Never Say Weinstein Again

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
You knew someone would post this topic. And you knew it would be me. :)

Bond's Top Weinstein Moments

1) Bond's 'seduction' of May Day

"We'd heard he'd got out of his room and was wandering around parts of the grounds he had no business being in. When I returned to my room, he'd invited himself in, and was lying naked in my bed... My boss encouraged me to go ahead with it, basically implying I'd be sacked if I refused..."

2) Bond's massage of Domino

"I'd booked myself in to my normal massage, and something seemed unusual, but I just went along with it. Later, it turned out he inviegled his way into the salon..."

Actually, now I think about it, there are way too many of these scattered throughout 50 years... :#
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    "Howdy welcome Gwyneth, I've been expecting you. You got any business to care of in there, you go right on ahead. First, I suspect you're wearing a dress. Would you mind standing up and taking it off? You sure are a pleasant girl. Why don't you just come on in, Gwyneth? Relax, make yourself comfortable. That's good, right on over here."
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Come in, Angelina, come in.
    I knew your mother, an English girl - a romantic a who had come to Hollywood to look for bandits.
    Rather like those women who ventured into the desert looking for sheikhs.
    She found me in a suite at The Grand. Hiding from the police at the time.
    I came to love this girl. We [DELETED]. The result:... I’m now in deep sh!t.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited October 2017
    On a side note, one of our own, Seydoux was also assaulted by Weinstein. Check the Guardian for it.

About Bond, the old switcheroo at the hotel in MWGG and GF barn scene come to mind.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Eva Green has also recently released a statement about how Weinstein harassed her a few years back.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited October 2017
    :o :o :o :o

Fun fact: Courtney Love said that he was a bad egg back in 1990 but nobody listened to her.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It seems the remarkabley unfunny James Corden has no bad taste radar! https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/10/15/james-corden-made-a-joke-about-harvey-weinstein-didnt-go-well/
    I'm surprised he didn't make any jokes about the Las Vegas shooter while he was at it!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    He totally misread the room :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    He totally misread the room :#
    Yes 3 times!! :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    Barbara Broccoli added her voice to the general renunciation of Weinstein.

Yet even her modern Bond isn't above Weinstein moments. It was an odd sort of throwback to the bad old days when Bond just assumed that Severine would welcome him slipping into her shower in SF.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    While the two notorious instances involve Connery; the Pussy Galore 'seduction' and in the next film, his 'seduction' of Pam at Shrublands, if you work your way back, you find that he doesn't really work those moves much. In NSNA he is generally hit on by women, rather than making it happen (sadly there is zero chemistry between him and Kim) and then again in DAF you notice he only has two dames, both of whom make moves on him (but actually :o he 'only' gets to cop off with just the one in that film, Tiffany Case, as tis she who turns - well, what's the female equivalent of c***blocker? Anyway, Bond has just the one in DAF, making it surely his most monogomous film, assuming Dalton might have copped off with the bored lady in the pts of TLD).

Back further, and again in YOLT it is generally the dames who make a move on Bond, and Aki's massage seduction isn't I suppose so much worse than what he did to Domino in NSNA all those years later, thoughh is Carry On bored attempt to snare the final conquest lets the side down.

I suppose it fitted into the idea that Bond was so brilliant, the women throw themselves at him, but as he got older it maybe made the whole thing less queasy, to show he's not forcing himself. Seems his only real chat-ups are with Jill Masterton, Domino in TB, he makes the moves on Pam tbf even if it gets reinterpreted unfavourably now, but otherwise it doesn't really happen much, it happens to him.

It makes sense because a bloke has to tailor his approach to the women and yet Bond of course is supposed to be iconic and so the same generally. I mean, Moore did verbally try it on but the approach always was a bit self-regarding imo.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    While the two notorious instances involve Connery; the Pussy Galore 'seduction' and in the next film, his 'seduction' of Pam at Shrublands, if you work your way back, you find that he doesn't really work those moves much. In NSNA he is generally hit on by women, rather than making it happen (sadly there is zero chemistry between him and Kim) and then again in DAF you notice he only has two dames, both of whom make moves on him (but actually :o he 'only' gets to cop off with just the one in that film, Tiffany Case, as tis she who turns - well, what's the female equivalent of c***blocker? Anyway, Bond has just the one in DAF, making it surely his most monogomous film, assuming Dalton might have copped off with the bored lady in the pts of TLD).

Back further, and again in YOLT it is generally the dames who make a move on Bond, and Aki's massage seduction isn't I suppose so much worse than what he did to Domino in NSNA all those years later, thoughh is Carry On bored attempt to snare the final conquest lets the side down.

I suppose it fitted into the idea that Bond was so brilliant, the women throw themselves at him, but as he got older it maybe made the whole thing less queasy, to show he's not forcing himself. Seems his only real chat-ups are with Jill Masterton, Domino in TB, he makes the moves on Pam tbf even if it gets reinterpreted unfavourably now, but otherwise it doesn't really happen much, it happens to him.

It makes sense because a bloke has to tailor his approach to the women and yet Bond of course is supposed to be iconic and so the same generally. I mean, Moore did verbally try it on but the approach always was a bit self-regarding imo.

It's true that, for the most part, all Connery had to do, particularly in his later Bond films, was to 'be there' for the women to come flocking. For the successor Bonds it was mostly the same. That was part of the male fantasy. But unfortunately the pivotal scene with Pussy Galore in GF and the shower scene with Pat Fearing in TB are near-as-dammit rape fantasies, with Pat blackmailed into having sex and she and Pussy appearing to give consent only at a point when they already have no choice in the matter anyway. It's true these scenes were the exception rather than the rule in Bond films, but they were so iconic that they partly defined the Bond myth.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    I think that the fine line between fact and fiction gets dangerously thin here, due to the nature of the real world slime ball.
    Goldfinger and Thunderball have an almost playfulness beteeen the characters which is unfortunately, open to interpritation. However, the one thst makes me wince is Bond's treatment of Andrea in Golden Gun - slapping her about and later she says 'he can have her too if he likes.' Makes my skin crawl at the idea of it.
    I'm glad we got Octopussy, but it gives us a xhance to see Maud Adams as a leading lady, playing a character that can hold her own.

CR-06, and SP show the modern contrast - Vesper and Swann are both more than a match to Bond and make their case in dealing with him. Nevertheless, men like Weinstein are a horrible reminder of the corrupt, perverted mess the real world is still in.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?