Any parts of the film you genuinely dislike?

DieAnotherDayDieAnotherDay Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 460MI6 Agent
Though they may be few and far between, I'm very curious to know what parts of the movies that you all genuinely dislike... (beyond tsunami surfing scene in DAD haha that's too easy)

I'll start with the fight with the heavy's that Bond and Tibbet have in the Underground warehouse, from AVTAK. It's honestly embarrassingly shot and edited, coming across as just a bunch of old men who couldn't fight sleep being conveniently filmed so we can't see how physically out of shape they are :)) It's short and insignifant but pretty awful on the eye.

Also, the Bond/Jinx sex scene in DAD. Genuinely think it's the worst scene in the film. So uneccesary that I usually skip over it when watching the Blu-Ray.
....and the best he ever managed was a sermon on the mount.

Comments

• heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    There aren't too many for me:

- Gondola waving and green screen at the end of FRWL.
    - Kung fu sequence in TMWTGG and boat chase.
    - MR Bondola, double taking pigeon.
    - FYEO the fight at the ice rink.
    - GE - whispering statues - goddamn boring.
    - DAD intro and sex scene with Jinx (as you mention above DAD)
    - CR train sequence meeting of Vesper, falling in love with Vesper scene at hospital, falling house in Venice.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    ha! mines another from aVTaK: the firetruck chase
    which as well is being stoopid, adds nothing to the plot, and I think is completely discrete from the relevant parts of the story that occur immediately before and after
    next time I watch the film I'm going to see if there's a chapter stop, I shall try advancing to the next scene as soon as Bond reveals his true identity to the Stacy and the cops and hopefully it lands me right at the beginning of the next non-firetruck chase scene
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,055Chief of Staff
    At the risk of harping on the one string, AWTD....
    which as well is being stoopid, adds nothing to the plot, and I think is completely discrete from the relevant parts of the story that occur immediately before and after
    next time I watch the film I'm going to see if there's a chapter stop, I shall try advancing to the next scene as soon as Bond reveals his true identity to the Stacy and the cops and hopefully it lands me right at the beginning of the next non-firetruck chase scene

It is pretty crap, although I do find the destruction of the cop cars on the bridge entertaining and funny...
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    Not very man here either.

.Kung-fu sequence in TMWTGG. Also the part where Bond grabs the sumo's ass.
    .Jaws falling in love in MR.
    .Bond and Mayday in bed in AVTAK. :# :(
    .Mr. White's demise in SP. Controversial I know but it didn't feel right to me.
    .Pretty much every scene with Madeleine or C in SP.
    .The scene in SP where Madeleine leaves Bond in London. My jaw literally dropped in the theater.
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent
    It is pretty crap, although I do find the destruction of the cop cars on the bridge entertaining and funny...
    by the time it gets to that point its like something from the Blue Brothers

another similar one that bugs me is the flying school chase from Live and Let Die, stoopid, stoopid, and pointless
    but I think that ones a little less discrete because without it we don't know how he escapes from Mr Big's men
    there's three chase scenes in a row, more or less, in LaLD, and most of them are just irrelevant padding
    the doubeldecker bus at least is clever and gives us a view of Jamaica/Kananga's island/wherever they did the location shooting, so that's nice
    the boat chase is iconic, but most of it upon close viewing is from Sherrif Pepper's PoV, with Moore just doing occasional cameos in the background
    but I love seeing those bayous and all the tricks the boats do getting round them, the geography lesson makes up for the silliness
    but that flight school chase is such an annoying digression when there's already so many other pointless chase scenes in the movie
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    TB - The end sequence dragged on and was all over the place.
    GF - The barn scene with Pussy Galore and James Bond.
    YOLT - The fight on the rooftop - most of those punches missed by 2 feet.
    OHMSS - The quote "This never happened to the other fella" with GL looking at the camera.
    DAF - Charles Gray playing Blofeld having played Henderson in YOLT. Bambi and Thumper.
    TMWTGG - M telling Q to shut up. Bond chasing Nick Nack around a cabin. Sherriff Pepper no matter what he says, does, thinks and the constant spitting. Slide whistle - I may as well mention the whole film while I'm at it.
    TSWLM - Jaws wins a battle with a shark. Triple X karate chops Jaws.
    MR - Jaws flapping his wings. Jaws meets Dolly.
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    OGG007 wrote:
    OHMSS - The quote "This never happened to the other fella" with GL looking at the camera.
    DAF - Charles Gray playing Blofeld having played Henderson in YOLT. Bambi and Thumper.
    TMWTGG - M telling Q to shut up. Bond chasing Nick Nack around a cabin. Sherriff Pepper no matter what he says, does, thinks and the constant spitting. Slide whistle - I may as well mention the whole film while I'm at it.
    Not too many then :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Perhaps. Jason Bourne movies might be more to
    Your taste :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Chriscoop wrote:
    OGG007 wrote:
    Not too many then :))

Funny you should say that - I was about to say part 2 to follow. I'd forgotten about Timothy Dalton ( I wonder why) because I like him as much as Higgins does 8-) . There's a scene (LTK) when Bond meets Pam Bouvier either for the first time or when she's 'dolled up' (can't remember exactly when but I did like the film) and he looks at her like he's never seen a woman before in his life. A very unlike and uncool Bond moment for mine anyway.
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    Perhaps. Jason Bourne movies might be more to
    Your taste :D

Happy to say TP - I think the Jason Bourne movies are excellent in my opinion.
    edited October 2017
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/05/jason-bourne-technology/
    yes, I rather got that impression :D Although here are a few tech
    Mistakes in your favourite spy series. Which I genuinely dislike as they're
    very basic and stupid.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/05/jason-bourne-technology/
    yes, I rather got that impression :D Although here are a few tech
    Mistakes in your favourite spy series. Which I genuinely dislike as they're
    very basic and stupid.

Well, I never said it was my 'favourite' but feel free to misquote me - you won't be the first one to do so.
    Sorry my mistake, as you were slagging off the Bond series, I mistakenly
    thought as you described the Bourne serues as "excellent " ( that is correct,
    isn't it ) you would obviously hold them in a higher regard. Although I do
    apologise for my misrepresentation , Bourne is not your favourite but just
    better than the Bond series ?
    Sorry my mistake, as you were slagging off the Bond series, I mistakenly
    thought as you described the Bourne serues as "excellent " ( that is correct,
    isn't it ) you would obviously hold them in a higher regard. Although I do
    apologise for my misrepresentation , Bourne is not your favourite but just
    better than the Bond series ?

Where did I state I was slagging off the Bond series? The initial question was 'Any parts of the film you genuinely dislike'? I never stated I hold the Bourne series in higher regard so I'm not sure exactly what angle you're coming from.

By all means, like everyone else on a forum we have an opinion but like Sir Miles has done previously without foundation, if you are going to make an accusation about something I wrote back it up. Nothing's edited so it's up to you. It's all there in black and white. If you can't do that keep your stupid accusations to yourself.
    I've sent you a PM.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    "My god you're impossible" and what comes next in DAD.
    Hate these scenes with a passion.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • DieAnotherDayDieAnotherDay Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Yeah that whole bit doesn't make a whole load of sense and bond comes across as a bit of a creep for the only time in Brozzers tenure :))
    ....and the best he ever managed was a sermon on the mount.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Yeah that whole bit doesn't make a whole load of sense and bond comes across as a bit of a creep for the only time in Brozzers tenure :))
    It doesn't really feel...classy, Bond or seductive even on TB sauna standards.
    Feels totally off and the rumoured jacuzzi scenes wouldn't of been that great either.
    Also, my heart sank when I saw him throwing his tux on the chair...and missing! Connery-FRWL much?
    a reasonable rate of return
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    The Tarzan scene from QoS - doesn't seem to fit with the DC style

2nd half of DAD

PTS of YOLT (seems a bit odd and TVish)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The Tarzan scene from QoS - doesn't seem to fit with the DC style

2nd half of DAD

PTS of YOLT (seems a bit odd and TVish)
    Tarzan scene?
    Yeah lol. Swinging around on ropes
    Swinging on ropes . Surely That's QOS ;)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Some people already said some of mine, so I will just take from those and add.

- AVTAK: Stacey screaming for Bond as she is abducted into the blimp

- GE: Bond going off the cliff on the motorbike

- DAD: CGI surfing, anything with Jinx

- CR: black and white PTS, CR airport sequence, train sequence meeting of Vesper, falling in love with Vesper scene at hospital, falling house in Venice

- QOS: Another Way to Die

- SP: Rome car chase phone call, Madeleine walking away from Bond
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    thinking about some of those chase scenes ....
    those are often the scenes that show off the scenery, which I allege was always part of the appeal of the classic films, so they do serve a purpose even if it isn't plot related
    imdb tells me Live and Let Die was filmed in Jamaica (where the book was set) even though the dialog tells us its a fictitious country. So the double decker bus chase shows off some rural areas of Jamaica and some villages, all of which I'm sure Fleming would have approved of.
    However... my genuinely disliked flight school chase does not show off any scenery, so has no redeeming quality.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I've never considered that scene tarzanesque at all ever! I like that scene but hey we are all different. I think of it more as like a giant game of gladiators the goal being to reach a gun first.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    AVTAK's ending makes Q look like a pervert! It makes me uneasy watching that scene.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Chriscoop wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I've never considered that scene tarzanesque at all ever! I like that scene but hey we are all different. I think of it more as like a giant game of gladiators the goal being to reach a gun first.

I watched it again the other day and the whole thing seemed a bit absurd. Maybe more suited for the previous era.
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    edited October 2017
    Let's see. There are a few moments that I do not like, although it might be a bit too far to say 'I hate them.' The list might look long, but please don't get me wrong: I love all the Bond movies, including the mistakes and cringe worthy moments. With the eexception of DAD, I would watch any Bond movie if it comes on TV over any other film. Anyways, here it goes:

- DAF: Blofeld in drag, The mousetrap in Bond's suit and the moonbuggy chase. Plus Tiffany Case in second half of the movie
    - TMWTGG: The Kung Fu fight, all scenes with J.W. and the poorly used whistle during the car stunt.
    - MR: Jaws falling in love, the gondola chase, including double take pigeon
    - FYEO: The ending with Margaret Thatcher, and the fact Bibbi Dahl didn't die a painful death at the beginning of the movie.
    - OP: The jungle chase incl Tarzan yell. The car chase with the generic bratwurst eating Germans.
    - AVTAK: The fight in the warehouse, the firetruck chase and the slaughter in the mines. May day scene strangely enough I never minded that much
    - DAD: The dialogue between Bond and Jinx when they met. The sex scene. Madonna. Tsunami surfing. The CGI after the car chase. The ending in the Robocop suit. and of course: Yo Momma...

BTW, Here is the always funny Calvin Dyson with his top 10 worst moments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlrus1xWXu4
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
    - CR train sequence meeting of Vesper, falling in love with Vesper scene at hospital, falling house in Venice.
    Matt S wrote:
    - CR: black and white PTS, CR airport sequence, train sequence meeting of Vesper, falling in love with Vesper scene at hospital, falling house in Venice

{[]

"Better make that two."