Tomorrow Never Dies Walther P99 Shoulder Holster

Just acquired a 1997 Walther P99 and am stumped on finding out what holster Pierce Brosnan is wearing during the computer generated training event which starts with him cleaning the P99. Any ideas??? :(
Pyrat
Reflections in a double bourbon...

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    PPW 306R or ASP9MM ( Will be able to tell you)
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    edited July 2018
    pyrat wrote:
    Just acquired a 1997 Walther P99 and am stumped on finding out what holster Pierce Brosnan is wearing during the computer generated training event which starts with him cleaning the P99. Any ideas??? :(

You won't be able to source it I'm afraid. Two bespoke holsters were crafted for Piecre on Die Another Day by B.S. who no longer makes such items for the motion picture industry.
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    They were bespoke? I was under the impression he wore a Galco Executive?
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    My mistake, the Galco was Pierce's PPK holster?
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    edited June 2018
    The Galco Executive was Brosnan's PPK rig in GE, TND, and TWINE.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    @pyrat the shoulder holster your thinking of actually is from Die Another Day. In Tomorrow Never Dies Bond uses a custom snap top belt holster modified for the P99 during the Stealth Boat scenes. Just thought you would like to know.
  • Agent007_1Agent007_1 Posts: 137MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    pyrat wrote:

You won't be able to source it I'm afraid. Two bespoke holsters were crafted for Piecre on Die Another Day by B.S. who no longer makes such items for the motion picture industry.

DSC03513.jpg

Is this a pic of the screen used holster? I'm curious if you have any more. I've considered having a custom one made and any pics would be of great help.
    Agent007_1 wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    pyrat wrote:

DSC03513.jpg

Is this a pic of the screen used holster? I'm curious if you have any more. I've considered having a custom one made and any pics would be of great help.

This IS the screen used holster! The reverse shows the bespoke makers brand which he does not want revealed however apart from the appearance of the thumb snap & the lack of ejection port moulding, both sides are identical.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    This IS the screen used holster! The reverse shows the bespoke makers brand which he does not want revealed however apart from the appearance of the thumb snap & the lack of ejection port moulding, both sides are identical.

Curious as to why he doesn't want to be revealed as I'm sure he'd sell a huge number of them if it was confirmed that he made the SU version...or is that why he wants to stay unknown, because he doesn't want to start making heaps of the same one item?
    JTM wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

Curious as to why he doesn't want to be revealed as I'm sure he'd sell a huge number of them if it was confirmed that he made the SU version...or is that why he wants to stay unknown, because he doesn't want to start making heaps of the same one item?

He's a medical man who did these projects for fun who has now retired. We respect his wishes for privacy!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:

He's a medical man who did these projects for fun who has now retired. We respect his wishes for privacy!

Ahh, fair enough :)
  • Agent007_1Agent007_1 Posts: 137MI6 Agent

Thanks for the info!