Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

DB6 wrote:
Tato007 wrote:

I have almost the same measurements as you but they advised me a size L...

Wow, this makes it really hard to pre-order. Think I'll cancel my reservation.......

Just a general rule with linen: Size up. Linen is a nice summer cloth that needs to drape nicely and therefor needs some space. No one wants to wear skintight linen.

Thanks for the latest info on the Connolly jacket sunny01.

I'm seriously considering taking the jump and making a pre-order purpose despite the ridiculous mark up. I emailed Connolly a while back asking to be placed on their waiting list, but never heard anything back.

sunny01 - do you (or anyone else for that matter) have the contact details from the correspondence you received?

I previously emailed popup@connollyengland.com

Cheers

Disappointing hike up but not harping on, it is what it is.
Never really been sold on this jacket and is more of a summer purchase imo, just won't get enough serious wear from it.
Gonna stick with my frugal mango £10 one  ajb007/bond
I'm sure some other brand will benefit, npeal etc and still waiting to confirm the following I believe -

Jamaica
1 grey t shirt
2 navy shorts

Garage outfit
1 white t shirt/henley
2 Navy jeans/chinos
3 boots

Plenty left  ajb007/lol

007 reporting for duty

I spoke to them today, and, instead of doing a generic email blast to all on the list, they are responding to each email individually. Still no sign of a size chart yet, despite my request.

JD_007 wrote:

Thanks for the latest info on the Connolly jacket sunny01.

I'm seriously considering taking the jump and making a pre-order purpose despite the ridiculous mark up. I emailed Connolly a while back asking to be placed on their waiting list, but never heard anything back.

sunny01 - do you (or anyone else for that matter) have the contact details from the correspondence you received?

I previously emailed popup@connollyengland.com

Cheers

Can you swim?

For all those on the Connolly email list remember to check your junk mail folder, that's where I found my email about the pre-order.

I replied asking for more information, specifically VAT deduction for those outside the EU, shipping costs, and a size chart with product dimensions.

I also expressed my surprise at the 40% price increase.

Maybe a collective outcry about the price increase might give them food for thought. They’re clearly exploiting the situation, as someone said all credit to RGT for maintaining their price...

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Smithers500 wrote:

Maybe a collective outcry about the price increase might give them food for thought. They’re clearly exploiting the situation, as someone said all credit to RGT for maintaining their price...

I've asked to be removed from the waiting list because of the price rise. I totally get supply & demand and was expecting a bit of an increase but for me it's way too big a hike - I don't know how much screen time the jacket actually gets, I've never actually seen it or tried it on and I'm not really sure how often I'd wear it. Easy choice for me in the end  ajb007/biggrin

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

Yes agreed, I’ll make do with my Mango alternative I think...

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

I have to laugh at myself sometimes. When the Rogue Territory Jacket was revealed I wasn’t too bothered about it. I then started to warm to it and picked up a denim Supply jacket which is truly wonderful. I thought that would scratch the itch.... but it didn’t.

As I mentioned earlier I then tried on the SA tan Supply jacket and wasn’t crazy about it. Roll forward less than a week and I’ve just picked one up in grey for a great price  ajb007/lol  ajb007/martini

https://i.postimg.cc/zX3R2S0X/B5-A4-A902-775-A-4581-B7-DD-4-B7-DCE142-BFD.jpg

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had full confirmation on the BC shirt worn with the sloop suit yet please?

cs007 wrote:

Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had full confirmation on the BC shirt worn with the sloop suit yet please?

Blair identified as Brunello Cucinelli. See post 1354 in this thread.

Smithers500 wrote:

Yes agreed, I’ll make do with my Mango alternative I think...

yeah the Mango jacket is the point, still available by the way: https://bit.ly/3aiHFYl
if I would tell my friends that I own the £22 mango jacket and want me to buy the £440 connolly I will look into many "dude wtf"-faces 

I don't know how and I don't know why but Chakshu London offers a sale on the PB Joe and Norton LE. (with the voucher-code REFER5 you get £5 off, so you can save £30 total / only £5 more than the "standard"-version
https://www.chakshu.co.uk/collections/b … sunglasses

Last edited by Noi (17th Jan 2020 19:38)

I've just zipped my guy another chasing email to get total confirmation of product codes etc. He said that it was part of their upcoming Spring/Summer collection.

Cheverian wrote:
cs007 wrote:

Blair identified as Brunello Cucinelli. See post 1354 in this thread.

Can you swim?

fleiter wrote:

Sorry to stir the conversation again to the BP sunglasses, but I got a call today from BP NYC regarding my pre-order saying that now all BP Joe pairs will have the 007 engraving on the tip of the temples. The only difference would be the case and packaging!

The lady said that due to licensing all Joe models will have engraving now and no regular version will be made/sold anymore! This is very frustrating as I was really eyeing the unbranded version because the outside engraving felt too much for me, still though I didn't cancel my order but curious to know if anyone got the same info on this?

I don't understand why companies don't listen to their customers?

I know that multiple people from the forum have advised them that the branding is too much and would prefer the Joe's to not have the etching or make the branding more subtle but they instead double down on a bad decision. So instead of taking our advice and offering a special edition Joe minus the branding they double down on said bad decision SMH! I think i will reconsider these glasses over the weekend and possibly cancel my order.

I was considering the Connolly jacket at the regular price and would have been fine with a 10% increase but that price hike is just obscene. Hopefully they reconsider but if they don't i feel a lot of people are going to drop out.

Last edited by MikeG77 (17th Jan 2020 20:26)

And here I was thinking that I was going to rein in the spending. I love that colour...

ichaice wrote:

I have to laugh at myself sometimes. When the Rogue Territory Jacket was revealed I wasn’t too bothered about it. I then started to warm to it and picked up a denim Supply jacket which is truly wonderful. I thought that would scratch the itch.... but it didn’t.

As I mentioned earlier I then tried on the SA tan Supply jacket and wasn’t crazy about it. Roll forward less than a week and I’ve just picked one up in grey for a great price  ajb007/lol  ajb007/martini

Can you swim?

MikeG77 wrote:
fleiter wrote:

Sorry to stir the conversation again to the BP sunglasses, but I got a call today from BP NYC regarding my pre-order saying that now all BP Joe pairs will have the 007 engraving on the tip of the temples. The only difference would be the case and packaging!

The lady said that due to licensing all Joe models will have engraving now and no regular version will be made/sold anymore! This is very frustrating as I was really eyeing the unbranded version because the outside engraving felt too much for me, still though I didn't cancel my order but curious to know if anyone got the same info on this?

I know that multiple people from the forum have advised them that the branding is too much and would prefer the Joe's to not have the etching or make the branding more subtle but they instead double down on a bad decision. So instead of taking our advice and offering a special edition Joe minus the branding they double down on said bad decision SMH!

It's possibly in their contract with EON, and they may not be able to change it at this point.

Matt S wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
fleiter wrote:

I know that multiple people from the forum have advised them that the branding is too much and would prefer the Joe's to not have the etching or make the branding more subtle but they instead double down on a bad decision. So instead of taking our advice and offering a special edition Joe minus the branding they double down on said bad decision SMH!

It's possibly in their contract with EON, and they may not be able to change it at this point.

I imagine the contract was setup prior to the pre-orders and if that's the case why even offer the regular version?

MikeG77 wrote:
Matt S wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:

I imagine the contract was setup prior to the pre-orders and if that's the case why even offer the regular version?

Well I don`t think so. When I ordered mine in the beginning of July 2019 and asked if they stayed the same as the Joe that were discontinued, I received that answer: „ The glasses will remind exactly the same . No change.“

I was really on the fence about hanging on for the LTD Edition BP sunglasses.   

Kind of glad now I was impatient like a little kid and grabbed them

Last edited by welshboy78 (17th Jan 2020 21:00)

Instagram - bondclothes007

ichaice wrote:

Nice, I thought about going with the blanket lined version as it would be more versatile especially living in a place where there are several months of true winter, has anyone gone that route and what did you think?
KH

SevenD wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
Matt S wrote:

Well I don`t think so. When I ordered mine in the beginning of July 2019 and asked if they stayed the same as the Joe that were discontinued, I received that answer: „ The glasses will remind exactly the same . No change.“

Well i guess they changed their mind or like Matt said it was something about the contract with EON?

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

And here I was thinking that I was going to rein in the spending. I love that colour...

Addictive aren’t they? I’d never heard of RGT a month ago and now I’ve got 2 Supply Jackets  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

ichaice wrote:
Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Addictive aren’t they? I’d never heard of RGT a month ago and now I’ve got 2 Supply Jackets  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

Looks great in grey!

Instagram - bondclothes007

Awesome thanks Meesta  Bawnd, hasn’t come back to you get? Did he say roughly when that season is released please?

ichaice wrote:

The tan will follow I’m sure. Looks good

Murder | Employment.