Prayer for Florida

(This thread is not intended to stir up any kind of controversy, nor do I want to offend anyone. I wish to be respectful to all and everyone's personal beliefs)

I was praying for Florida all day yesterday, and as of now it looks like the brunt of the storm may miss Miami altogther. It's still headed north west though.

This is my personal belief...I believe in love. I believe that prayer is powerful. I believe that God is love and that He does not wish for a storm like this to hurt or kill anyone. There is a verse in the bible that says "God does not take delight in the death of any man."
I believe in prayer and that displays of love move Him.
If you agree with me, then pray with me. Even a simple prayer of asking God to diminish this storm and bring it to nothing. There's enough hate out there already, and I have no interest in spreading any more of it. Two are better than one. So please join me and pray today.

May God deliver Florida.

Comments

• RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    Amen {[]
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    And don't forget the St. Martin, Cuba and the other islands also hit by the hurricane. Amen.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Amen to your prayer.

I too believe in the power of prayer. Thank you for your devotion in prayer. We complain about our weather here in the UK but these adverse weather events really humble one and make us think of the plight of others much less fortunate than ourselves when it comes to he weather.

I pray that the hurricanes will be over swiftly with the absolute minimum of damage to life, property and communications. Amen. :x
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Yes we must say a prayer to our own god ,for the safety of Florida,and also the islanders of the Caribbean ,We must not forget our friend in Gainesville ,Bond collectors weekend and hope he and his family and friends are safe
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • I've literally watched hurricane Irma go from a category 5 down to a category 4 to a 3 to a 2 and now down to a 1,
    defying what the meteorologists predicted. I was watching live coverage when a news anchor asked a reporter who was
    there, "So what's it like expecting the storm of the century only to find out when it hits, it's nothing?"

Shout out and thanks to all who prayed! :x {[]