"An entire city in space ..."

PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
Latest addition to my screen-used 'Moonraker' collection: Satellite module #2 from Drax's station.

Designed by Ken Adam, detailed by Harry Lange, and built (and destroyed!) by Derek Meddings.

Fibreglass, about 18" in diameter.

Added an internal fire effect courtesy a drop-in module containing three LED flame bulbs.

Got to talk about this and the rest of the collection on the podcast TESTED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NLPlACMus&feature=player_embedded

MR_RPF-_LO_RES.jpg module_2-3_QTR-_DRK-_LO_RES.jpg module_2-_DTL-_LO_RES.jpg
module_2-ortho-_TOP-_LO_RES.jpg module_2-ortho-_BTM-_LO_RES.jpg
module_2-3qtr-flames-_A-_LO_RES.jpg module_2-lighting_rig-_LIT-_LO_RES.jpg

Comments

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Wow very cool! From what I have seen recently on this site we have enough expertise to have our very own props, model and graphics dept.

Never ceases to amaze me the level of detail and excellence people on this site can achieve!

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,350MI6 Agent
    very nice -{
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    Wow very cool! From what I have seen recently on this site we have enough expertise to have our very own props, model and graphics dept.

Never ceases to amaze me the level of detail and excellence people on this site can achieve!

So I've gotten a few remarks -- on AJB and elsewhere -- on this piece which read like the poster thinks I made it, complimenting me on my work and all. Is that you, in fact, what you're saying?

It is, again, a screen-used model; as such I would have anticipated more "how did you get that?" or "where has it been all this time, how did it survive?" comments.

And then there's the podcast which earned no remarks here and just a couple elsewhere ...

Maybe no one cares or maybe fans really do hate MR even more than I realized but I am sort of surprised at the non-plussed reaction which I could understand if this was perceived as a replica I put-together (but even then other replica threads have gotten dozens, even hundreds of comments).

Maybe I need to work on my subject lines ...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,633Chief of Staff
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    It is, again, a screen-used model; as such I would have anticipated more "how did you get that?" or "where has it been all this time, how did it survive?" comments.

I know that some collectors don’t like to tell where they got a screen-used item/model from...as you didn’t include this information in your original post I took it to mean that you’d rather not say too...
    I haven’t listened to the podcast...I always have every intention of doing so but when I finally get time to do so, invariably I have forgotten about it - but then podcasts aren’t really my ‘thing’...

It is true that props have been having a rough old time of it on AJB for a number of years now, which is a great shame - especially when said props are genuine screen-used props :o

I genuinely would like to hear how you managed to secure this item for your collection -{
    YNWA 97
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I watched the podcast and found it very fun and obviously informative....Alan, you have a natural presence when being interviewed. I loved all the items in the podcast but have special affinity to the Space Marine....for some reason as a kid I remember seeing them and somehow realizing they were models and wanted one to no end...funny what one remembers.

And for the record, I loved Moonraker....
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,884MI6 Agent
    A great prop and the internal effect is superb (as are all of your prop mods, displays, photos and designs).
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Gosh, floored by your items, Alan, as usual. I'm a huge MR fan and I for one wished there were more interest here for props, whether screen used or replicas, at least much more than what's typically here.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....