The Future of Bond

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
Hello all! {[]

In the interest of organizing discussions, a couple of threads are being consolidated in the 'Bond 25' thread...and we're opening this one, here in the 'Films' forum, to discuss and speculate on Cinematic Bond in the post-Daniel Craig Era...whenever it comes.

Carry on...and welcome! Cheers -{
Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,764MI6 Agent
    Good idea! Well first of all I think and hope the Scooby Gang will continue.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Number24 wrote:

Quite agree. After Craig departs, it should be more of a 'soft reboot,' IMHO, as with the transition from AVTAK to TLD - an obviously different (and younger) Bond, with the intact supporting cast. Granted, it was good to put Lois Maxwell out to pasture with Sir Rog...but the current Moneypenny ought to have many more pictures in her, as should everyone else. No need to reinvent the wheel again...not even if Eon sells, honestly, unless the new owner(s) decide to get radical with remakes, period pictures, etc. My opinion, anyway.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:

A new broom sweeps clean...
    YNWA 97
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    When the new era hits in 2027 I think Whishaw should be kept, Desmond being Q so long makes way to that. And Whishaw has the talent and charisma to be Q for decades.

Fiennes and Harris though, as much as I love Harris, should be replaced after 15 years.

Yes, I'm serious, I am certain Bond 26 will not be the start of a new era. In 2022 BB will have her 60th Birthday with Craig.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Making assumptions isn't going to help. -{
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

A new broom sweeps clean...

Certainly might. Once a property (any property) changes hands...what's done with it is the owner's prerogative.
    I would love to see an animated film based on HAMMERHEAD. The Dynamite universe is the better current era for me and the books are fantastic. Great talent there.

If EON sells Bond, animated films could be made, possibly even a TV period movie or mini-series. I want that. It would expand and enrich the franchise.

HAMMERHEAD and get Pierce Brosnan to voice Bond.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I agree with this too, Fiennes will only get better as M the older he gets, and there's something almost comforting in the tradition of M transcending the change of Bond. Moneypenny and Q I think the same applies, Even Jeff Wright back as Felix where appropriate.
    I'm not really a fan of the expanding Bond universe, maybe it's an age thing and something for the younger Bond fans.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I would also like to see more of the side of Bond where he enjoys himself. I miss seeing him order fine wine and enjoy fien dining, have a fling with a woman where he isn't doing it "for England".
    Maybe he could join M at Rules for dinner, one thing I do miss and enjoyed was the interplay between bond and M, connery and Moore had some great scenes, my favourite is lald in bonds flat.
    That is my favourite Bond / M / MP scene of the whole series. LALD in Bond's flat.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Bernard Lee had one of the most expressionate faces, his looks toward bond at times was priceless
    I would also like to see more of the military side of Bond. We haven't seen that at all in Craig's Bond other than a short comment about SAS in CR. Other than Lazenby all the other actors had some military scene and I miss that. I also miss raids. We haven't seen that since TLD.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent
    I thought I read in another thread recently Fiennes only had a deal for three films?
    meaning he'd be finishing the same time as Craig
    that's the risk of casting bigger stars in recurring parts, especially when the role get expanded to costar status
    I wonder if Craig simply isn't believable as a Commander with the Navy. Maybe we will not get to see it because of that.
    Same for Craig on Ski.

My wish is that the next actor will be suitable for the role of James Bond like Craig's five predecessors were.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    My wish is that the next actor will be suitable for the role of James Bond like Craig's five predecessors were.
    I count four.
    Three on a bad day.
    Craig is good.
    Lazenby (and sometimes Pierce) were not.

I think that he could be believable.
    The man's unpredictable; who knew he could pull off some of the best lines in SPECTRE?
    a reasonable rate of return
    I count four.
    Three on a bad day.

1 Connery
    2 Lazenby
    3 Moore
    4 Dalton
    5 Brosnan

They all had the looks, the charisma, the charm, the suaveness, the height, the hair, the on-screen chemistry with the ladies....
    Dalton Rulez™
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    And also a few were about as tough as Austin Powers in certain films :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I wonder if Craig simply isn't believable as a Commander with the Navy. Maybe we will not get to see it because of that.
    Same for Craig on Ski.

DC could easily pull off a naval Commander, have you seen sword of honour? Why could he not pull it off?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    But would the naval commander want to be pulled off ?
    Although we've all heard stories about sailors ;)
    Given how much money the Craig Bonds have
    Generated, I'd say Bond's future is secure. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Same for Craig on Ski.

DC could easily pull off a naval Commander, have you seen sword of honour? Why could he not pull it off?

I can't think of any reason why Craig couldn't play an officer in the navy.
    But would the naval commander want to be pulled off ?
    Although we've all heard stories about sailors ;)
    Given how much money the Craig Bonds have
    Generated, I'd say Bond's future is secure. -{
    Do you know, as soon as posted that I instantly thought you'd be on the end it quickly :))
    Thinking back my company Commander in the army had the same build and looked a bit like Daniel Craig.

But BJB006 is right about skiing. I think I read somewhere that Bond was planned to ski in SPECTRE, but Craig didn't want to :#
    Was that not to do with his knee? I'm pretty sure they could have got round dc not skiing if the story needed it.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Thinking back my company Commander in the army had the same build and looked a bit like Daniel Craig.

But BJB006 is right about skiing. I think I read somewhere that Bond was planned to ski in SPECTRE, but Craig didn't want to :#
    I believe that, he certainly had the perfect attire for it in Austria.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I've noticed that quite a few people who've had little or no direct contact with the forces still seem to think that all officers (and RAF flying-types) still have plummy-accented public school types. That was often the case 40-50 years ago, but certainly not any more. There's no reason why DC couldn't be completely believable as a uniformed RN commander today.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    With DC back, strong rumours of Jeffrey Wright's return (he also sent out that mysterious tweet some months ago), I believe the future's so bright you gotta wear shades. Likely Tom Ford or Persol!
    We definitely need to see Bond in uniform again B-)
    We have seen Craig's Bond swimming and diving, but it would be nice to see him SCUBA diving.
  • ml94ml94 FinlandPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    Bond 7 is born in early 80's but i think some few names will pop up in next 5-6 years, Cavill was 22 last time.
    "Bond, James Bond"