Loake boot sizing compared to RM Williams

I’d like to get a pair of the trappers but being in the USA I’d like to be informed.

I wear 8 and 8.5g in rm I have turnouts x2, craftsman suede, and stockyard. I typically wear a size 9 Usa in athletic shoes and most boots. Size 8 in Clark’s desert boots etc.
Are these boots true to size? I am looking at a size 8 U.K. and want to see if the owners would have any personal experience with sizing.

Thanks for any information you could give.
Chris

Comments

• lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    Nobody? I saw a couple of posts regarding them in search .
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent

I have a few pairs of Loakes and have always found them to be "bang on" true to size.
    I am generally a European size 44, US size 11, and take a UK 9.5 in Loakes. They fit like a glove. I say generally, because I also wear Cheaney and Sons shoes and in that brand I favour a size UK 10.

But in answer to your question, in my opinion Loake are true to size... for me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    Alec 006 wrote:

I have a few pairs of Loakes and have always found them to be "bang on" true to size.
    I am generally a European size 44, US size 11, and take a UK 9.5 in Loakes. They fit like a glove. I say generally, because I also wear Cheaney and Sons shoes and in that brand I favour a size UK 10.

Thanks for your help. By chance do you own any Rmw since it appears you are an Aussie .
  • Matt NMatt N Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I've just released I've been wearing a pair of Loake Garvan this week, I've also got two pairs of RMs. My Loakes and RBs are both size 9 and fit seems to be similar between the two

If your happy with the size 8 RMs and Clarks, then you should probably be OK with the Loake in the same size...
    Thanks so much for your input.
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Hi LotusGuy2001,

I have had some RMs in the past yes, and will second the comment from Matt N above... Loake and RM Williams seem to be a good match size wise. Sorry, I should have put that in my original response.
    Good luck with your decision, I should add I have always found Loake to be great value in the world of handmade English boots and shoes.
    Alec 006 wrote:

Thanks for your help. By chance do you own any Rmw since it appears you are an Aussie .
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    I pulled the trigger so I appreciate everyone's comments and help. I can't wait to wear them.