Poll: Who should direct Bond25?

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,709MI6 Agent
edited July 2017 in No Time To Die (Bond 25)
Vote from this long list of directors. This is about who you want to direct Bond, not who you think is most likely to. I think most directors who's been mentioned on the forum for Bond25 are listed. If your favourite isn't listed, post about it and express your emotions using emoji's :D

Link: https://vote.pollcode.com/38215831

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,709MI6 Agent
    Nice to see so many votes cast already :007) :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Voted for Campbell as my choice isn't on the list. Alfonso Cuarón.

If Campbell isn't available it's David Yates for me from the list.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Yes, I should have listed Alfonso Cuaron. :#
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Campbell all the way! But I'll settle for Villienueve.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    I think Villenueve is one of the best thriller directors working today.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Denis Villenueve.

Great thriller director. Just worked with Dennis Gassner and Roger Deakins. Let's get 're done, EON!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Interesting results so far, it seems no one wants mendes! I wonder why?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You must be joking.
    I think the results so far are interesting, even though I think many go for the "safe" options. But to be honest I had hoped more would chose less known, more edgy directors. I can recomend movies like "71'", "Free Fire", "Sicario", "Ex Machina" and "12 years a slave" very highly. :007)
    Number24 wrote:
    I think the results so far are interesting, even though I think many go for the "safe" options. But to be honest I had hoped more would chose less known, more edgy directors. I can recomend movies like "71'", "Free Fire", "Sicario", "Ex Machina" and "12 years a slave" very highly. :007)
    I chose Susan Bier :007)
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You must be joking.

I am joking, I can't think of any genuine Bond fan who would want mendes 3
    Mendes has directed two of the most successful Bond movies in history, both among the audience and the critics. Like or dislike his style, but that simple fact should be recognized.
    Number24 wrote:
    Mendes has directed two of the most successful Bond movies in history, both among the audience and the critics. Like or dislike his style, but that simple fact should be recognized.

I do recognise that fact and I enjoy his two bonds but I think there would be justified dissatisfaction among genuine bind fans if not the casual cinema goer if he were named as director for #25
    I suspect he has garnered some votes during today though, what's his count Number 24? Compared to the others?
    I think it's too early to say, really. He's doing well compared to almost all the other directors in the poll, but some would expect him to do better. Since only 25 votes are in, a few more votes can change the result completely.
    Is Campbell still doing well?
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    I chose Susan Bier too. I thought The Night Manager was excellent with scenes that had genuine tension.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
    Bmorelli11 wrote:
    I chose Susan Bier too. I thought The Night Manager was excellent with scenes that had genuine tension.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    {[]
    I try not to discuss the results too much this early, because I don't want to influence the final results.
    Fair enough -{
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    I went for the safest choice available.
    Cartin Mambell.
    a reasonable rate of return
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Is Campbell still doing well?

Well enough it seems!

https://youtu.be/33iuQu3UtjI
    Cartin Mambell.
    Force of havit?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Cartin Mambell.

Is that a new drink? Sounds kinky :))
    Dalton Rulez™
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You must be joking.

Not my cup of Darjeeling either, but many here who would regard themselves as genuine Bond fans rate his entries very highly.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You must be joking.

Not my cup of Darjeeling either, but many here who would regard themselves as genuine Bond fans rate his entries very highly.
    I rate Skyfall very highly but not Spectre, I'm glad he gave us Skyfall but after Spectre I definitely don't want him back.
    I feel the same way about Spectre in relation to Skyfall, but I think Spectre's problems were more the script being rushed into production. If you look at the Sony e-mails, every problem I had with it were being pointed out by BB and Sony execs, but they had to meet a start date. I like how Mendes approaches these movies and, if the script were good, he could make another fine Bond film.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    I feel the same way about Spectre in relation to Skyfall, but I think Spectre's problems were more the script being rushed into production. If you look at the Sony e-mails, every problem I had with it were being pointed out by BB and Sony execs, but they had to meet a start date. I like how Mendes approaches these movies and, if the script were good, he could make another fine Bond film.

I agree with all of this, BUT there are also things about Mendes I haven't enjoyed in either film, such as Newman and some of the color filters used (especially bad in Spectre, but present in Skyfall as well). I'm also ready to be done with Jany Temime, who gave us great casual clothes and nice suitings, but poorly cut suits. These are all tangential aspects of Mendes' direction that I'd like to be rid of.
    With Newman doing another Skyfall score rehash? and a budget of probably 400 million. I rate Mendes two, he has given us a lot to like, but aside the story issues, I have issues with the score ( mendes brings Newman), the bloody filters, underuse of spectacular locations, bloated budget and ageing and altering Dc's bonds trajectory from cr and qos...amongst other things.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    With Newman doing another Skyfall score rehash?
    I understand that since Spectre followed Skyfall musically it makes sense that a lot of themes from Skyfall are reused. But man half of Spectre's score is literally copy and pasted from Skyfall. And it only makes me think of the corresponding scene from Skyfall. Definitely one of the laziest score's I've ever heard.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    With Newman doing another Skyfall score rehash?
    I understand that since Spectre followed Skyfall musically it makes sense that a lot of themes from Skyfall are reused. But man half of Spectre's score is literally copy and pasted from Skyfall. And it only makes me think of the corresponding scene from Skyfall. Definitely one of the laziest score's I've ever heard.
    I agree -{ only bond already had a theme that has been reused since Dr No, only Newman decided to pretty much ignore it.