Curious Omega Daniel Craig Campaign

The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
Has anyone else seen this?

Click on this link and scroll down...you will see Craig in a new shot in a tux, somewhat submerged...hadn't heard about this:

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/diver-300-m/gents-collection/product

bond_25_omega.jpg

Comments

• JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Meh.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    The Mantis wrote:
    Has anyone else seen this?

Click on this link and scroll down...you will see Craig in a new shot in a tux, somewhat submerged...hadn't heard about this:

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/seamaster/diver-300-m/gents-collection/product

bond_25_omega.jpg

Looks like DC is wearing the new Seamaster 300M that was announced at Baselworld 2018.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited August 2018
    Smart marketing I call it, we know both DC and Bond is back, so likely are Omega and so why not put 2 and 2 together get 5 and sell more SMP’s as I suspect sales have been slow. I have leant with Omega sometimes they imply, never confirm and leave us to draw conclusions right or wrong but they are then not to blame (take SF P.O. for example they implied it was steel, we only found out it was Ti due to the 50th Auction).

Have to say out the batch that came out of Basel World this year this SMP was the one I liked the most. But I did not love it or any of them, for some reason the date move south put me off but it’s actually more symmetrical in reality.

If Bond got one issued then I guess it would pay homage to the SMP of the past. So then I guess we would all buggered and will love it because it’s a SA watch worn in the film and buy one.

Going to play a waiting game on this one. For SF I pulled the trigger on Blue PO Ti because of the rumours and he wore a black one and blue AT!! (to match his eyes). For SP I nearly bought production SM300 and NATO, then they released a LE version (having nearly bought the Bond AT LE the day before). So like I said rumours abound but I will wait and see - it gets expensive if you get it wrong :D (but I do like the P.O. 8500 in Ti have I mentioned I have a Blue and Black one)

Of course next film will have at least two Omegas (maybe 3) and I will just spend the next few years picking them up one by one.

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Saw that earlier today.

First thing I thought of is will Bond 25 be a remake of Thunderball?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    His hair looks noticeably greyer there, doubtful I but wonder if it will stay that way for B25.
  • operas phantomoperas phantom GermanyPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    Please don´t rush out and buy it left and right. I would also recommend to wait until we are 100 % sure which watch he is going to wear in Bond 25. Altough i think this model will play a role in the movie...
    Did you bring any chocolates?
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Saw that earlier today.

I got Thunderball vibes from the Omega photo too!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,758MI6 Agent
    His hair looks noticeably greyer there, doubtful I but wonder if it will stay that way for B25.

Might just be the lighting. I’m really hoping for a longer hairstyle for Bond 25. I think it would look so much better now that he has a little more, ahem, mileage on him.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I don't think this photo has any relevance to Bond 25. The watch for Spectre was much more secretive, and if there's a new Bond watch for Bond 25 we're not going to be finding out about it yet. I just think this is a fun campaign using the Bond image, nothing more.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,758MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I don't think this photo has any relevance to Bond 25. The watch for Spectre was much more secretive, and if there's a new Bond watch for Bond 25 we're not going to be finding out about it yet. I just think this is a fun campaign using the Bond image, nothing more.

Agreed. Looks like a Tom Ford dinner jacket.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Saw that earlier today.

My first thought was: "From Russia with Love" with Wladimir Putin as James Bond.
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    Why is he holding the 'Dive' watch out of the water? I'm sure they are going for a 'looking cool either wet or dry' thing. But the image does look a bit 'at least my watch is dry'. Which goes against the supposed image Omega are going for.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Nothing to do with this, but I believe Omega will release a limited edition of the diver for B25.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I hope the version (grey face and blue rubber strap) is not the Bond watch for B25.

I have to say though the new "classic" SMP steel on steel with the blue face is absolutely stunning.

2018_08_22_09_44_28_Seamaster_Diver_300_M_210.30.42.20.03.001_OME.jpg

I always regretted selling my original SMP and have really not liked any of the recent versions of this watch, especially when Omega removed the wave pattern from the dial.

However, this has just given me the reason I wanted to order myself a new one :-)
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Indeed - don't buy this thinking its the Bond 25 watch.

I made that expensive mistake prior to SPECTRE, and with the odd exception Omega resale values suck!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Indeed - don't buy this thinking its the Bond 25 watch.

I made that expensive mistake prior to SPECTRE, and with the odd exception Omega resale values suck!!!

I'm almost completely sure it wont be. But I love it.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Blue version def looks better then the grey but both look a bit cartoonish for my liking and not so classy

Pic nicked from elsewhere

IMG_4091-L.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Ugh. Nasty. Looks like a toy watch.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Gonna' flip the picture to upside down in the water until they get a director! 8-)
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    Anyway i don´t really like the shiny plastic look of the new ceramic models, same goes for Rolex. And the grey dial also has a plastic looking finish in my opinion. But as it was already pointed out, this will definitely not be the Bond 25 watch. They will probably give him at least one, maybe this Seamaster but with a blue dial for sure.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    (...) But as it was already pointed out, this will definitely not be the Bond 25 watch. They will probably give him at least one, maybe this Seamaster but with a blue dial for sure.

And what position do you hold with the marketing department of Omega exactly?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:
    (...) But as it was already pointed out, this will definitely not be the Bond 25 watch. They will probably give him at least one, maybe this Seamaster but with a blue dial for sure.

And what position do you hold with the marketing department of Omega exactly?

Sorry, I don´t know what you are talking about.. -{
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    The ad takes on a new meaning in light of this week's news. Now Bond 25 is struggling to keep its head above water. :(

I'm happy I got the current ceramic when I did. Not happy with the new changes...until I see them in the next movie, of course! -{
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    "James Bond" can wear these watches all he wants but doesn't change the fact that they are aesthetically crap. Ever since Spectre, things have gone bad.

I like all of DC's Bond' watches except for the Skyfall PO.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    I always liked the watch face texture of the QOS Special Edition Omega - which was reminiscent of the PPk grips.. but hated the QOS text on the face.. All the watches they have done with the "007" / film name markings just looked like gaudy/cheap nerd fodder.. If you're dropping that kind of cash on a watch.. why buy something that comes off as cheap merchandising swag.. wish they'd throw a fine detail like the PPk grip texture on a watch without the kitschy obvious sponsorship link...
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    I always liked the watch face texture of the QOS Special Edition Omega - which was reminiscent of the PPk grips.. but hated the QOS text on the face.. All the watches they have done with the "007" / film name markings just looked like gaudy/cheap nerd fodder.. If you're dropping that kind of cash on a watch.. why buy something that comes off as cheap merchandising swag.. wish they'd throw a fine detail like the PPk grip texture on a watch without the kitschy obvious sponsorship link...

The qos planet ocean dial was indeed based on the grips of a ppk, and the sf planet ocean based on the db5 grill, the qos legend was laser etched into the crystal and not on the face, do it was quite easy to swap out the crystal for a standard one and lose that aspect though tbh it was only really visible in certain lights at certain angles and most of the time I found it just looked like a smudge. I agree though that dial was great.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited September 2018
    Chriscoop wrote:
    MFisher wrote:

The qos planet ocean dial was indeed based on the grips of a ppk, and the sf planet ocean based on the db5 grill, the qos legend was laser etched into the crystal and not on the face, do it was quite easy to swap out the crystal for a standard one and lose that aspect though tbh it was only really visible in certain lights at certain angles and most of the time I found it just looked like a smudge. I agree though that dial was great.
    The QOS LE was always the one I could not fathom out. Bond wore a 42mm so they did the LE in 45mm. I loved the black and red combo and detail on the face but the size was too big for me so I eventually got to he P.O. LM LE in 42mm as a compromise, often think about adding the regular bezel to it (easy swap to do).

The SF P.O. could have been made in TI as per the screen used but that would have upped the price, again I love the red and black combo and detail except the 007 indices. The production P.O. 8500 has black orange combo which I can live with and I solved the Steel vs Ti issue on mine.

Seems if Omega do an LE then often you get the black red face combo but I solved that with the P.O. LM LE for me (and DC wears one so still has a Bond like per say). Now my regular P.O. 2500 spends the summer on OEM rubber and LM LE the Steel bracket cover both the CR and QOS looks :D

Let’s face it whatever Omega watch(s) he wears in the next film we will be buying them in due course for that SA look :))

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    "James Bond" can wear these watches all he wants but doesn't change the fact that they are aesthetically crap. Ever since Spectre, things have gone bad.

What exactly is it what you don´t like about the Skyfall PO? :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

Depends if he means the sa one or the limited Ed one with the awful 007 indices at 7oclock? I had that and never wore it so sold it, I just couldn't live with the 007 being on the dial
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:

Depends if he means the sa one or the limited Ed one with the awful 007 indices at 7oclock? I had that and never wore it so sold it, I just couldn't live with the 007 being on the dial

I mean the "sa" stainless steal (pun) version