Tom Ford QOS Shawl Cardigan

Would anyone be able to provide me with the model # for this piece? Also if anyone has a size 56/58 could you provide me with the physical measurements of the sweater?

Thanks,

Mike
I know where you keep your gun!

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Would anyone be able to provide me with the model # for this piece? Also if anyone has a size 56/58 could you provide me with the physical measurements of the sweater?

Thanks,

Mike

I will later. Is it the original one you are after? I have original one in 52 and it gives me a SA fit, ie not too fitted. Given my 52 TF Solden fitted you id doubt you'd even want a 54
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

Thanks,

Mike

I will later. Is it the original one you are after? I have original one in 52 and it gives me a SA fit, ie not too fitted. Given my 52 TF Solden fitted you id doubt you'd even want a 54

Yes if i were to get one i'd want one of the original ones. MrPorter has the navy version available and based on their sizing chart i would need a 56/58 which i think would translate to a 52/54 in the original. I would want the cardigan to have a little looser fit compared to the Solden! I appreciate you taking the time to acquire the measurements :D :D

Thanks,

Mike
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    If your a 52 in Solden - no way 56 in TF Cardigan

Remember Porter has free returns so no risk to experiment -{
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited August 2018
    welshboy78 wrote:

According to MrPorter measurements the Solden in a 52 43.5 inches which is is the same as the Navy Cardigan in a 56. My issue with the cardigan is that "according" to MrPorter is designed to be fitted which is fine i just don't want it to be Solden fitted because i'd like to be able wear more than a shirt underneath it. I imagine the QOS cardigan is going to be more relaxed so i'd need a 52 or a 54 but chest/shoulder measurements are a definite concern. Which size would you suggest?

If the Navy one is on sale after Christmas i'll probably pick one or two try and on and return the one that doesn't fit.

Thanks,

Mike
    I have a 54 in:

Solden
    old version QoS Cardigan
    current version QoS cardigan in 3 diff colours

I def wouldnt go higher in the new style cardigan - my 3 x 54 is more relaxed then my 54 Solden and same size. If your jumping 2 sizes it will be baggy as hell.

I would try one size up from your Solden. The cardigan will stretch also as all of it is wool, unlike the Solden which is half
    So just so I'm clear you're saying that whether it's the original QOS cardigan or the new models to not go larger than a 54....correct?
    Your a 52 Solden - im a 54 (and my 54 Solden is very fitted one me, sometimes bugs me a little)

My 54 modern QoS is perfect fit

54 old QoS is a different fit - I prob could of got away with a 52

I would go for a 52 or 54 modern if I was you - 56 would be huge
    edited August 2018
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Your a 52 Solden - im a 54 (and my 54 Solden is very fitted one me, sometimes bugs me a little)

You're a 44 chest correct? I can relate to your 54 being too fitted as there are days where I'd like an extra half inch in the chest and a quarter of an inch more in the waist!

When you have a free moment could you provide me with the chest and shoulders measurements for old QOS cardigan? I'd like to compare them to my other sweaters.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike
    Sorry, got home later than expected.
    Measurements of my 52 original are -
    Pit to pit 21
    Shoulder 18
    Shoilder to cuff (with thr cuff folded) 27

All in inches and no stretch at all put on fabric

Mines unwashed as only worn on v special occasions so should be similar to a new one if you can find it.

Ive not tried on a 50 but a bit like Paul, think id probably find if a better fit!

DSC_1850.jpg

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Mike
    Sorry, got home later than expected.
    Measurements of my 52 original are -
    Pit to pit 21
    Shoulder 18
    Shoilder to cuff (with thr cuff folded) 27

All in inches and no stretch at all put on fabric

Mines unwashed as only worn on v special occasions so should be similar to a new one if you can find it.

Ive not tried on a 50 but a bit like Paul, think id probably find if a better fit!

DSC_1850.jpg

No worries and I appreciate the info! Would you be able to post a picture of the hang tags or the inside tag showing the model information? This way if i see one on eBay and it's my size i can make an offer!
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 363MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Second this, I have the cardigan in size 50 and 52, both unworn in box (so haven’t been stretched out from wear) and the ski blouson in size 52. Ski blouson is tight in 52 and cardigan in 52 feels and looks too big. Size 50 is good, could even go 48. You definitely want to take your normal size or down one size.
    edited August 2018
    Matt B wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Second this, I have the cardigan in size 50 and 52, both unworn in box (so haven’t been stretched out from wear) and the ski blouson in size 52. Ski blouson is tight in 52 and cardigan in 52 feels and looks too big. Size 50 is good, could even go 48. You definitely want to take your normal size or down one size.

Do you have one from the original run or is it one of the newer versions? If I was able to find an original QOS cardigan I'd probably go 52 as my weight flucuates a little but maybe I'll pick up a 52 from MrPorter to see how it fits.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 363MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Matt B wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Do you have one from the original run or is it ok e of the newer versions? If I was able to find an original QOS cardigan I'd probably go 52 as my weight flucuated a little butayne I'll pick up a 52 from MrPorter to see how it fits.

Thanks,

Mike

I bought mine from Tom Ford about 2 years ago so I think same fit as the current model - btw, Tom Ford store still carries this so you can call them directly and order it.
    Just my two cents, but fluctuating weight is probably not really an issue with the cardigan as it will stretch to accommodate fluctuations.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:
    Just my two cents, but fluctuating weight is probably not really an issue with the cardigan as it will stretch to accommodate fluctuations.

Within reason :007)
    JTM wrote:
    Matt B wrote:

LOL exactly! Now I just need to find out what the model # is for the original QOS cardigan?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    Matt B wrote:

LOL exactly! Now I just need to find out what the model # is for the original QOS cardigan?

Matt Bs arent the original if bought 2 years ago unfortunately
    I'll get you a pic of the label when home later today
    As said, if anyone has a new 50 original, ill buy it and Mike can have my 52 for the same £££'s
    M

• Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    As a 38/40 chest I went for the 38 in the TF Cardi. Honestly I wished I had sized down but then it was stolen anyway on a biz trip.

But these are long in body and sleeve. Bought one of Dans this week and sized down to a Small.

Hope this helps.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Yeah they are long in the sleeve regardless of size which can be a bit annoying when it bunches up a little
    edited August 2018
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Matt Bs arent the original if bought 2 years ago unfortunately
    I'll get you a pic of the label when home later today
    As said, if anyone has a new 50 original, ill buy it and Mike can have my 52 for the same £££'s
    M

I figured they weren't the original QOS cardigans. I appreciate you taking the time to post the tag information and maybe selling your size 52!
    edited August 2018
    welshboy78 wrote:

Based on your suggestion I purchased a size 54 in the light gray version of the Tom Ford Shawl Cardigan from Neiman Marcus. It was on sale for $795 plus i got free shipping/returns so i figured it would be worth a shot :)