Why Timothy Dalton Was The Best James Bond

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
edited October 2017 in General James Bond Chat
An interesting video summary of why Dalton is the best bond

https://vimeo.com/238232577
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • RemingtonRemington CAPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    Are you sure you're not a closet Dalton fan Higgins? :))
    -{
    1. Connery 2. Moore 3. Dalton 4. Brosnan 5. Craig 6. Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    Remington wrote:
    -{

Higgybum is in the closet about a lot of things :))
    YNWA 97
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Remington wrote:
    -{

Higgybum is in the closet about a lot of things :))
    It's funny how he spends so much time in the closet yet he does not know how to dress.
    :p :p
    a reasonable rate of return
  • ironponyironpony Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    I'd say Dalton is fourth best personally.
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    He s good but too serious
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    He was very good. Just did too few films. Probably my third favourite after Craig & Connery.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I take it you people didn't watch the video lol...

Copy and past the link however, as clicking on it comes up with some sort of block
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • osrisosris Posts: 558MI6 Agent
    I like Dalton’s Bond now. I never used to. At the time, I thought he looked too physically slight—like a young Peter O’Toole—and his accent seemed a bit peculiar. He looks a lot like Hoagy Carmichael—which Fleming would have liked.
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    He was the most accurate book version of Bond. I remember watching an interview with him in which he stated he read all the Fleming books for the role.

Would've been nice to see him in more movies.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I find it remarkable that everyone puts that well known fact up.

I am pretty sure that Connery, Moore, Brosnan and Craig where reading IF as well - maybe not all of them, but why is that always stressed out by Dalton's fans?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,673MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I find it remarkable that everyone puts that well known fact up.

I am pretty sure that Connery, Moore, Brosnan and Craig where reading IF as well - maybe not all of them, but why is that always stressed out by Dalton's fans?

Simply because he was the only one who read them all and re-read them for inspiration and it certainly shows on the screen in his performance. Connery said he only read three of the novels, Moore read a passage in Goldfinger and not much else it seems. Brosnan read a bit too. I assume Craig has read them all, at least the once.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think he also kept them on set, and would constantly dip in to them for inspiration. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,673MI6 Agent
    I think he also kept them on set, and would constantly dip in to them for inspiration. -{

Yes, indeed. Lazenby did the same with OHMSS and, yet again, it shows in the performance and final film.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).