Fort Knox Miniature at...Fort Knox

superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
edited February 2018 in The James Bond Films
My son, who is a newly commissioned US Army Armor Officer, sent me the below photos that I've been meaning to share. He took these at the General Patton Museum on his phone while he was training last year in Fort Knox.

EDIT: Earlier, I wasn't sure if this was the same model, but I found the first image below online. This miniature of the US Bullion Depository apparently a portion of the Operation Grand Slam rumpus room miniature during the hood convention sequence, which was much more expansive:

goldfingermodelplaquet1.jpg

Pics taken by my son:

25171535057_abc213d54c_z.jpg

26169816178_12fd17bdd6_c.jpg

40010644212_655f99261d_c.jpg

28264029499_3c3791d90e_c.jpg

40043141531_c598dd33e3_c.jpg

Screen shots from the movie:

c8c42c5930.jpg

Goldfinger+map.jpg
"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....

Comments

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    The cars really sell it.

Thanks for sharing, superado!
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    So not only is the miniature still viable, it's in museum connected to the source setting!
    Marvelous! Thanks Superado, wonderful news. -{
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Hey cool thanks for posting those.

I really wanted to visit that museum about 10 years ago and then they moved most of their tank collection to Georgia.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Thanks for sharing this. Very interesting. -{
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Awesome!
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    This is amazing. Thanks for the share.
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    You’re welcome, guys!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Great! I wonder if any Bond fans has made their own model too?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Fanatic model. Did you do a bit of Goldfinger's
    Speech beside it ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

“This is gold, dear ladies and gentlemen. All my life I've been in love with its color... its brilliance, its divine heaviness...now remove from your necks, wrists and fingers your articles of gold, calmly but quickly place them in my backpack and nobody will be hurt.” :))
    superado wrote:

“This is gold, dear ladies and gentlemen. All my life I've been in love with its color... its brilliance, its divine heaviness...now remove from your necks, wrists and fingers your articles of gold, calmly but quickly place them in my backpack and nobody will be hurt.” :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,379Chief of Staff
    :D I doubt if the Miami Beach police would take kindly to what you're doing....
    Barbel wrote:
    :D I doubt if the Miami Beach police would take kindly to what you're doing....

At which point my beautiful accomplices would commence with "Rock-a-Bye Baby." :v
    Number24 wrote:
    Great! I wonder if any Bond fans has made their own model too?

If only Puzz 3D included the Fort Knox Bullion Depository in their offerings. However, with today's technology that's readily available, someone familiar with 3D modelling and printing (or knows someone who is) can start with this 3D model downloadable for free:
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/81a750bb7b67fadc39a80190f3ce0aa/United-States-Bullion-Depository

I'm sure there are more files like this online.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    This is good. I only saw goldfinger only a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if any one has ever seen a pait of eyes from inside the model like James Bond hiding there? :))