Ignorant people

FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
edited October 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Just had to walk out the cinema after 10mins of the showing of Kingsman because the couple next to me wouldn't stop using their mobiles , i politely asked the girl to stop using her phone she said it was an emergency so i said please go outside then she refused , i then said i'd go and complain she told me to go ahead , the manager came and asked her to stop , her boyfriend or father i couldn't tell told me to get a life you old '''uck.
Got a refund and complementary tickets but feel awful stomachs churning.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sadly there are some really ignorant people about :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • FrigilianaFrigiliana Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    I wouldn't mind but it was only minutes after Mark Strong does a voiceover asking people to to kindly (he doesn't put it in those terms) please turn your phones of , crazy .
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    I don't think "ignorant" is the word for this. People like that don't care enough about others.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent
    -Normal folks are used to watching movies in their living rooms, and now assume a theatre works the same way.
    -Movie theatres are desperate for audiences to actually pay to watch a film there when they could just as easily watch the same film at home, so they don't actually care how bad audiences now behave as long as they pay.
    -The employees are teenagers working for minimum wage, part time. They're not going to get in a conflict with paying customers.

the declining standard of audience behaviour reminds me of another related thing: remember when theatres used to play one single coca-cola commercial before a film and audiences would literally revolt? now there's 20 minutes of car commercials before a film, and audiences don't even notice anything weird about that. Partially because they're all fiddling with their cellphones, so they can watch ads of their own choosing.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I saw the movie Baby Driver earlier this summer and the couple a few seats to my left talked during most of the film and at one point the lady even talked on her cell-phone. And they even say before the film starts don't talk or use your cellphone during the film! Some people just aren't very bright or respectful of others.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately I'm pre programmed with a complete intolerance to this sort of behaviour, I have to be careful not to let the red mist descend. Following your polite request and the blokes completely offensive and ironic* response I'm afraid I'd have flipped and he'd be having both his and his girlfriend/daughters phone removed from his throat. Some people just don't see why they have to comply with simple requests. Why did the manager not ask them to leave? These sorts of people make rats look like social high flyers.

* Ironic because people that are that attached to their phones generally don't have lives other than the fake one they post on Facefook.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited October 2017
    To be honest i was lost for words and given the attitude of the man i felt it was best just leave with my wife . Only saw 10mins of the film but it looks good going back on Friday.

Chriscoop , i didn't see the manager till i'd actually decided to leave the young attendant came into the cinema to ask the couple to stop using their phones , the film was only 10mins in and relatively full . I wouldn't have been able to watch another 90mins with these two next to me .
    Yes that is what would have tipped me over the edge I'm afraid, but confrontation is best avoided.
    I hope you enjoy the film with your wife in a theatre full of respectful and polite people.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I would have just tackled the dude and pummeled him into unconsciousness. In my mind. And then left as you did. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • IanFryerIanFryer Posts: 327MI6 Agent
    Sadly I know a lot of people who no longer visit the cinema because of this kind of behaviour by audience members.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Moments after the M&Ms commercial about using your phone at the cinema (a very fun one I may add), a guy and his group waltzes into the theatre while talking on their phones.
    It even rang and was answered during the movie.
    My dad and I can't deal with these people and moved to other available seats in the cinema. Luckily, it wasn't full.
    I should do the "manners maketh man" routine on these people.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    This is what I think of those people:
    I-phone_face_hugger.jpg
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
    Blimey Dirty Punker that's even worse than my experience , don't know what the answer is but it won't stop me going to the Cinema .
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Let me say how I think this would have happened in most African countries. To begin I don't think many peoples would start to act like this because they would know what would happen. They would be told by the audience to stop making nusances. if they did not stop then they would be thrown from the cinema by the workers and if they wanted to fight most of the peoples in the audiences would help to throw them out and if they were lucky they would escape being beated on the street for causing troubles.
    I think the bad behaviour is caused many times because peoples know that there is no conseqences to that behaviour.
    Its just another typical instance of the general decline in the attitudes and behaviour of our society. As much as we like to think we are a civilised bunch over here in the West manners and social behaviour are becoming things of the past, people live their own little bubbles content that they can behave as they like and will not suffer any consequences as particularly here in the UK we risk prosecution for handing out any lessons in good manners.
    Well said . :)
    I see many times that people are scared even to speak up when they see bad behaviour. Only a while ago I saw an elderly lady get robbed in the street in daytime right in front of me. Everyone around including men did not move or even shout to help. The only one who helped was me, the foreigner. I chased the thief and got the lady's bag back. I shook my head that day at how people can leave an old lady to be attacked. Ignorant people call my people names because of their skin colour and yet they can act like cowards or are scared to help. Yes I know people are afraid of being arrested but this is a sad state of the country when it has become so only the badly behaved persons think they can do what they will. I told the police that I would have beaten this thief bad if I caught him and I did not care if they arrested me for this because I was only telling the truth. I still look for this thief in the town because I will recognise him again but I have never seen him since this time.
    I know my way of thinking is so different but for this I do not apologise, I just think that you must stand up to the bullies and the theives. Things will only get worse for you if you do not stop this.
    We once had a home Secretary here who encouraged people to actively defend themselves and stand up and help the police tackle anti social behaviour etc..... The police denounced this.
    I completely agree with you Joshua. I once tackled 4 burglars who were raiding my office, I lived in the apartment above at the time, when I heard them smashing the door down with pick axe handles I shouted out of the window and they didn't even flinch, so I charged down stairs and dealt with them 3 ended up in hospital, one with severe damage ( had to have his jaw wired and nose stitched back on he also lost a lot of teeth) they were arrested at hospital, they'd used a car that was stolen from a few streets away and had been responsible for many burglaries in the area. As for me I was cautioned for assault on the scene, questioned about an inert 50mm cartridge that was on my desk and the burglary was classed as an agreivated burglary. I was never charged with anything but annoyingly the wpc who questioned me advised me that in future it's better to leave them to it and claim from your insurance.
    I wouldn't think twice about doing it again, in fact a couple of years ago I ejected 2 young chaps from a bar who made offensive and vulgar remarks to my wife who was standing next to me! I live by an old saying
    " if you play with the bull you'll get horns up your arse"
    Quality Chris. The laughable part about my experience part of the premise of Kingsman is how a lout is taught how to be a gentleman suppose it was lost on my thug .
    Frigiliana wrote:
    Quality Chris. The laughable part about my experience part of the premise of Kingsman is how a lout is taught how to be a gentleman suppose it was lost on my thug .
    Well hopefully karma kicked in somewhere for him and he returned to his car to find a flat tyre or something.
    Agreed, I've witnessed "Karma" kicking in a couple of times, to a few well deserved people. -{
    It's always enjoyable. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It's a beautiful thing

20171003_170527.jpg
    :))
    I was thinking of the boy racer who was doing some crazy over taking , once on my way home.
    I just had the words out, " Where's a cop when you need one ?" When up pops PC Plod with his
    Red torch, to direct the young driver over to the hard shoulder.
    Loads of drivers have him a friendly toot on the car horn as they passed. :D
    Just had an email from The Vue asking me to do a survey to win a free bag of popcorn what should i do?
    I'd do the decent thing and be honest, and let them know how inept their manager is at dealing with nuisance audience members.
    So the police may not always arrest you if you defend yourself or other people or property from the thieves and bullies? This is then even more reason to stand up for yourselves against the bullies. I know not every one would want to do this and this i can understand. Perhaps not to get into the fight is what many peoples will not like to do but i think it is better to stand up always and account for yourself if you are threatened by bad behaviour or bullies. I know I must tell myself at all times that I am in an foreign country with different ways but I think everyone all over the world must show respect for other people in every day life or otherwise they must have to be punished in some way, by telling off or even other things if that is required. Again I know this is what many people would not do and I must respect them if they are not comfortable with confrontations. My own way of thinking is because I am from a people who are the warrior castes who have very great importance in being strong and never to turn away from things like this, so I apologise if I do not understand really why others people do not stand against bullies and others but that is why.
    i guess that i will not be answered but I think it is best to tell these people at the cinema what the experience is and why it is spoiled and then get the reply and tell us here what the reply said.
    Oh I forget. the only other person who helped the lady I told about was my wife. She aided her while I chased the thief. Some others then helped her but only when they thought they were not in danger I think?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    im affraid people are addicted to the dam contraptions ,and i often get filthy looks if "i " accidentley bump into some one whos jaywalking whilst doddering along reading their texts or reading their E BOOK .im just dreading the day when these morons can use their devices on an areoplane "ooohh allo Chelsea its Tracey ere you never guess where i am ,yeah im ona plane to Malaga " pass me a parachute someone
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Can i add people cycling on the pavement to my ignorant people , my wife recently had a knee op , when she finally ventured out she had to dodge people weaving in and out on the pavement, i've no problem with people walking with their bikes on the pavement or children under 10 which i believe legally is OK (in UK) but were talking adults .
    I would have got a serious bolloc''ng if i'd have cycled 50yrs ago showing my age now.
    I live near York and often work there, York is famous for its number of cyclists, I see on a very regular basis cyclists on thepavements and cyclists running red lights, it's frustrating as tub ey are never held to account and if they were to be hit by a car it's automatically the car drivers fault.
    When I was younger we lived near a very big Park with miles and miles of footpaths, the park warden would put his stick through your spokes if he caught you cycling on them.
    Ditto