If James Bond used a phone case what would it be....

So I just got a new iphone 7 and am shopping around for a case. This got me thinking if James Bond had a phone case what would he use. It would have to be rouged enough to withstand a beating but elegant enough to go with a tux. Lets me what you come up with.

Comments

• Spectre0072015Spectre0072015 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    I have an iPhone 7 and have the Mophie Juice pack, its a very strong case with a great feel, its also a battery backup and chargers your phone wirelessly, great for a secret agent!
    Screen_Shot_2017-09-22_at_15.54.27.png

Screen_Shot_2017-09-22_at_15.54.42.png
    Or as an alternative...
    Screen_Shot_2017-09-22_at_16.03.36.png
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Or as an alternative...
    Screen_Shot_2017-09-22_at_16.03.36.png

That one is fun! Though you'd probably have to take it apart for airport security!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Bond would never use an iPhone as they're not secure enough. However, if we stretch credulity far enough, I would imagine it would be something functional and practical with a few extras....like the wireless re-charging, or made of Kevlar or fires small poison darts, expands into a hovercraft, shoots down North Korean missiles etc etc!
  • RedDawn289RedDawn289 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Bond would never use an iPhone as they're not secure enough. However, if we stretch credulity far enough, I would imagine it would be something functional and practical with a few extras....like the wireless re-charging, or made of Kevlar or fires small poison darts, expands into a hovercraft, shoots down North Korean missiles etc etc!

haha your right but we wouldn't use an android either it would be a blackberry despite their unpopularity because they are the most secure.

I like the battery juice pack case but I don't know if I could justify the $100 expense at work :S lol
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    So I just got a new iphone 7 and am shopping around for a case. This got me thinking if James Bond had a phone case what would he use. It would have to be rouged enough to withstand a beating but elegant enough to go with a tux. Lets me what you come up with.

Literary Bond would have something simple and manly in black gunmetal, as if he were still around in the iphone age he wouldn't be puffing away on the Moreland Specials so would have no need for a cigarette case.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    For my iPhone I use the Apple black leather one. Napa leather. Keeps the phone slim and light. Simple and elegant.
    It is quite expensive but I got fed up with the iPhone charger leads breaking and having to keep replacing them and also the battery going flat so this solved both issues.
    RedDawn289 wrote:

haha your right but we wouldn't use an android either it would be a blackberry despite their unpopularity because they are the most secure.

I like the battery juice pack case but I don't know if I could justify the $100 expense at work :S lol
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I don't think that Bond would use any protective case!

He enjoys uses and abuses his expensive items - I don't recall that he's been bothered when his clothing was being ripped - so why would he care about his phone?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    According to Carte Blanche, Bond's phone screen would encase hundreds of hidden spy apps!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited September 2017
    In reality mi6 don't use apple products, in fact certain brands are banned from use, including lenovo products, special security interfaces are loaded on to the mobile phones, which themselves use a secure and restricted network. Even listening bases such as the US one at menwith ( this is designated as an raf Base, but in fact is a US intelligence Base, and has capability of listening in and filtering mobile phone conversations). Android devices are used but only certain ones from certain makers. Much communication is done via email sent through a dedicated sis programme.... Not Hotmail or Gmail :D.
    Fingerprint technology is not used and typically a mobile device has 4 levels of security to get through to unlock it. All data is wiped from the device but kept by sis own database.
    20170922_183645.jpg
    Menwith hill raf Base. Or in reality a US listening and intelligence Base operated by the NSA, though I have known a couple of cia guys who were stationed there. Yes folks they are listening to you. :o
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    This is what I ended up getting... not too fancy but still rugged. Maybe not what James Bond would use to still pretty damn sexy if I do say so myself
    51k_XZV0p_Sb_L._SL1000.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    It depends on who was supplying the phone and case -MI6 or Bond himself. If the former it would be loaded with apps and gadgets, most probably to prolong battery life, make quick one-touch calls to MI6 etc. But if Bond himself was keeping one for personal use, it would certainly be a simple and elegant, undoubtedly expensive case at home in every situation. Nothing like the cheap one I bought in TK Maxx then. :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    He would use this one

Jimmy-Fallon-JCrew-iPhone-case-PS-3.jpg

Except it would be white linen ...

And made by Tom Ford
    canoe2 wrote:
    He would use this one

Jimmy-Fallon-JCrew-iPhone-case-PS-3.jpg

Except it would be white linen ...

And made by Tom Ford

lol I had a good chuckle over that one! The things people come up with.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Correct me if I’m wrong but Daniel Craig actually carries an iPhone
    He is as close as it could be, so I would check out what kind of cases he has been seen using for his iPhone
    I personally recommend something thin and clear or luxurious black leather.

PS. In the last 2 bond films. Both phones used didn’t have a case.