No Time To Die Omega Ltd Editions

Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
As we all should know now, there are at least two watches being worn in the next film. One of which I’ve had close up and personal experience, and it’s that that I want to discuss here. Although going off on an tangent is welcome too, as it’s the forthcoming limited editions this thread is meant for.

Now with the new Bond Seamaster 300 that we’ve seen on Bond’s wrist. Like Spectre, we have something specifically made for the film. Brown dial, brown bezel on a ‘mesh’ strap is alone something different. But for wristwatch fans, and indeed, HMAF folks, the inclusion of the MOD broad arrow symbol on the dial really marked this out as something different and cool, maybe even suggesting it was Bond’s issue watch when he was in HM Armed Forces.

And we get on to the Limited Edition. And we know this will happen, but I think we are going to find a problem here. And that problem is the broad arrow on the dial. This symbol is British Government owned, and they are exceptionally strict with those who allowed to use it. Anything with this stamp, means it is Government owned. Not even Bremont, the first Official maker of HMAF approved watches made specifically for the public, are allowed to put this on their watches as they do not supply HMAF and therefore are not Government property. They are allowed to use the heraldic arms of all three services, Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force. But certainly NOT the broad arrow, which Bremont really wanted to use for obvious reasons.

BFD2A880-DC11-4DD1-A922-244AA945D0E1_zpsqjssj7mv.jpeg

So where does this leave the screen accurate Limited Edition Omega? The screen used watch has an exact reproduction of the British Government owned broad arrow symbol on the dial. Will they flaunt trademark law and use it, or will they use a similar, but not exact symbol for their limited edition? If the latter, it will be disappointing, but if it’s the former, there may be repercussions. Just that one symbol on the dial holds a great interest in the watch for me, vile as the dial and bezel may be in that chocolate brown colour, but the addition of the broad arrow adds an extra dimension that has made ordinary and ugly watches through history vastly sought after and stratospherically more valuable and important.
..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Interesting.

Prob be replaced with 007 lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Some thought provoking observations there -{
    I'm sure there will be many people who do not share the same passion as you that will go and buy it purely for the Bond connection.
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    But what about these (arrows)?
    Would like to know your opinion.

Best regards,

timex-nigel.jpg

TIMEX for Nigel Cabourn

timex-todd-snyder.jpg

TIMEX for Todd Snyder
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Asp, are you sure in law a broad arrow upwards symbol is the intellectual rights of the British government? I only say this as basic symbology is generally un registrable, such as the omega symbol except on wristwatches. When I made my pin badges of the Bond coat of arms I did a lot of research and sought the advice of a copyright lawyer. Have Omega already had historic permission to use the broad arrow on a wristwatch as they've already used it, unlike Bremont?
    I'm only saying as the circled T was a problematic symbol for mitary Omegas.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure how the broad arrow aligns with a brown color scheme. I perceive brown watches to be aimed at a niche unrelated to even a movie-contrived military watch.
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    I'm not sure how the broad arrow aligns with a brown color scheme. I perceive brown watches to be aimed at a niche unrelated to even a movie-contrived military watch.
    Historic military watches weren't brown, I think the brown colouring is an omega ism in line with their new technique or a colour scheme which allows them to use the arrow symbol.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Seven wrote:
    But what about these (arrows)?
    Would like to know your opinion.

Best regards,

timex-nigel.jpg

TIMEX for Nigel Cabourn

timex-todd-snyder.jpg

TIMEX for Todd Snyder

They are OK as they are idealised and even incorporated into the design. The thing with Omega is that they were actual suppliers to HMAF and had the broad arrow on their watches as they were official suppliers for over 80 years. This watch doesn’t qualify.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Asp, are you sure in law a broad arrow upwards symbol is the intellectual rights of the British government? I only say this as basic symbology is generally un registrable, such as the omega symbol except on wristwatches. When I made my pin badges of the Bond coat of arms I did a lot of research and sought the advice of a copyright lawyer. Have Omega already had historic permission to use the broad arrow on a wristwatch as they've already used it, unlike Bremont?
    I'm only saying as the circled T was a problematic symbol for mitary Omegas.

It’s not an intellectual property but Omega were official suppliers and could use that mark. Now they can’t. That’s what makes this interesting.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not: I was talking with my Omega seller and she said that they're expecting these watches in early December here in the US.

I doubt this will see retail before April. March earliest.
    That is interesting, so possibly the original issue british military omegas had the broad arrow at the mods request perhaps? Or the then war office maybe?
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Gymkata wrote:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned or not: I was talking with my Omega seller and she said that they're expecting these watches in early December here in the US.

I doubt this will see retail before April. March earliest.
    Agreed, they won't release this until the film has hit the screens, maybe the At will hit stores if its not a film special model in December.
    Btw, thank you Asp for the thread and the inside Intel -{
    Interest truly piqued.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Sounds like a very interesting LE, can't wait! Thanks for sharing -{
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    The le being released soon has nothing to do with nttd
    Its a ohmss tribute I believe
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    OHMSS getting a LE Omega would be silly. He wore a Rolex after all... :D
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Agree
    But thats what my AD has seen
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Maybe we will get a OHMSS daytona (sorry Speedmaster :D )
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Maybe we will get a OHMSS daytona (sorry Speedmaster :D )

Now, that’d be cool... silver bezel, white face, red second hand... B-)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I can't believe that you have shoehorned your dogdy Brewmond affection into this innocent thread..... :s
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Omega is really keeping info quiet to the Boutiques and Ad’s. I wouldn’t count on a OHMSS watch happening based upon an “AD” saying it. Although that might be cool
    If it is true
    The non-movie related 007 LE has been presented to dealers in April.
    They know what will be coming unless Omega bins the entire project ( which is not very much likely).

• CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    The way my AD has phrased it is there will be two Bond related watches this year: a limited edition model and the one worn in the film that will be limited production, but not limited edition. Hoping to hear more soon.
    Higgins wrote:
    The non-movie related 007 LE has been presented to dealers in April.
    They know what will be coming unless Omega bins the entire project ( which is not very much likely).

What I've heard from my Omega employee contact is there will be 2 watches. One will be released with 15007 units. The other in 7007 units. They will start taking deposits for one of them in October. It was suppose to be in August but the release date got moved. I agree with ASP that the movie watch will be next year sometime close to the release.
  • CDPCDP Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    I got emailed by my rep. They're supposedly getting the new Omega Bond watch in October now. Retail is $6500 US. I'm not sure what watch it's going to be.

I'm told that will be the LE based on the Diver 300M. Also told non-LE film watch will be out around turn of year, more vintage look with mesh bracelet as we have seen. And hopefully not overt Bond branding!
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    Wasn’t the other Spectre AT with the TWINE coat of arms an OHMSS edition?
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    I was referring to your post

Paperbill wrote:
    Omega is really keeping info quiet to the Boutiques and Ad’s.

As said, the first, non-movie related 007 LE was presented to ADs and boutiques in April, that‘s hardly ‚really keeping info quiet‘ on them

Higgins wrote:

Paperbill wrote:

As said, the first, non-movie related 007 LE was presented to ADs and boutiques in April, that‘s hardly ‚really keeping info quiet‘ on them

So what did the AD’s say we will be getting since they’ve seen it? Besides that it’s the non movie one.

We’ve heard a few rumors on here like an OHMSS watch., supposedly from an AD source.
    Higgins wrote:

Paperbill wrote:

So what did the AD’s say we will be getting since they’ve seen it? Besides that it’s the non movie one.

We’ve heard a few rumors on here like an OHMSS watch., supposedly from an AD source.
    My AD told me precisely how the first LE will look like from what has been presented in April.
    Ha asked me to keep it confidential and that‘s what I am doing.

edited September 2019
    Paperbill wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Paperbill wrote:

Your dealer might have seen it and shared it with you, just saying that it's not the norm. My contacts in Omega have shared early info with me over the years but with this movie they don't seem to have the details. Back in July they said it was being released in August, but then pulled back due to the Apollo 11 50th watch promotions.