TF 108's would you or wouldn't you

Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
OK I have had a pair of TF108's since QOS. Needless to say the leather on the end of the arms is now wearing thin. I am not sure if you can get TF sunglasses serviced. But looking at the TF Wliiams 207's I have the parts look interchangeable especially the arms which have plastic ends not leather.

So would you update you TF108's with parts from 207's to maintain the look but replace wearing parts? Sure it will impact resale price, though not if you save the parts you can always revert back. But I buy to use and I find I am wearing less and less due to wear at tear concerns on the 108's.

Thoughts?

Cheers :007)
My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Comments

• -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    I would check with TF first before doing any procedure just because the TF108's are so rare and not cheap by any means.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell the 108's, buy the 207's and remove the additional bridge somehow?
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Coming from someone who owns a pair of each, I think you may have some issues replacing parts of the 108's with parts from the 207's as the 207's are generally larger and the arms are slightly different shape and longer than the arms of the 108's. I took a couple comparison pics for you:

207's left and 108's right
    20170716_073246821_i_OS.jpg
    20170716_073507119_i_OS.jpg

You could change out the arms but this might throw off the balance and fit. I'm not too sure how you would go about change the black plastic/leather earpieces, I'd talk to TF as -_Quantum_- suggested.

Hope this helps.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell the 108's, buy the 207's and remove the additional bridge somehow?
    I have the 207's as well and have considered the dremel on the 2nd bar on the nose bridge but reality is it will never look the same.

I was thinking just swap the arms and maybe the lenses so I can always swap them back.

Cheers
    I would check with TF first before doing any procedure just because the TF108's are so rare and not cheap by any means.
    Does TF have a repair service for sun glasses I always saw them as more of a disposable item in their eyes.

I did send them an email some time ago but never received a response hence plan B

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Are the leather arm tips on any other TF sunglasses?

Im guess no and they wont help / have spares
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Coming from someone who owns a pair of each, I think you may have some issues replacing parts of the 108's with parts from the 207's as the 207's are generally larger and the arms are slightly different shape and longer than the arms of the 108's. I took a couple comparison pics for you:

207's left and 108's right
    20170716_073246821_i_OS.jpg
    20170716_073507119_i_OS.jpg

You could change out the arms but this might throw off the balance and fit. I'm not too sure how you would go about change the black plastic/leather earpieces, I'd talk to TF as -_Quantum_- suggested.

Hope this helps.
    I see you have the same issue as me the TF logo on one arm on the 108's has discoloured for some unknown reason. Anyone else suffer the same? Strange thing is it's only on one side

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Bond44,

You would need to call Marcolin, the manufacturers of TF sunglasses, for any repair or parts questions. TF doesn't have any in-house ability to service sunglasses. It's handled by Marcolin. They were very helpful in replacing my TF 108s when the frame broke a number of years ago. You can find their contact info by visiting the Marcolin website.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    DBS wrote:
    Bond44,

You would need to call Marcolin, the manufacturers of TF sunglasses, for any repair or parts questions. TF doesn't have any in-house ability to service sunglasses. It's handled by Marcolin. They were very helpful in replacing my TF 108s when the frame broke a number of years ago. You can find their contact info by visiting the Marcolin website.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Hi Craig

That explains a lot thanks for the heads up I will make contact with them.