4,226

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Hey guys, anybody in the usa atm - like literally right now  , that i can ask a favor to secure a purchase - ill paypal you guys the funds -
Long story short my paypal address is indonesia and most usa online stores dont send to indonesia, i have a usa address of my cousin , but still the shipping address and billing address cannot be different if using paypal. If i use credit card the exchange rate is too high, and again my cc address is also indonesian based.

Yes i did ride the CAT

4,227

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

In regard to the RGT jacket, Im a size large in most things. I tried both large and extra large on in the store and found the extra large to be the most comfortable. I later bought the size large as well.  Here's what I find. The Large fits much better but because of the high arm holes and rigidity of the canvas, it was uncomfortable for the first week. Don't even think about layering something underneath.
But here's the good news. It stretches. After the first week, the armholes got a lot more comfortable and the jacket is a whole lot softer.
The color also darkens a bit if you wear it a lot in the sun. So now, its my go to jacket.  As for the extra large that I bought originally,
I took that one to the tailor's and had them take in the side seams. Now, that one fits well also and I use that one when I want to layer eg: wear a button shirt and sweater under it.  Long story short (too late!) get your regular size and wear it ALOT. Go ahead and size up if you are considering layering it or want it slightly longer, just have it tailored to fit a little more tightly.  Great jacket either way you go!

4,228

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Got a nice surprise this morning - Connolly jacket delivered! Size S.

Very lightweight and not as billowing as it seems in some pictures. I'll need to get 1 - 1.5 inches off the sleeve lengths, but that is not uncommon for me with jackets and blazers.

Nice piece and would be great in warmer weather.

Will post some pics later for those who may wish to have some reference.

4,229

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

As promised.

Pictured with the R&B henley and MA Winch trousers (which I still need to get taken up and tapered slightly).

This is a size S, which is the size I usually take (37-38" chest). As mentioned previously, I just need to get a little off the sleeve lengths to sharpen it up a bit more.

The buttons on the jacket are black and branded with "Connolly". They look a little  different to the previous pictures I'd seen of the jacket, but it could be due to reflected lighting.

https://i.postimg.cc/HVDRCKHg/IMG-0232.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/t7VwwbKk/IMG-0183.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qtbWVvBb/IMG-0195.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xJXh0Vc0/IMG-0238.jpg

Last edited by JD_007 (23rd Mar 2020 13:08)

4,230

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Looks very nice there!

Instagram - bondclothes007

4,231

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Thank you JD_007!

4,232

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

https://i.postimg.cc/m1D6pPH2/NTTD-Matera-Jacket.jpg

Tomorrow I will be posting my review video on Youtube....medium jacket in picture

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

4,233

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

what is the weight of the jacket?  what temps would you feel like it would be the right jacket?
KH

4,234

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

thank you for the pictures, looks good! can you confirm the measurements connolly has given us?

4,235

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

JD_007 wrote:

As promised.

Pictured with the R&B henley and MA Winch trousers (which I still need to get taken up and tapered slightly).

This is a size S, which is the size I usually take (37-38" chest). As mentioned previously, I just need to get a little off the sleeve lengths to sharpen it up a bit more.

The buttons on the jacket are black and branded with "Connolly". They look a little  different to the previous pictures I'd seen of the jacket, but it could be due to reflected lighting.

https://i.postimg.cc/HVDRCKHg/IMG-0232.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/t7VwwbKk/IMG-0183.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qtbWVvBb/IMG-0195.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xJXh0Vc0/IMG-0238.jpg


For me, sleeves length looks good and the MA trouser doesn't need to be tapered on you !!! Just my opinion  ajb007/bond

And yes, buttons were different (and prettier to my taste) before...


https://i.postimg.cc/N5yfCXMW/connolly-giubbino-jacket-768x1152.jpg

Last edited by Fred007 (23rd Mar 2020 14:55)

4,236

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

The Bond Experience wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/m1D6pPH2/NTTD-Matera-Jacket.jpg

Tomorrow I will be posting my review video on Youtube....medium jacket in picture


You make me afraid David : I usually take a size larger than you (usually !!!) and here, I ordered a "M"..... ajb007/amazed

4,237

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

bosoxfan wrote:

what is the weight of the jacket?  what temps would you feel like it would be the right jacket?
KH

Living in Glasgow, anything above 10 Celsius is considered a scorcher!  ajb007/lol  But I'd say somewhere between 18 and 25 Celsius would feel comfortable. The linen is very nice and I'd imagine would be very breathable.

Noi wrote:

thank you for the pictures, looks good! can you confirm the measurements Connolly has given us?

Sure.

The back length mentioned by Connolly seems spot on (63cm/24.8"). If you add the height of the collar onto it - its 66.5cm/26.1".

The sleeves were a little shorter. I've measured 62.5cm/24.6" instead of to the 64cm previously given. Although from the picture below you can see that the sleeve length arches a little, so this will probably account for discrepancies. I measured it straight down rather than along the outside edge of the sleeve.

Chest (under arm pit seam to seam) was 54.5cm/21.5". Connolly mentioned 57cm but they might have recorded it from the very edge of the fabric depending on how you lay the jacket flat. The material fans out a little under the arms which can make measuring this area a little tricky.

https://i.postimg.cc/kVPpNfF7/Image-2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/752RTpzB/Image-3.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/6ySSq982/Img1.jpg

Apologies for the phone quality pictures. They don't really do the jacket full justice.

Last edited by JD_007 (23rd Mar 2020 16:07)

4,238

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Fred007 wrote:
JD_007 wrote:

As promised.

Pictured with the R&B henley and MA Winch trousers (which I still need to get taken up and tapered slightly).

This is a size S, which is the size I usually take (37-38" chest). As mentioned previously, I just need to get a little off the sleeve lengths to sharpen it up a bit more.

The buttons on the jacket are black and branded with "Connolly". They look a little  different to the previous pictures I'd seen of the jacket, but it could be due to reflected lighting.

https://i.postimg.cc/HVDRCKHg/IMG-0232.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/t7VwwbKk/IMG-0183.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qtbWVvBb/IMG-0195.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xJXh0Vc0/IMG-0238.jpg


For me, sleeves length looks good and the MA trouser doesn't need to be tapered on you !!! Just my opinion  ajb007/bond

And yes, buttons were different (and prettier to my taste) before...


https://i.postimg.cc/N5yfCXMW/connolly-giubbino-jacket-768x1152.jpg

I'm expecting my jacket shortly but disappointed to read and see the change in buttons. For me, black branded buttons cheapen the jacket. The original look like they had MOP contrast buttons as opposed to black!

4,239

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Peakey wrote:
Fred007 wrote:
JD_007 wrote:

As promised.

Pictured with the R&B henley and MA Winch trousers (which I still need to get taken up and tapered slightly).

This is a size S, which is the size I usually take (37-38" chest). As mentioned previously, I just need to get a little off the sleeve lengths to sharpen it up a bit more.

The buttons on the jacket are black and branded with "Connolly". They look a little  different to the previous pictures I'd seen of the jacket, but it could be due to reflected lighting.

https://i.postimg.cc/HVDRCKHg/IMG-0232.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/t7VwwbKk/IMG-0183.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qtbWVvBb/IMG-0195.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xJXh0Vc0/IMG-0238.jpg


For me, sleeves length looks good and the MA trouser doesn't need to be tapered on you !!! Just my opinion  ajb007/bond

And yes, buttons were different (and prettier to my taste) before...


https://i.postimg.cc/N5yfCXMW/connolly-giubbino-jacket-768x1152.jpg

I'm expecting my jacket shortly but disappointed to read and see the change in buttons. For me, black branded buttons cheapen the jacket. The original look like they had MOP contrast buttons as opposed to black!

Very unfortunate to hear that Connolly changed the buttons as I'd prefer the jacket to be screen accurate! Maybe it will be possible to get the correct buttons from Connolly flor a small fee.

4,240

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Hopefully.  What a pain.......

Instagram - bondclothes007

4,241

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

thanks for the measurements, the buttons before got a more summer-feeling-look if you know what I mean, the dark/black ones reminds me of fall/winter-season, the pattern of the buttons matches better with the structure of the jacket (see pic) and like the the MA Duster it looks better when opened, more young, more sportive in my eyes. great jacket, won't regret it.

https://i.postimg.cc/Hjmzh6ny/fully-fashioned-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited by Noi (23rd Mar 2020 21:11)

4,242

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

MikeG77 wrote:
Peakey wrote:
Fred007 wrote:

For me, sleeves length looks good and the MA trouser doesn't need to be tapered on you !!! Just my opinion  ajb007/bond

And yes, buttons were different (and prettier to my taste) before...


https://i.postimg.cc/N5yfCXMW/connolly-giubbino-jacket-768x1152.jpg

I'm expecting my jacket shortly but disappointed to read and see the change in buttons. For me, black branded buttons cheapen the jacket. The original look like they had MOP contrast buttons as opposed to black!

Very unfortunate to hear that Connolly changed the buttons as I'd prefer the jacket to be screen accurate! Maybe it will be possible to get the correct buttons from Connolly flor a small fee.

Paid £460 for the jacket they should have the correct buttons on in the first place!

4,243

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Peakey wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
Peakey wrote:

I'm expecting my jacket shortly but disappointed to read and see the change in buttons. For me, black branded buttons cheapen the jacket. The original look like they had MOP contrast buttons as opposed to black!

Very unfortunate to hear that Connolly changed the buttons as I'd prefer the jacket to be screen accurate! Maybe it will be possible to get the correct buttons from Connolly flor a small fee.

Paid £460 for the jacket they should have the correct buttons on in the first place!

I definitely agree and I'll be emailing Connolly tonight after work to get some answers!

4,244

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I just received a message from Connolly about the buttons;

'I just got a reply from the production team regarding the buttons. It is the same size and the latest batch of buttons is a fraction darker ( they are natural vero corno and the tone can vary between buttons)'.

4,245

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

I got the same reply from Connolly. The attached pictures showed buttons that are not black. If my buttons match those in the attached picstures I'll be happy.

https://i.postimg.cc/0zRTqvY6/JB-Giubbino-IMG-0641.png

https://i.postimg.cc/hX15Wd4w/JB-Giubbino-IMG-0642.png

4,246

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Westward_Drift wrote:

I got the same reply from Connolly. The attached pictures showed buttons that are not black. If my buttons match those in the attached picstures I'll be happy.

https://i.postimg.cc/0zRTqvY6/JB-Giubbino-IMG-0641.png

https://i.postimg.cc/hX15Wd4w/JB-Giubbino-IMG-0642.png

How can you go from dull flecked horn buttons to black ones? I'm not convinced by their response. I think the production just thought horn buttons are horn, regardless of the colour difference and were not worried about SA for NTTD.

These look closer to the buttons used - https://www.google.com/search?source=hp … o4yGd5tjM:

Last edited by Peakey (23rd Mar 2020 23:36)

4,247

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Peakey wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

I got the same reply from Connolly. The attached pictures showed buttons that are not black. If my buttons match those in the attached picstures I'll be happy.

https://i.postimg.cc/0zRTqvY6/JB-Giubbino-IMG-0641.png

https://i.postimg.cc/hX15Wd4w/JB-Giubbino-IMG-0642.png

How can you go from dull flecked horn buttons to black ones? I'm not convinced by their response. I think the production just thought horn buttons are horn, regardless of the colour difference and were not worried about SA for NTTD.

These look closer to the buttons used - https://www.google.com/search?source=hp … o4yGd5tjM:

I agree with Steve's sentiment in that if the buttons are the same as the pictures I've received then there is nothing to worry about but if not......God help Connolly because they're going to get an ear full!

Last edited by MikeG77 (24th Mar 2020 01:03)

4,248

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

For US buyers, what was the total cost for the Connolly jacket ? (shipping and customs fees included )

4,249

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Double0zero wrote:

For US buyers, what was the total cost for the Connolly jacket ? (shipping and customs fees included )

GBP 423.33.

It's under $800 so it should be exempt from customs fees.

4,250

Re: No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Double0zero wrote:

For US buyers, what was the total cost for the Connolly jacket ? (shipping and customs fees included )

The total i paid was $543.30 which included shipping and handling but no customs charges since the item is under $800.00