Propstore Auction Catalogue

Good News: Hard copy catalogue now available

Bad News: FFS it's £40 PLUS £14 shipping. I'll say that again.... £54 F***ING QUID. THERE IS NO CHEAPER SHIPPING OPTION THAN £14, YOU ROBBING BUNCH OF .......... X-( X-( X-( X-(

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Are they being delivered by a winged goddess?
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    This is just pure exploitation, the only saving grace is that the catalogue will be the only thing in the auction I can afford ......... just :#

And it's only coming 25 miles!
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    So never being one to shun his social responsibilities I am now sitting down to a large portion of humble pie.

Previous Propstore catalogues have been about 3/8" thick and of good quality, but not worth £40. This morning FedEx knocked at my door with a huge package. OK I thought, what have I ordered to warrant a package of this immensity? Only one way to find out so out came the trusty knife and I began to remove the outer packing, soon the interior exploded in foam peanuts and delving within I found an inner package. A swift dissection soon revealed, wrapped in polythene, the catalogue for the upcoming auction. This thing is immense and easily the biggest auction catalogue (from ANY auction house). It is a collectible in it's own right.

So humble pie duly eaten, is it worth £40 ........ yes Does it need £15 Fedex packaging and delivery ....... yes

Apologies to the Propstore for earlier rants ...... withdrawn :#
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    looks like now I have to order one :))
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    texas007 wrote:
    looks like now I have to order one :))

You can just look at it online. In fact, I recommend looking at it online: The printed catalog includes just one (or at most, two) image for each listing; online you get up to a dozen angles shown.