Cheerio fellow collectors

(Posted here as this is the forum I was most active in )

In the roughly 7 years I've been a member here I've had some good chats, some good purchases and made a few friends

But now it's time to say goodbye. Solely and completely as a result of the hostility on this forum to people who disagree with members viewpoints or have an opinion of their own. I do not want to be any part of this anymore.

The recent personal accusations and draconian deletion of my posts was the last straw. It was like a police state. Ironic given that I work for Scotland Yard!

However, the real losers in all of this are the countless people I've helped over the years source some incredibly difficult to find items or to aid in purchases that they would otherwise have not been able to get. And for this I never sought glory on here, just appreciated helping people, so it went mostly unnoticed. My open approach and kind nature has helped these people worldwide and I genuinely enjoyed helping out. A lot of that is helped by my location in London of course and my experience of being helped by people lead me to return that kindness back to others. Who knows what Bond 45 will hold, but I won't be around to help out anymore. And coincidentally I was just about to practically give away some Bond items on here that I don't want anymore.

Those who know me can still get hold of me, but otherwise I'm gone.

All on account of a certain member's actions ...

Cheerio

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    CRB wrote:
    All on account of a certain member's actions ...

Yes. Your own.
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.