If you could only keep one Bond item what would it be?

If I were forced to choose I think it would be my 2531.80. Even though the 2201.50 is probably the better watch. Brosnan started it all for me. It was "I want the Goldeneye 64 watch" to "I want the Goldeneye movie watch" to "I prefer automatic watches so i want the 2531.80". And then this obsession got out of hand.

Comments

• PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    So really "if you could only keep one Bond watch, [which] would it be?"
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Nah. If it wasn't for the 2531.80 it would be between my Levi's Menlo and the TF108s.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Guess for me, then, it would the the PS AM.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I am guessing for watch owners it will be one of those. Whilst I love my SMP from the Brosnan era (it has much sentimental value) my true love is my P.O. 42mm 2500 (although my custom Black 8500 Ti comes a close second) :D

Cheers :007)

P.S if I had to pick non watch item it would be Sunspel Polo for clothing or TF108’s for accessory for sure.
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Aside from high value end kit like watches . If burglars broke into my house and said ,we are taking all your Bond stuff.id have to hide
    image.jpg as he is the most recognisable Bond item in my house everything else I can replace , Barbours Crocketts , gloves, sunglasses etc
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Aside from high value end kit like watches . If burglars broke into my house and said ,we are taking all your Bond stuff.id have to hide
    image.jpg as he is the most recognisable Bond item in my house everything else I can replace , Barbours Crocketts , gloves, sunglasses etc
    Actually that’s a fair point I see these bad boys every morning and would miss them if I didn’t! :D

Cheers :007)
    P.S so in reality as collectors we are all going to struggle to come down to a single item!

B39_B3_DAE-_DE8_F-456_B-802_B-869_FD9_F2_A6_C6.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Original run Billy Reid peacoat, my first real piece of Bond clothing and still my favorite.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Clothing; the Menlo jacket because I received a crazy amount of compliments wearing it.

Ultimate item. Even though I don’t own just yet, I would end up with an Aston Martin. This is the ultimate James Bond trademark. Everything else can be replaced, similar clothes or a Rolex watch.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Waiting for someone to type about their Aston Martin and have us all beat.

As for me, well. I don't own anything worth keeping out of this hobby. Just haven't expanded my non-existent collection enough.
    Maybe one day, though.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I agree that most Bond items can be replaced but if I had to choose 1 item it would be my Harrington jacket from the Tom Ford project!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Would have to be my PPK, certainly beats the rest of my items :)
  • BOFFERBOFFER Posts: 331MI6 Agent
    SD studios golden gun in walnut case. Stunning.
  • Double-oh nineDouble-oh nine USAPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    Goldfinger repro holster.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    My qos alfa 159 :)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Well right on cue...
    Id Def keep my dbs qos silver

DSC_1514.jpg

Watch, of my 5 Bond / DC Omegas, I dont know why but I just love my CR PO, rubber strap. Just sits right for me.

Clothes, was always my Tf qos shawl cardi, but my Greene Party and Granbro mtm suits have stolen the crown.

And pretty attached to my signed Skyfall cast poster
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Well right on cue...

DSC_1514.jpg

Watch, of my 5 Bond / DC Omegas, I dont know why but I just love my CR PO, rubber strap. Just sits right for me.

Clothes, was always my Tf qos shawl cardi, but my Greene Party and Granbro mtm suits have stolen the crown.

So basically the car and whatever you can fit in the trunk? :p
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Great post!

For me it would most defo be my CR PO; had it over ten years and love it -{

IMG_0552.jpg
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Not sure if my 212.30.41.20.03.001 would count as it is not an SA Bond watch. Other than that, I have been wearing my Ryder IIIs a lot the past years so I think that would be the item I would keep.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Well right on cue...

DSC_1514.jpg

So basically the car and whatever you can fit in the trunk? :p

You are joking, cant even fit a warch in there :))

Actually theyre not too bad. Me and Mrs R did 2 weeks around Italy with enough luggage space
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    edited June 2018
    My Levi's 1930s Menlo... I am aware it's not the screen accurate colour, but as I have always said I don't aim to copy Bond. I just use the movie's extremely expensive personal stylist for free. I think of my style as 007-inspired.

thumb_IMG_5783_1024_copy.jpg

PS and Jack my Royal Doulton bulldog, so that's two items, but there you go.

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ Still only ever managed five Vespers in the one sitting.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    DN Spain 1sh sgd by Gayson/LeWars
    OHMSS ita 2sh sgd by Laz/Rigg/allergy girls
    OHMSS Corgi sgd by Laz/Rigg (still on card after nearly 50 yrs)
    2 Bond movie posters sgd by Moore