Global James Bond Day 05 Oct 17 - What are you planning?

Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
Hi Guys

I saw today that 05 Oct 17 will be 5th Anniversary of Global James Bond Day - so what are you planning in order to celebrate this fine day.

Cheers :007)
My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    (insert "actually making reviews and stuff" comment here)
    a reasonable rate of return
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Hi Guys

I saw today that 05 Oct 17 will be 5th Anniversary of Global James Bond Day - so what are you planning in order to celebrate this fine day.

Watch bond films, wear an omega watch and get p+ssed on Macallan while wearing expensive clothing.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Hi Guys

Watch bond films, wear an omega watch and get p+ssed on Macallan while wearing expensive clothing.

Are you getting confused with "Global every Chriscoop Day"? :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

The question was not what you are during on workdays :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Hi Guys

Are you getting confused with "Global every Chriscoop Day"? :)) :))

:)) :))
    I wish! Unfortunately for me working too hard to pay for the kids needs, childcare, household bills etc and being the cook in our house ( Mrs coop can burn water) means I have limited time to watch our hero and enjoy a drink while doing so!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,687MI6 Agent
    Nothing too much out of the ordinary, I'd imagine.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I was thinking of world domination. Anyone care to join me?
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    It is my birthday that day. So double celebration for me. Probably will watch Dr No again.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
    I was thinking of world domination. Anyone care to join me?
    Da shhame ol' drreem?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    World domination ? ...... I have already set in place, the events
    Which will lead to Myself being made supreme leader of the
    World ! ...... Just as Soon as I've walked the dog and put the
    Bins out. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,932MI6 Agent
    is there any particular reason for the specific date?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,279Chief of Staff
    Release of Dr. No. Also the release date of "Love Me Do", the first EMI single by The Beatles. And only a few days before the Cuban missile crisis. Arguably the day the sixties began!
    Barbel wrote:
    Release of Dr. No. Also the release date of "Love Me Do", the first EMI single by The Beatles. And only a few days before the Cuban missile crisis. Arguably the day the sixties began!
    Our very own Bond historian -{ .......
    It's a beautiful thing,
    it's like having Bondapedia.
    :)) My friends call it "Choogling"....
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,932MI6 Agent
    edited September 2017
    Barbel wrote:
    Release of Dr. No. Also the release date of "Love Me Do"
    that's one heck of a coincidence I never noticed before
    that was a very good day for the British cultural industry
    each of the two new institutions made a lot of money, created a lot of jobs, generated a lot of imitators
    and between the two, the whole world suddenly thought it was the essence of cool to be from Great Britain

(EDIT: Barbel has shown me the error of my ways)
    Barbel wrote:
    :)) My friends call it "Choogling"....
    :)) I think that may stick -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,687MI6 Agent
    For the special day I'm planning to send a complimentary copy of John Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993) to every house in the UK. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    edited September 2017
    Going to expand on my last post for anyone who might care, I'm staging a come-back after a 4 month hiatus to my channel.
    Probably going to do Die Another Day/Skyfall and expand to other movies such as Atomic Blonde and all the King's Men.

Also, I'm going to do a rumour roundup on Bond 25 and share my Monte Carlo experience.
    DAD/SF Review (don't think I could call them reviews because I don't actually go through the film from the beginning.)

Man, in that case "Don't Send Books".
    to be from England

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

aa_old_man_4.jpg
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    to be from England

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

aa_old_man_4.jpg

:)) I've drawn that ire more than once...rookie move, Professor Potts!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    whoops, I forgot about that guy, OK, he's cool too
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Hi Guys

Nailed it!
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    Hi Guys

That is all I want to do everyday.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    October 5th is my 35th birthday, hoping to get some a few Bond collectibles. Also I am hoping to play the video game Nightfire on my Nintendo Wii, since this year marks its 15th anniversary and it is one of my favorites of the game released when Electronic Arts made James Bond video games.
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    October 5th is my 35th birthday, hoping to get some a few Bond collectibles. Also I am hoping to play the video game Nightfire on my Nintendo Wii, since this year marks its 15th anniversary and it is one of my favorites of the game released when Electronic Arts made James Bond video games.
    Well, it was the day that Jobs died in 2011 but it is also the day that Dr No premiered, so it balances each other out. Happy B'day in advance.

Pondered it long enough, doing the fall of Skies for it, for the sake of...variety.
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    On the 5th, I'm gonna make a pitcher of margaritas and watch GF and GE with a couple buds. Looking forward to it.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby