Kan's Production - James Bond Artworks

texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
I was just sharing this with a friend so I thought I post it here too to communicate with all my ajb friends ...

As promised, here is my email to share with you my completed projects.

You and I are similar in our love for Bond artworks.

I have always like the Thai style poster artworks and like to see that style executed on the newer Bond movies. Then in 2015, I found an artist in Thailand - Wongchayuth Sukhowattanakij.

I share with him my passions and ideas and we decided to collaborate on my Bond artwork projects.

My idea is to bring back the old Thai style painting to the new James Bond movie artworks. Of course, I began with the latest one to show what this could be - so my first work was SPECTRE.
Kan_SPECTRE.jpg

After the completion of SPECTRE, I decided to do something fun. My favorite Bond movies are the older one and my most favorite villain is Scaramanga - I always wanted to rethink the old movie artworks - so decided to do my own interpretation of TMWTGG artwork. I wanted Scaramanga to be the key person in this artwork. TMWTGG became my second piece.
Kan_TMWTGG.jpg

I am happy with my first two Bond poster projects. I hope you like the works.

In between I also toy with the idea of creating the Bond Leading Ladies Portraits project - painting all the Bond girls. Here is the first :-)
Art4.jpg

However, the work was not without challenges. My Thai artist is an expert in copying and painting, but not James Bond - so I have to come up with all the elements, designs and layouts and all the ideas. I then follow the painting development and guiding him when corrections are needed. For example when we working on my TMWTGG, the golden gun was so wrong and I got to heavily correct that. You know I am so crazy about the Golden Gun - got a few in my collection so the error is just too great for me..
IMG_1312.jpg

so here is Kan's Production so far. More to come .... like Bond, Kan will be back :-)

Comments

• Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Very nice Kan, Graham Kennedy has a rival.

Please let us know if prints are planned.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Nicely done.

For the sake of variety, I'd love to see another PPK pose in the Golden Gun poster (unless that will become something of a trademark) and speaking of which, Goodnight's seems a bit less detailed.
    Which brings me to the next point, why do women's faces look much more smoothed out and less detailed than say Bond's or Scaramanga's? Or is it supposed to be that way? Another inconsistency that I found was that Moore's tie was red, not navy as seen in your poster but I'd be happy to gloss over that thanks to the dominance of other colours in that area.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed seeing your reinterpretations of the posters, SPECTRE has a TLD, OHMSS vibe to it and your Golden Gun combined all the most notable elements of the movie and made them your own.
    May I suggest Moonraker next? Especially Moore in his white Rio suit.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    Very nice Kan, Graham Kennedy has a rival.

Please let us know if prints are planned.

Thank you Andy - always appreciate your support.

Yes - prints are in the work.
    The pieces have been professionally scanned and we are doing some proofs.
    I will announce something soon once we are ready to go - these will be very well done -{
    Spectre_kan.jpg
    TMWTGG_kan.jpg
    I am glad you enjoy the works.
    thank you for your feedback - they are noted.
    -{ -{ -{
    Nicely done.

For the sake of variety, I'd love to see another PPK pose in the Golden Gun poster (unless that will become something of a trademark) and speaking of which, Goodnight's seems a bit less detailed.
    Which brings me to the next point, why do women's faces look much more smoothed out and less detailed than say Bond's or Scaramanga's? Or is it supposed to be that way? Another inconsistency that I found was that Moore's tie was red, not navy as seen in your poster but I'd be happy to gloss over that thanks to the dominance of other colours in that area.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed seeing your reinterpretations of the posters, SPECTRE has a TLD, OHMSS vibe to it and your Golden Gun combined all the most notable elements of the movie and made them your own.
    May I suggest Moonraker next? Especially Moore in his white Rio suit.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    OUTSTANDING!!! Hopefully my office will have some new pieces soon! Can't wait for the prints.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    love the Vesper portrait! great work!
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    These are incredible, thanks for sharing.
    -Liam
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Great work! I guess this is you...

23ubziu.jpg

Congratulations and don't stop!
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    This is awesome! Who was it that did the CR, QOS and SF posters like these?
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Spectacular, first-rate work! I took it that faces in the foreground have more lines/definition than those in the rearground, except Oberhauser, who is evil. :)

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    There are some other great photos of his other Bond posters in progress photos as well as other fantastic poster art on his facebook. FANTASTIC art!!!!! --Ed

Here is his FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008771702245&lst=1364111407%3A100008771702245%3A1508768078&sk=photos
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Kan,

Fantastic as per your usual. I love the stuff you've come up with over the years! Still have the ASP Quest for Excellence from you and the FRWL balancing throwing knife. Great vintage Bondiana at its rare best!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • DanBond11DanBond11 Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    Anyone have a link to all of his artwork?
    Thank you all for the positive feedback -{
    K
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Going for it here--I want the Spectre piece and the one from TMWTGG!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!