the sex. Defiantly going to pick up of a copy of the book to read before I see the movie.