Mr Connery, Mr Fish (and Meesta Bawnd) at Turnbull & Asser

For a bit of fun whilst shooting a short film on having a bespoke shirt made at Turnbull & Asser, we recreated the classic first encounter between Sean Connery and Mr Fish at T & A when he was being knocked sartorially into shape before filming Dr No.

Mr_Fish_1.jpg

Mr_Fish_2.jpg

Mr_Fish_3.jpg

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Love this! Wonderful recreations of those iconic images. I hope Turnbull & Asser make a comeback in the series as I think they're the ultimate Bond clothing brand.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    That looks like great fun!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,116MI6 Agent
    Brilliant!! :007)
  • JamesJohnBJamesJohnB Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    Meesta Bawnd:

This is AWESOME. When I go to London (hopefully next Spring), I want to do the same thing! Great homage to Sean Connery and T&A shirts! THANKS for sharing.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Nice!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Ha, love it! :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Love the idea!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Very well done -{
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    That is so cool :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Very cool :D

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    This is fantastic!
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
  • Keith TKeith T Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    I couldn't get the second image to load properly, but that's very well-played sir.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    So awesome! I was just in London and did something similar!
    B7231_CAF-3_A8_D-4_ACA-972_A-18_DA352_A6797.jpg
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Parts 1 and 2 of my visit to Turnbull & Asser, and my journey to have some Bond shirts made by their Bespoke Department on Bury Street in St James' are now up on the Bond Experience Channel on YouTube. I hope that you enjoy them!

BB_T_A.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY1ccS4GVkQ&t=99s

T_A_Part_2_Thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukHS2bDPtiw

Cheers, then,

Blair
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Just finished watching the second vlog! Both were done in such a great way, both really interesting, and showed the experience really well.

I've been toying for a while to get some, especially with the launch of their made to measure range online, but I think I'll have to save up for bespoke!

If you are arranging any Bond events at T&A I would very much be interested in attending! Well done Meesta Bawnd
    Many thanks for the thumbs up! It was great fun making them. When we sort out a Bond event, I'll post details on here first!

Cheers,

Blair
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Now that was one of the best vlogs I've seen. Relaxed comfortable and an obvious interest in the subject. I've been a customer of T&A's for 28 years now, and it was fantastic to see that company given the coverage it deserves. I found this more interesting and better presented than the professional documentaries of companies close to my heart such as 'Inside Bentley' etc. Well done BB.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The care and time and investment that Blair puts into these are significant....and the end result shows. What I love about these vlogs is he took opportunity with these brands and created something that truly tells a story that we can all embrace. I can tell you behind these scenes in the planning, discussion, and preparation that we have he is not only organized but clearly passionate about what he is doing for TBE. I love having him as our international correspondent not because of his geographical support but because he has the ability to create vivid journeys through this hobby of ours....!
    Oh guys- you're embarrassing me! Thank you all for your kind, generous words. We all love this passion we share. I'm just fortunate enough to be able to put on film. Thanks, again, folks. I will continue to try my best, to make the most enjoyable pieces I can.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Genuine enthusiasm from a genuine fan is always a joy
    To behold -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Blair,

Do you know what doing that video did for some of us? It gave us the opportunity to have a Bond Experience that we have dreamed of yet our location and/or finances will probably never allow us to do.

Looking forward to you working your way down Jermyn Street :007)

Cheers {[]
    Trilbies, Bowlers and Top Hats at James Lock & Co. coming up in a week or two....
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,116MI6 Agent
    Fascinating, interesting and well made videos, thank you Blair!
  • CommanderBCommanderB San FranciscoPosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Many thanks for the thumbs up! It was great fun making them. When we sort out a Bond event, I'll post details on here first!

Cheers,

Blair

Great vlogs Blair! And timely too -- T&A just sent me an email about their trunk show/bespoke fitting coming out to the West Coast. I wouldn't have really considered it...but now I gotta find some funds...
    “What is your occupation?”
    “That’s not the sort of thing that looks good on a form."
    It really is an amazing experience, and having peaked behind the curtains, and observed how the shirts are constructed, it really justifies the expense.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Hi Blair,

I just got around to watching the second video after being away for a week, and I was amazed! The factory visit is superb. I love how the shirts turned out too, and I know they won't do a Connery-style cocktail cuff for just anyone. Would you be able to share a photo of your Connery cuff unfolded? I'm curious to have a closer look at their interpretation.

I found the cocktail cuff on your white shirt very interesting because it is a different design than my Turnbull & Asser cocktail cuffs. It looks more like the one Frank Foster has been doing for a very long time. They must have changed it in the 8 or 9 years since I last got a cocktail cuff shirt from them.

I had a big laugh when they said they're the only shirtmaker who gathers the sleeve into the cuff. Mary at Frank Foster told me the same thing about their shirts, but I had to correct her that Turnbull & Asser also does it. I really do love how they do that.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BrackleyBondBrackleyBond Oundle, NorthamptonshirePosts: 87MI6 Agent
    Following Blair’s great work, I had been convinced to have some bespoke shirts made by Turnbull & Asser! Following some saving, which is difficult for me, today was the day that I have ordered my first shirt, which will be followed by three overs, as they have recently change the minimum first order from six shirts down to four shirts!

This mean that the minimum amount needed for four (at present) is £1100, £275 per shirt!

I should get my first shirt mid February, following some (if needed) adjustments the other three will follow.

Today I paid 50% of the total, and will pay the rest once I’m happy with the first!

Thank you Blair, I think if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t of done this!
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Excellent vlogs Blair, thank you very much to share that experience.....and a big thumbs up to the people (artists) at T&A who played the game for those videos and photos -{
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Following Blair’s great work, I had been convinced to have some bespoke shirts made by Turnbull & Asser! Following some saving, which is difficult for me, today was the day that I have ordered my first shirt, which will be followed by three overs, as they have recently change the minimum first order from six shirts down to four shirts!

This mean that the minimum amount needed for four (at present) is £1100, £275 per shirt!

I should get my first shirt mid February, following some (if needed) adjustments the other three will follow.

Today I paid 50% of the total, and will pay the rest once I’m happy with the first!

Thank you Blair, I think if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t of done this!

Nice one!

And congrats to Mr 10%, and his Blair Which Product?....