Advice needed reg. purchase made here

JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
The below post has been slightly edited to include the seller’s username and is not meant to incite discussions or namecalling but as honest feedback about a purchase here as well as a learning point: “Buyer beware”

I am writing this post about my experience with a purchase from user Doctor that has unfortunately turned out quite dissatisfying for me.

I have bought a pair of the screen accurate Brunello Cucinelli pants from SPECTRE.

The seller advertised them as size IT46, unaltered and said he had picked them up in an outlet store.

Given that I always wear size 29''-30'' or IT46 in pants, I bought them. Unfortunately I was convinced to pay with bank transfer rather than Paypal.

I have now received the pants and they are very small. They measure 28''-29'' in the waist and I can barely get my thin legs in them. They do not have a size tag at all which I think is weird. I could read from other members' experiences that these run a size large and that an IT46 measures 32'' in these pants. I can barely see how these could be a size IT44 given how small they are overall compared to any other pants I own.

I contacted Doctor (very politely) saying that I find it very hard to believe that these are a size IT46 given the above information and requested to send them back.

The seller declined outright, stating that they are indeed a size IT46 and - basically - said that it was not his problem.

I tried to elaborate how that couldn't be, that I didn't think it was anything but an honest mistake, and that I would even pay the shipping costs so he wouldn't have lost a cent on this.

He replied by declining again, not by commenting on anything related to the size information, but by saying he had good feedback from here that spoke for itself, and that he was already out a lot of money on this so he couldn't take it back.

I later noticed how the product code of the pants deviated from the screen accurate ones (as confirmed by members here, an e-mail from BC and website James Bond Lifestyle) - even though Doctor sold these as “correct code screen accurate” pants. I have written messages about both this issue and that I would make a feedback thread which he has read but not replied.

Again, I am not interested in slandering people’s names but can stand by all of the above information and let other users interpret things themselves.

I have made a sales thread for the pants with detailed descriptions and will also put them on Ebay.

Comments

• MossellaMossella Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    Have you any pictures of the chinos?
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Yes, and would be happy to pass them on at €240 (what I paid). I can provide any measurements requested...

265662-D4-BF3-D-4-DF0-B5-C1-345-ED9-F253-F5.jpg

94965663-EE84-46-EC-BF78-5-B885430-F740.jpg

EE8-E616-E-FC96-4-F64-B812-667-BFC6-AFF9-A.jpg
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Hi
    I can say sizing was really odd on these some wear small some were large. It’s one of these things that I if buying something will always now ask for measurements as I have been knocked a couple of times with this sort of thing one was a $3300 mistake. So albeit annoying you should ask for sizing.
    Some people will accept returns some won’t
    Ross
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the info.

I would never complain about a no-returns policy if the description is accurate - but if it's not, then in my opinion the seller should resume responsibility...

This leads to the next oddity: I now realise that these pants have product code M067DR1050 whereas the screen-accurate ones have code M067DF1050 according to BC and this forum - even if described by seller as "code correct screen accurate" pants... :(
    The code of the actual pants was never 100 percent confirmed there were a couple of batches made with the same material and different codes. BC never confirmed the correct code on these trousers, they did for the jacket which was a special order only but the pants were never confirmed.
    Forums are also different to eBay, I’m not sure who the seller was but with anything you buy there is an element of Buyer beware and ask anything before hand.
    That’s my best advice, there are a couple of people I have bought from who I wouldn’t buy from again and so far I have just put it down to a learning experience.
    Hopefully you can sell them on and get your money back.
    Ross
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I’m only chiming in here to redress the balance somewhat for Doctor. I know nothing about this transaction but I’ve bought from Doctor in the past and it was a smooth transaction for me. Payment was bank transfer with the buyer assuming all the risk but he was true to his word and the item was as described.

Again, the facts of this case are outside my knowledge but I know Doctor posts a few items for sale from time to time so it’s only fair any potential future buyers have a more rounded view of him and his sales record, thanks.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    I was not aware it was Doctor, if it is I have actually found him to be really good. I have now bought a number of things from him without any issue. So if there has been any issue I don’t think it will have been intentional at all.
    I have actually found he also included a couple of small gifts too