Universal Export's Archival Division

Hello!

I was introduced to the world of agent 007 as a young boy during the early waves of "Bond Mania" My first James Bond film was "Goldfinger". The spy toys of that era were terrific and they afforded me many hours of imaginative play. As I moved into my teen years, I started reading the Fleming novels. My first attempt at collecting 007 memorabilia was with the advent of VHS. No longer would I have to wait for a theatrical release or for a major network to deem a Bond film as "Movie of the Week". It was so liberating to own the tapes and watch them whenever I wanted. I have been collecting James Bond items now for over 30 years. My collection is varied but I would say my main focus has been on toys . For years my collection was in a corner of our unfinished basement. Some items were out on display, but many remained boxed and stored away. Over the past year I decided to make it a priority and partially finish the room and properly display the collection. On Christmas day, I proudly opened the doors to my "Universal Export's Archival Division" and shared my infliction with family and friends. Their responses were priceless and so I thought I would share some of these images with you at ajb007. I hope you enjoy.

Bonddirector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBAQlTXtYt0

Comments

• BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    That is a heck of a collection, very impressive! Was there a diorama of the Goldfinger car chase at the 1:35 mark?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Wow! Great collection! I feel humbled. Need to check out those figures. Love the Dalton ones, especially. I need a bigger house!
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    Very well done. Great collection.
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
  • BonddirectorBonddirector Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    Hello BCFDRay, what's pictured at mark 1:35 is the infamous AC Gilbert 007 Road Race Set sold exclusively by Sears and Roebucks. It was released in time for the 1965 Christmas catalogue. It includes an aston martin and mustang just like the movie Goldfinger

Bonddirector
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    V nice and very diverse, well done {[]
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Wow what an incredible collection!! Would love to spend some time looking around that room!
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
    very nice - except for the very bad golden gun you got there - Argentinian I presume?
    you might want to get rid of that one and buy an SD Studios or FE versions
    -{
    "What sharp little eyes you have"... you're correct, I got that gun and a few of the flexible action figures from Argentina... some day I'll have to up grade I agree
    wait until you see my teeth ..... my Factory Entertainment Richard Kiel Signed Limited Edition Jaws Teeth that is :))
    Touche... thanks for your responses and input
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Some day I'm going to find one of those resin TLD Dalton figures!

Questions:
    At about 1:05 I see what looks like the Gilbert Oddjob in his mourning suit. Is that the actual SEARS outfit or something you made?

Later, at about 3:50, I see what looks like a Moore figure which I don't recognize; what is the story on that?
    edited January 2018
    I can help you with that resin TLD Dalton figure - will be in touch.

Edit - found an old pic showing the figure
    photo.jpg
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Some day I'm going to find one of those resin TLD Dalton figures!

Questions:
    At about 1:05 I see what looks like the Gilbert Oddjob in his mourning suit. Is that the actual SEARS outfit or something you made?

Later, at about 3:50, I see what looks like a Moore figure which I don't recognize; what is the story on that?
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    I really love figure-centric Bond collections, followed by vehicles...my kind of collector! Looking forward to a photo gallery should you be inclined.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Hello PoormansJB,

I love the the Dalton also and searched for a long time till I found the two resin models. There is very little stuff out there. Sideshow did a few things but not near enough. I like to make dioramas for each of the movies. I did one for TLD. I thought you might like to see it

20180102_223926.jpg
    Hello poormansJB

The answer to question 2 ... No the odd job figure is not the sears exclusive. I wish! A few years ago I found a listing on eBay for ken's bridal wear...the product didn't fit the ken doll. It was baggy and the arms and legs were short. The detail and craftiness of the item were great though. I took a chance and ordered it. It fit the gilbert odd job doll like a glove. The person who made it sewed it all in one and it velcros in the back. here is a better picture...

20180119_065035.jpg
    Hello poormans JB

Question number 3... On my mega shelf I have some custom figures, some I bought on line and some I put together myself.

There are action figures from Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, and A View to a Kill
    20180119_065614.jpg
    Here are the other two...

20180119_065807.jpg

20180119_065755.jpg
    Hello superado,

The action figures are a weak spot for me also... It was a goal of mine to make dioramas for each movie, that iconic moment. I'll include some pictures and try to add more later... I hope you enjoy

Shocking Positively Shocking....

20160211_135707.jpg

Here's a picture of my Thunderball shelf....

20160224_225706.jpg
    Hello poormansJB

The answer to question 2 ... No the odd job figure is not the sears exclusive. I wish!

Thank you. I have yet to see a pic of an actual SEARS Oddjob.
    There are action figures from Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, and A View to a Kill

LOL! Yes, you got those Moonraker customs from me!

100_3313-_LO_RES.jpg

BEST-_LO_RES.jpg
    edited January 2018
    texas007 wrote:
    I can help you with that resin TLD Dalton figure - will be in touch.

Edit - found an old pic showing the figure
    photo.jpg

That's actually the Dalton garage kit. The figure in BondDirector's collection is different; I believe it's is a cold-cast "statue" from Dollar Tree or some such with a factory paint job. I found one on eBay but it arrived broken and I haven't been able to source another since.

BondDirector might be showing this kit but, regardless, I'm looking for the solid recast of it:

timothy-dalton-james-bond-living_360_96d7be4bc0bd79a6afc21c0aa7e.jpg
    Well poormansJB it is a small world... I love those mego figures and I hope you can see I've given them a good home.
    edited January 2018
    Hello PoormansJB,

I love the the Dalton also and searched for a long time till I found the two resin models. There is very little stuff out there. Sideshow did a few things but not near enough. I like to make dioramas for each of the movies. I did one for TLD. I thought you might like to see it

I noted shelf after shelf of dioramas; are they all 1/6?
    Yep, I have some for just about every film...I'm heavy on the earlier movies all in the 1/6 scale. Now I have some smaller figures in package like the Exclusive Premieres... I didn't use them in the dioramas though...
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Those dioramas are great! Congratulations! More, please! :D -{
    Here's a few more pictures of my dioramas... These are from Goldfinger my favorite Bond film...

20180102_223308.jpg

"Do you expect me to talk?"
    "No Mr. Bond I expect you to die!"

20180102_223322.jpg

How about a tumble in the Hay with Pussy?

20180102_223331.jpg

I'll try and send more later if you are interested in seeing others
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Fantastic dioramas Bonddirector! Wow -{
    wow - this is great!
    Here's a few more pictures of my dioramas... These are from Goldfinger my favorite Bond film...
    20180102_223308.jpg

"Do you expect me to talk?"
    "No Mr. Bond I expect you to die!"

20180102_223322.jpg

How about a tumble in the Hay with Pussy?

20180102_223331.jpg

I'll try and send more later if you are interested in seeing others
    Here are some from Dr No... I didn't create a "set" with these, but many times I'll try and have the 8x10 glossy near it referencing the scene...

The first cinematic views of Bond's abode...
    20180120_180904.jpg

I loved seeing Bond's first time in action...

20180120_180829.jpg

Here's one more...

20180120_180920.jpg
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    What a shocking work, man! Congratulations!! -{
    I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I RESPONDED OR POSTED ANYTHING. I'VE JUST RETIRED AND NOW I FIND THAT I HAVE MORE TIME TO FOLLOW THRU ON THOSE DIARAMA WISH LISTS THAT I HAVE BEEN PLANNING TO DO FOR YEARS..

WELOME TO JAPAN MR BOND...

"My friend now you take your first civilized bath"

20181002_095153.jpg

"Welcome to Japan Dad... Is my little girl hot and ready?"

20181002_094453.jpg