DP's WTB

Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
Greetings!
I do not own many Bond clothes/accessories/items etc and in the coming months, I'm going to try and change that.
This will include some hard to find items and other seemingly common items in a specific hard to find specification, being the anal "collector" that I'm going to be. SA is more often than not the key here. The cases which SA isn't will be when I require an item whose vendor is unknown. About the brackets; I won't be hoarding these items or using them in some sort of display, I'll be wearing them in every opportunity that I can get.
Let's start with a relatively easy one.
I'm looking for the brown and blue geometric, dubbed "Hamburg", Turnbull and Asser tie from Tomorrow Never Dies.
The catch? It has to have the correct blue lining that the screen-worn one had as noted on the below pictures.
Screen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_14_42_02.png
Screen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_14_32_47.png Screen_Shot_2017_10_15_at_14_33_33.png
I'll be flexible a little on this one as I don't mind if it has "Neiman Marcus" written on the back of it.
(One such tie popped up on eBay but I couldn't stay awake until 3 in the morning to bid on it.)
"Black and white and red all over? Now I get it."
a reasonable rate of return

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    You do know you can still buy this tie from T&A at a reasonable price on line.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

The one they sell online doesn't have the SA blue lining that DP is looking for. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    Bond44 wrote:

The one they sell online doesn't have the SA blue lining that DP is looking for. -{
    Who sees the back anyway? You got me thinking now have to check mine!
    But I get it with us AJBers and our obsession with SA

Cheers 007)
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited October 2017
    Bond44 wrote:

Thank you ED for clarifying!

Very common tie, crazy rare lining.
    It's true that nobody would see it or notice but I would. And if I were to spend a certain amount of money on a Bond item, I would like it to be at the very least SA.
    Cheers!
  • BOFFERBOFFER Posts: 331MI6 Agent
    omg
    BOFFER wrote:
    omg
    You never noticed or...?
    Its ok, I have just smashed my head into a bowl of steaming hot tomato soup and feel better now.
    Right, I have thought this through after reading it again and decided that I need more soup and a bigger bowl. Is it possible to drown ones self in a large bowl of tommy soup, hot or cold ?
    I shall of course watch my tie does not dip in the tommy soup as that may offend some.
    Enjoy.
    edited October 2017
    BOFFER wrote:
    Right, I have thought this through after reading it again and decided that I need more soup and a bigger bowl. Is it possible to drown ones self in a large bowl of tommy soup, hot or cold ?
    I shall of course watch my tie does not dip in the tommy soup as that may offend some.
    Enjoy.
    That’s fine so long as the Tommy Soup is Heinz that would be truly SA :D

I cannot comment really I spent 9k this year swapping a PO to make it SA - like I said I get the SA thing just trying to help this dude take the less painful route to healing his complex before his SA obsession really gets out of control!!

Some of us are beyond help but he can save himself while he is still at the tie stage (for today a tie tomorrow a PO or Aston Martin)

edited October 2017
    Well, it will be the second Bond item in my collection (after the Riviera) but I see what you mean and I appreciate the fact that you are trying to save me from this nasty little habit of ours (SA).
    Sure it may be less painful to buy the tie as is but I almost had one and it slipped through my hands, and that's the only reason I'm going out of my way to acquire one.
    A PO or SMP is in the pipeline but only when the time will be right.
    You know, a man's got to know his limitations.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Like a lot of us I think my SA obsession is beyond help :)). I have four TF dress shirts, some even from the Spectre collection, but only consider one of my shirts truly SA because it has the additional "made to measure" label on the inside. Nice catch with the inside lining though. I have their DAD tie and wonder if its different from the SA version.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    All the linings are different from the screen used ties. In colour and pattern.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Waiter, large soup please.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Boffer, grab a snorkel dear chap.
    Why not just buy the tie T&A currently stock and have the lining re done? It would be an inexpensive and easy job for a tailor and would quell your sa desires. You may never find one with the lining you are after.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    BOFFER wrote:
    Waiter, large soup please.
    I might just commission MayDay to put a fly in your soup.
    Do you enjoy fly-casting? Try to find that prop, will you? Should keep you occupied.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    You may never find one with the lining you are after.
    Right it now, it's a risk I am willing to take.
    I actually thought about that but it would be a shame to do such an operation on such a beautiful tie. If it ain't broke don't fix it-mentality on that one.
    Let's put a pin on that while I let it stir in my mind for a while.
    Who knows? Maybe someone might be willing to sell or happen to find a matching tie on eBay or wherever.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

This is currently out of stock. Anyone in the know able to tell me when it might be back? Does this happen often?
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:

This is currently out of stock. Anyone in the know able to tell me when it might be back? Does this happen often?

Just checked T&A website and I can put one of these ties in " my bag" so it's seems they are in stock.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    Just checked T&A website and I can put one of these ties in " my bag" so it's seems they are in stock.

Screenshot_2017-12-07_at_7.05.10_PM.png

:#